Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
franzjoy
Human being with feelings

Default All files missing in Project (SOLVED)

Hi,

I'm on OSX 10.7.5 using Reaper 4.62.

I encountered this problem some months ago with another version, but I didn't care much, as it was a trash-project and I didn't think it would happen again. So I didn't bother telling anyone.

Now, a (commercial) project I work, misses ALL .wav-Files! Within its folder there are some files, but none of them matches any filenames, the project looks for. And it also seems to be too less files.
Fun fact: The project (although I worked on it a day before) is not shown in the "Recent Projects" Menu anymore, where it was used to be shown for weeks.

I did not move any files or the project itself. It's still in the folder where it was created weeks ago.

If it's not a file system damage, it will likely be a problem with reaper itself. Maybe the files within the project folder are the correct ones with wrong names? (The filenames are similar, but the numbers in the end are different).

So again, here what happened:

I worked on the project yesterday, without any trouble. After that, I opened another project, worked on that, and went to bed.
Today, I open the project, and it misses ALL damn files.

Hopefully someone can help? I lose good money with that problem, money I would maybe spend on another DAW, because security of projects is one of the most important features, at least for me. (Although Reaper beats all other DAWs in most of its features, but this is crucial).
franzjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
franzjoy
Human being with feelings

OK, after I searched my filesystem the hardcore UNIX way:

The files are in the trash.
All of them. So I could restore my project.

Fine. But why?

Is it, because some of them (4 samples) where used in other projects, too?
franzjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

That sounds a lot like you performed "Clean current project directory" in a project that shares a folder with another project (which is not recommendable if you want to use that function). That's the only REAPER function that would move media files into the trash bin anyway.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote