Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #321
kkostovas
Human being with feelings

This is very useful.

I had to re-install Reaper but I don't know how to synchronise ReaPack with the scripts I have already downloaded so I can update them.

Is there such an option? Thank you.
kkostovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #322
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkostovas View Post
I had to re-install Reaper but I don't know how to synchronise ReaPack with the scripts I have already downloaded so I can update them.
If you still have access to your old resource folder, you could copy the file "ReaPack/registry.db" to your new one. This file contains the list of stuff you had installed through ReaPack.

Then run Synchronize packages from your new setup to "repair" all packages with missing files (in your case it will be all of them).

EDIT: If you were using third-party repositories, don't forget to re-import them before synchronizing. Or just copy "reapack.ini" from your old installation.

Last edited by cfillion; 02-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:42 AM   #323
kkostovas

Hi cfillion

No I didn't save the registry.db but it's good to know that for the future.

Thankfully I didn't have that many scripts from reapack yet, so I will be able to manually update it.

I did save everything from within Reapers own back-up so I didn't loose anything.

PS. Have you thought of putting the registry.db inside the scripts folder so Reaper could save it with the back-up or that would cause other problems?

Thanks
kkostovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #324
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkostovas View Post
PS. Have you thought of putting the registry.db inside the scripts folder so Reaper could save it with the back-up or that would cause other problems?
If it was in the REAPER config export, importing it would override the existing list, thus losing data for some users. Also ReaPack manages more kind of resources than only scripts and the content of the ReaperConfigZip is configurable: the behavior would be inconsistent depending on what the user selected.

I'm working on my own archive import/export feature that will merge the current package set with the one being imported. This has been requested a lot by offline REAPER users. If I don't encounter unforeseen problems, it should solve most use cases.

Last edited by cfillion; 02-12-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:05 AM   #325
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
I'm working on my own archive import/export feature that will merge the package set inside the zip with the current one. This has been requested a lot by offline REAPER users. If I don't encounter unforeseen problems, it should solve most use cases.
GREAT !!!!

ReaPack is really getting mature.

It definitely should be installed with any Reaper distribution out of the box (and perhaps get it's own menu instead of residing in "Extensions"), and be advertised as *the* method to install any (supported) extensions, scrips, Themes, "special" VSTs, ...

As already pointed out before a great advantage of this is that ReaPack provides a predefined way to allow the content providers to include documentation in their contribution that is searchable before installing.

On top of this, Cocos should implement a viewer for such documentation that is easily launched for any plugin/script, ... that had been installed using ReaPack (especially easy and useful with JSFX, but not restricted to that).

Thanks a 1000 for you work !
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-12-2017 at 12:11 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #326
MRMJP

I have a request for a custom script if anybody is willing. I often need to see the relative timeline of an item. Regardless of where the item is placed on the REAPER timeline, I need a way to place the cursor on an item and see what the time is relative to the start of that item.

WaveLab has this feature, you can enable "Relative Clip Time" and a smaller but useful timeline appears on each clip (or item in REPAER terms) so that no matter where the item/clip is placed on the timeline, you can easily see the time throughout the item/clip.

In WaveLab the additional timeline appears on each audio file, but for me, it would even be OK if this info was displayed in the item properties tab or a special pop up window.

Thank you in advance for reading and any attempts made.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #327
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
I have a request for a custom script if anybody is willing. I often need to see the relative timeline of an item. Regardless of where the item is placed on the REAPER timeline, I need a way to place the cursor on an item and see what the time is relative to the start of that item.

WaveLab has this feature, you can enable "Relative Clip Time" and a smaller but useful timeline appears on each clip (or item in REPAER terms) so that no matter where the item/clip is placed on the timeline, you can easily see the time throughout the item/clip.

In WaveLab the additional timeline appears on each audio file, but for me, it would even be OK if this info was displayed in the item properties tab or a special pop up window.

Thank you in advance for reading and any attempts made.
A reasonable custom action solution was suggested and works to make REAPER select the area from the start of an item to the cursor location. Then you can look at the Transport window to see the selection duration. A visual solution similar to WaveLab would still be useful.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #328
Fabian

Default ReaPack crash when synchronizing...

I just had ReaPack crash Reaper seriously hard, when synchronizing packages. I had to kill Reaper via ProcessExplorer...

The error dialog was this:

Error log from Event Viewer:
Code:
Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 5.3.4.0, time stamp: 0x58ae3574
Faulting module name: reaper.exe, version: 5.3.4.0, time stamp: 0x58ae3574
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000074b5be
Faulting process id: 0xf8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d291337b71ac67
Faulting application path: P:\REAPER5\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: P:\REAPER5\reaper.exe
Report Id: 92c1705d-fd27-11e6-a378-20cf301f3c44
And:
Code:
This is ReaPack v1.1 built on Jan 15 2017 20:14:32
All I did was: Extensions > ReaPack > Synchronize packages

W7x64, Reaper v5.34/x64
Old 02-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #329
cfillion

Were you already on v1.1 before synchronizing? (Check the time of last modification of the DLL)
Old 02-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #330
Fabian

Quote:
Were you already on v1.1 before synchronizing? (Check the time of last modification of the DLL)
I do not know. The Date modified property says 27-02-17 21:01, which is today at 9:01 pm.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #331
cfillion

Thanks, it looks like it just got updated. That's good news: the crash you had is most likely the bug in v1.0's way of displaying some changelogs which is long fixed now.

I've pushed a change on the ReaTeam Script repo to avoid more crashes for those still on v1.0.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #332
Fabian

Quote:
Thanks, it looks like it just got updated. That's good news: the crash you had is most likely the bug in v1.0's way of displaying some changelogs which is long fixed now.

I've pushed a change on the ReaTeam Script repo to avoid more crashes for those still on v1.0.
I just synchronized packages (to get the latest version of Lokasenna's excellent RadialMenu) and all worked fine. So I guess it was just me holding on to an old version then. Sorry.

And thanks.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #333
Jack Winter

Wow.. A HUGE thanks to cfillion..!

<ecstasy> I just looked at github and saw that there was linux support. Followed the instructions and all of a sudden I had reapack support in reaper/linux. </ecstasy> Actually still didn't subside
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:28 PM   #334
cfillion

@Jack Winter
I'm glad to hear it's working for you on native Linux!

There is also a pre-built version available on v1.2beta1's announcement post and the release page at GitHub.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #335
kyotosound

Default Reaper 5.35 is crash when i do Synchronize packages of ReaPack

Hi!
My Reaper 5.35 is crash when i do: Extensions-->ReaPack-->Synchronize packages
I work: OS: Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.5, Reaper 5.35, SWS and Pyton (last releases), ReaPack last release too

i attached log_file with issue

ps: when i worked on old version Reaper 5.33 - Reapack packages synchronize without problems
Attached Files
File Type: txt problem_log.txt (70.4 KB, 444 views)
kyotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #336
cfillion

Thanks for the report. It's weird that it would work with an older version of REAPER but not with the latest one. That crashlog points to the system library ReaPack uses to perform downloads.
  • Does it crashes every time?
  • Can you try with the latest beta release of ReaPack? get it here and post another crash log if the issue is still happening

Last edited by cfillion; 03-14-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #337
kyotosound

thnx for support

1) Usually this crash is one of 10-15 starts of daw
I certainly can not determine the pattern - everything happens chaotically

2) Yes, already downloaded version 1.2 beta - and will be test

Last edited by kyotosound; 03-14-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:15 AM   #338
chumbo

Default Obsolete packages removal

Hi,
I'd just like to understand what happens with this obsolete package removal message one gets from time to time when updating the database.

What's the reason behind the removal? Obsolete in my mind usually means that it's been replaced by a better version or that it's maybe now natively supported...is that what this is about?

I'm curious because for example, just today I got that notification when updating Reapack that MPL Scripts/Various/mpl_Create ReaComp sidechain routing.lua is being offered for removal because obsolete but I happen to like the sound of that script so...what's the deal?

Can I assume there's a replacement for it? Or is it removed because it's buggy, or redundant with something similar or...what?
Thanks!
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 AM   #339
mpl

Mentioned script was moved to new folder for specific plugins manipulating (the folder was not existed before). Some other scripts was removed because of better solutions or renaming.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 AM   #340
chumbo

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #341
kyotosound

Default Reaper 5.35 is crash when i do Synchronize packages of ReaPack

Hello cfillion!

Today i have that issue again

attached error log to this post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf error2.pdf (114.2 KB, 379 views)
Old 03-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #342
Claudiohbsantos

Default Private repositories

Hey cfillion,

First of all, thanks a lot for this. It is amazing! I have been using it for a while and now I'm setting up my own repository to finally organize and share most of my scripts.

On a side note, I have quite a few scripts and other resources that I create and maintain for the studio I work at, and was considering using reapack to synchronize the resources between all the computers. I was wondering if reapack will work with private repositories. Don't see this as a request, not sure if I'd use it anyway, I was just curious about the possibilities.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #343
MRMJP

Are the X-Raym scripts still maintained? When I try to refresh ReaPack I get the following error:

0 installed packages, 0 updates, 0 removed files and 1 error

========== Errors: ==========

X-Raym Space Items Pack:
Error document empty.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #344
cfillion

@Claudiohbsantos
ReaPack's only requirement in that area is to be able to download the repository's XML index file and the URLs that index points to. (To fulfill that it could be hosted on a private webserver or protected with some passphrase/token in the URL...)

@MRMJP
"X-Raym Space Items Pack" That's one of X-Raym's paid repositories. Retry if you haven't already in case it's temporary. You should contact him for support if the problem persists.

Last edited by cfillion; 03-26-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #345
MRMJP

Quote:
@MRMJP
"X-Raym Space Items Pack" That one of X-Raym's paid repositories. Retry if you haven't already (in case it's temporary). You should contact him for support if the problem persists.
Thanks. I also sent a message directly to him this morning. I did pay for it sometime last year and when I log into the website it says License Expiration: 2017-06-14

I just wasn't sure if his scripts have gone unsupported like some others.

We'll see what happens.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:07 PM   #346
X-Raym

@MRMJP
I got a weird error, I spare you the details,
but all my premium scripts should be downlodable agan from reapack now :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #347
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@MRMJP
I got a weird error, I spare you the details,
but all my premium scripts should be downlodable agan from reapack now :P
Yes, thanks for the quick action. I honestly can't remember if I'm using this script anymore or not because I have a few common custom actions and scripts but it'll certainly be nice to not see this error anymore.

Justin
Old 03-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #348
Claudiohbsantos

@cfillion

Thanks, that's great!

One question I had is if you plan to make it possible to search and sync other types of resources. I think it would be great to be able to browse and download:

ChanMaps (less important but useful for renaming ugly interface defaults like the ones for the focusrite saffire i.e. Pro24DSP-0056ba Mon 1 =p)

FXChains (probably a bit trickier because of the installed fx dependencies, but if possible even with offlined effects it would be great to browse other people's ideas.

keyMaps

MenuSets

MouseMaps

presets Same dependency problem of FXChains, but would be cool

ProjectTemplates Specially useful!

TrackTemplates Specially useful!

Sorry if this is something that was already discussed, I haven't seen it anywhere around here. Just imagined it wouldn't be too different from the packages that already exist, and could be easily implemented using @metapackages to do the versioning and link to the actual files (that won't have the headers themselves).
Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #349
chumbo

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to add a custom column in the main Reapack window so that one could enter either a description, a rating, tag, etc...

This could come in really handy as I found there's an equal amount of cryptically named script for which one has no idea what they do as there are other which are easily identifiable in what they do.
I can imagine the script writers might not want to bother adding a description as it's hard work enough to write the scripts for everybody to enjoy, but users could do it for themselves as they figure them out thanks to the forum, the script writer's 'homepage', through trial & error,....
(And maybe after, these descriptions could then be further shared with the community?)

It might be pushing it beyond what the Reapack devs can achieve but having the full text in the custom column appear in a pop-up tooltip would be awesome (when the amount of text justifies it of course).
Old 03-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #350
Claudiohbsantos

Just thought I should post here to let people know I started setting up my reapack repo containing my scripts. I'll be slowly adding my scripts as I create headers with meaningful descriptions.

If anyone want to check it out, the URL is
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Claudiohbsantos/Claudiohbsantos-Scripts/master/index.xml
EDIT: Import instructions: https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/...t-a-repository

Last edited by Claudiohbsantos; 03-27-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Claudiohbsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #351
chumbo

Hmmm, when I open the link, it's just code gibberish!?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #352
nofish

It's described here how to import a repository into ReaPack:

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/...t-a-repository
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #353
chumbo

Thanks, that worked
Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #354
Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
One thing I'd love to see is the ability to add a custom column in the main Reapack window so that one could enter either a description, a rating, tag, etc...
This.

IMHO the whole action list could need a comment column so one can mark the interesting stuff which one uses only occasionally. Sometimes I forgot the exact spelling of the action and have trouble finding it although the Radial Menu and different toolbars can help with this.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #355
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiohbsantos View Post
One question I had is if you plan to make it possible to search and sync other types of resources.
I can add support for more package types if there's demand by package makers/authors.
  • ProjectTemplates, TrackTemplates and MIDINoteNames: No problem with those.
  • FXChains: ReaPack wouldn't have trouble managing those. Of course they would not work out of the box unless the user has every plugins it contains.
  • ChanMaps, KeyMaps, MenuSets, MouseMaps: These files would not be imported automatically on install or update. The files would just be downloaded in the correct directory. Users would need to manually reimport them into REAPER at each update to apply.
  • presets: The big issue with those it that it's one file per FX. Installing preset B for ReaEQ would overwrite preset A previously installed for same plugin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
A local, per-package "My Notes" feature? Interesting idea!

(I'm assuming you are already aware of v1.1's documentation feature that some authors are using on recently added packages. Double click on most of juliansader's scripts in the package browser for a good example of that.)

@Luster
I agree it would be useful to have something like that in REAPER's Action List as well, maybe even combined with a "Favorite" toggle (I have the track manager's toggles in mind).

Last edited by cfillion; 03-27-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #356
Claudiohbsantos

Quote:
I can add support for more package types if there's demand by package makers/authors.
I would personally love to see support for these, even in the case of fxchains in which I might not have some plugins, just for reference opportunities.

That's a very good point about presets, it would probably be more trouble to work around that than it's worth.

In the case of ProjectTemplates and TrackTemplates I think it would be best if the packages defaulted to "pinned" (so they don't update automatically).
Old 03-28-2017, 02:21 AM   #357
chumbo

Quote:
(I'm assuming you are already aware of v1.1's documentation feature that some authors are using on recently added packages. Double click on most of juliansader's scripts in the package browser for a good example of that.)
WOW!! No, was not aware of that...this is awesome! Just too bad it's a trial & error process: No way of knowing which script have this implemented or not.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #358
mschnell

Quote:
presets: The big issue with those it that it's one file per FX. Installing preset B for ReaEQ would overwrite preset A previously installed for same plugin.
Theoretically, ReaPack could merge the information in the *.ini file appropriately, adding / overwriting the section for a preset name.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #359
bolgwrad

Yeah, I'm a dinosaur, using Reaper 5.4 on XP SP3 (believe me, I've tried W8 and W10). But I get no joy installing ReaPack(32), either as is, or in a portable install: the Reapack menu item just doesn't show up in 'Extensions'.

Default menus, no proxy/firewall, SWS installed no problem. Is it just XP then? Thanks for any advice.
bolgwrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #360
cfillion

ReaPack requires Windows Vista or newer, macOS 10.7+, Wine 1.8+ or (in beta) Linux. See here and here for more details about the lack of support for 16-years-old XP.

Last edited by cfillion; 04-08-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: s/and/or