Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Dzirka
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper projects won't load Waves plugins after update

Hello, I did Waves plugins update. I can load all the Waves plugins. They work VST, VST3. Everything seems to be ok unless I open a projects that was created before the Waves plugins update. It says: "The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired."
Dzirka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Dzirka

I checked old projects in other DAWS I use and all Waves plugin normally loaded with the projects. Any solution? I have some songs for one of my client they supposed to be finished today
Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirka View Post
Hello, I did Waves plugins update. I can load all the Waves plugins. They work VST, VST3. Everything seems to be ok unless I open a projects that was created before the Waves plugins update. It says: "The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired."
Did you use Waves Central for the update?

If not, it could well be that some of your old waves files got left behind & reaper is looking for the old version of the plugin(s), which presumably did get replaced during the update.
This is a classic waves problem because they have chosen to use a shell to contain their plugins. The shell remains the same when an update is done, so even when reaper rescans the plugin files it wont register the new versions unless you CLEAR/rescan rather than a simple rescan..

If that doesnt work, you will probably have to go hunt out the old files that were left behind & delete them before Reaper will know there is JUST the new version still installed.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
Dzirka

Thank you, if I got it right, you mean that I didn't delete properly all the files from the previous version?

btw it works in Cubase, Pro Tools.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #5
karbomusic

This is the third time I've seen a similar symptom from users in the last week or so, is there any chance you were loading x86 versions and bridging got somehow disabled during the Reaper update process? If that were the case you'd see this exact issue.

Go to prefs > plugins > compatibility and make sure bridging is enabled, if the drop down box is grayed out it's disabled via install.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
Dzirka

Thank you so much. I solved finally. Uninstalled the previous version, deleted all the old files and deleted all waves files in registry. Then I installed the new version and it works.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #7
ivansc

I keep hoping Waves will one day get around to clearing up their own messes after themselves when their "new, foolproof" installer puts new stuff on our computers for us. Shell system is a pain in the ass due to this.

Glad you sorted it out OK though.