Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
jdnz
Human being with feelings

Default fx wet/dry anomaly wrt vst/vsti

I insert a vsti followed by a couple of vst fx on a track, and the wet/dry control in the fx window functions as expected - i.e. if set to 100% wet I hear ONLY the effected signal, can then mix back in dry signal

However, if I insert a second vsti after the first (using vsti's that correctly pass thru midi of course) the functionality seems broken - on the second vsti setting mix to 100% wet leaves me with the full dry signal mixed in, moving the mix level down merely fades the second vsti output, I always get 100% wet signal from the first vsti

this mentioned elsewhere wrt to using things like razor (in vocoder mode) - fix there is to use the vst version of reaktor (not the vsti version) - but seems to me the wet/dry functionality should be the same for both vst and vsti
jdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
jdnz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnz View Post
I insert a vsti followed by a couple of vst fx on a track, and the wet/dry control in the fx window functions as expected - i.e. if set to 100% wet I hear ONLY the effected signal, can then mix back in dry signal

However, if I insert a second vsti after the first (using vsti's that correctly pass thru midi of course) the functionality seems broken - on the second vsti setting mix to 100% wet leaves me with the full dry signal mixed in, moving the mix level down merely fades the second vsti output, I always get 100% wet signal from the first vsti

this mentioned elsewhere wrt to using things like razor (in vocoder mode) - fix there is to use the vst version of reaktor (not the vsti version) - but seems to me the wet/dry functionality should be the same for both vst and vsti
had a friend check this on OSX (I'm won win7x64) - same inconsistent behaviour with vst/vsti, but with audiounits the mix behaviour is consistent irregardless of the audiounit type (fx/instrument etc)

Also checked the reaper manual and it only mentions the correct behaviour, so looks like wet/dry mix on vsti is definitely really broken (as opposed to broken as specified)
jdnz is offline   Reply With Quote