Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #81
Rangler
Human being with feelings

I had this and it didn't feel analog to me. I was spinning those dials forever to get any movement on some plugins.

I really hate how digital can't feel immediate like a guitar pedal or an analog mixing board. Technology really sucks in terms of intuitive, tactile, feel.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #82
azslow3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
I had this and it didn't feel analog to me. I was spinning those dials forever to get any movement on some plugins.
The subject of encoder resolution and corresponding number in the software. The parameter should be user defined, but most programmers fix it. So for some it is "too slow", for other "too fast".

Quote:
I really hate how digital can't feel immediate like a guitar pedal or an analog mixing board. Technology really sucks in terms of intuitive, tactile, feel.
Digital technology in general does not sucks in tactile and feel.
Yes, it is rarely intuitive. In the analog world you have 100 knobs for 100 parameters, in the digital world you use 10 for 1000
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #83
Markdude

When using the encoders to adjust plugin parameters, is it possible to somehow scroll through parameter "banks" (i.e. just like fader banks, but for parameters for a given channel). For instance, if I select a specific channel and put the encoder assignment mode to PLUG-IN, can I map more than 8 total parameters to the knobs by cycling through banks?
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #84
mschnell

This should be possible using CSI. See the "Control surface" subforum.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #85
Carlos_ring

Whats the actual thing with coloured displays on the xtouch? any news ? And why is using midi so choppy on the faders of the xtouch instead of using usb ?
Carlos_ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 AM   #86
willem

Default Behringer X touch plugin mapping

I want to know just one thing and this is the main reason im considering the x
touch: Do the scribble strips display plugin parameters and can you automate them with the rotary encoders in reaper? This seems to be a gray area
willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #87
mschnell

As already said before, with the CSI Reaper extension anything you desire should be possible. I don't know if appropriate config files already do exist or if they need to be done to support these features.

You should ask in the appropriate thread in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.

-Michael
Old 03-19-2020, 07:08 PM   #88
BigSmo

Default Notes being triggered via midi

Hi guys, I've encountered a weird problem when using my X-Touch and Maschine in Reaper.

It's hard to explain but when i make any fader movement or press any button or twist a rotary, it plays midi notes and I can't for the life of me work out how to stop this happening, it's driving me nuts

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
BigSmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:11 PM   #89
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper Forums.

That is exactly what the XTouch sends in native mode (i.e. standard Midi messages).

(You should read the content of a forum thread before replying to it.)

To discuss such issues on Control Surface devices a dedicated "Control Surfaces" subforum is provided. It will promise more success to ask over there...
-Michael
Old 03-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #90
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
Here's the mod that I had made by Emil (Thanks Bro). It's for Win 7 X64 only (sorry MAC dudes).

With this mod, when you touch your faders the tracks are selected by touch and when you scroll through your Fader Bank and Channel the tracks follow and reaper follows with it.

Test it out! In return, perhaps some others could share some tips as well!

If there are any other features anyone wants added please let us know. If you want a MAC version I'll have to check with Emil to see if this is possible but for now let's keep the request to Win 7 X64.

Here's the link to download and test it.

https://app.box.com/s/7euovtphxg48f2nku53iy7auux2oyrl7

Best,
Jamie
Has anyone tried my mod with Win 10 64? I’m setting up another system with 10 and need to migrate everything over. I’m expecting no problems but just thought I’d ask.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #91
Rednroll

I own an X-touch One as well as being on Win10x64. However, I'm unfamiliar with using these mod files or the need for them. With latest Behringer firmware loaded on X-Touch One, and and using MCU driver inside of Reaper, when I select a fader in Reaper, the X-touch controls the fader I have selected.

Would love to assist anyway I can, but really don't understand what I would be looking for when trying this out or any additional benefits I would gain.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:24 AM   #92
MikeMcK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
Justin has just gotten in contact with Mackie about getting a free SDK license for Mackie HUI so it's conceivable that HUI and other Mackie protocols will be better supported by Reaper in the near future.

In the mean time look for Klinke plugin on the forums for better support for Mackie stuff.

And if I'm not completely mistaken, X-touch does have OSC support (that's what it's using to control X32 and X-air series stuff), but it's not documented yet.
If he's talking to the dev team or senior mgmt. and can't make any headway, he should try the Marketing Dept. Any Marketing Director with a clue about the potential sales due to Reaper integration would make sure the free SDK license immediately, as well as some free support for it.

If I were Mackie's Marketing Dir. and got that phone call from Justin, I'd also look into doing it in-house (within Mackie). Could pay off big-time.
MikeMcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 03:24 AM   #93
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
I own an X-touch One as well as being on Win10x64. However, I'm unfamiliar with using these mod files or the need for them. With latest Behringer firmware loaded on X-Touch One, and and using MCU driver inside of Reaper, when I select a fader in Reaper, the X-touch controls the fader I have selected.

Would love to assist anyway I can, but really don't understand what I would be looking for when trying this out or any additional benefits I would gain.

When you select the tracks using the touch faders, does the Reapers GUI change tracks vs having to select the track via the track select button?

Also, does Reaper HUI follows you when selecting the Fader Bank and Channel buttons?

Last edited by SEA; 03-25-2022 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #94
SEA

So I placed the .dll file in my VSTPlugin folder, launched Reaper and... Nothing! LOL!

So what are the steps again to get the X Touch working with Reaper again?

Thanks!