Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-10-2018, 05:01 AM   #1
CEART
Human being with feelings

Default Custom toggle action for default mouse modifier

Hi,

I want to create shortcuts custom Toggle (on/off) actions for some mouse default modifiers I am using frequently, in order to avoid reiterative menu opening. Mainly one I need, I tried creating shortcuts for activate "Select item and move edit cursor" (factory default" and a custom action for OFF, none didn't work, it stuck at "ON" status only. My gratitude for any help on this.

Thanks
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
solger

These Mouse Modifier Actions aren't toggeable by themselves. You need to basically use two Actions in order to switch between them:

As example:
  • Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "Select item and move edit cursor" (factory default) -- ON
  • Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "No action" -- OFF

In this case after runnning the Action 'Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "No action"' it would look like this:
  • Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "Select item and move edit cursor" (factory default) -- OFF
  • Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "No action" -- ON

In general for making toggle Actions have a look at using SWS Cycle Actions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWpQXSyaVY
Which then would look something like this:
Quote:
Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "Select item and move edit cursor" (factory default)
--- Step ---
Set default mouse modifier action for "Media item left click" to "No action"

Last edited by solger; 08-10-2018 at 06:37 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
CEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
These Mouse Modifier Actions aren't toggeable themselves.
Quite I can confirm that now, yeah.

Quote:
You need to basically use two Actions in order to switch between them:
Great, I suspected it, just I was in the wrong making. I will try your directions right now. Cool.

Quote:
In general for making toggle Actions have a look at using SWS Cycle Actions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWpQXSyaVY
Which then would look something like this:
Thanks for all of your info Solger, is gold to me! I just checked a post talking about the Cycle Actions, I didn't know. Despite my experience in DAWs I see Reaper is a different beast, with a curve not so easy at first, and although I like to follow manual in a logical order, I think it's important don't be afraid to move forward occasionally in search of information and back fed with useful data.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote