Old 06-30-2020, 02:27 AM   #81
nesgovoroff
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkyg View Post
Hey all

A Couple of bug fixes have gone into the DEV_OtherDevices_Refactor branch today.
Confirmed that quitting seems to work on all the main platforms.

Added a filter for network devices to avoid the Loopback Adapter being picked in Windows.

Hi phunkyg,
I've tried a new config today and got this mapping errors:

Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: a0. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xa0', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: de. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xde', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: e6. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xe6', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: a0. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xa0', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: a2. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xa2', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: b2. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xb2', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']

I can control the Console from Reaper, but cant control reaper from the console
Also, I cant get working control24osc.py. It shows this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/nesgovoroff/Downloads/ReaControl24-DEV_OtherDevices_Refactor-1/control24osc.py", line 186, in <module>
main(C24Oscsession)
File "/Users/nesgovoroff/Downloads/ReaControl24-DEV_OtherDevices_Refactor-1/ReaCommon.py", line 2043, in main
if SESSION is None:
NameError: global name 'SESSION' is not defined

Any thoughts how to resolve?

Last edited by nesgovoroff; 06-30-2020 at 06:52 AM.
nesgovoroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #82
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesgovoroff View Post
Hi phunkyg,
I've tried a new config today and got this mapping errors:
So you can ignore the mapping errors, they are safely passed over.

In the DEV branches you only have to run ReaControl.py and the client gets launched as a subprocess automatically.

See if that gets you along a step. If you're still only getting 1 way then come back.
phunkyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:03 AM   #83
phunkyg

Default DEV_OtherDevices_refactor now merged

A quick update.

I'm pretty happy with the refactoring now or at least confident I can fix any problems that come up!

So the refactor branch has now been merged down into DEV_Otherdevices

If you are busy testing then please move to this branch and grab a latest.

The README has finally had a bit of an update too to better reflect how to use the new single launch.

I also hear rumours that a GUI might be in the cooker for setting up a config!
Old 07-04-2020, 06:58 AM   #84
nesgovoroff

Quote:
So you can ignore the mapping errors, they are safely passed over.

In the DEV branches you only have to run ReaControl.py and the client gets launched as a subprocess automatically.

See if that gets you along a step. If you're still only getting 1 way then come back.
Hi,
Unfortunately yes, its only one way communications.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #85
phunkyg

Quote:
Hi,
Unfortunately yes, its only one way communications.
OK next step is to add the debug flag and gather a log.

Get everything running, do an action either side then close down. Zip up the logs. You can PM them or log an issue on github and attach them there.

I'll take a look see if I can spot a clue.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #86
nesgovoroff

Quote:
OK next step is to add the debug flag and gather a log.

Get everything running, do an action either side then close down. Zip up the logs. You can PM them or log an issue on github and attach them there.

I'll take a look see if I can spot a clue.
Okay. Lets check if I do it right then. Now I'm using the command "sudo python ReaControl.py". If I need add the debug flag, should I use this command:
"sudo python ReaControl.py -debug" ?
Old 07-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #87
phunkyg

Quote:
Okay. Lets check if I do it right then. Now I'm using the command "sudo python ReaControl.py". If I need add the debug flag, should I use this command:
"sudo python ReaControl.py -debug" ?
IIRC it is either -d or --debug
on un*x / bsd

Long switches are weird lol
Old 07-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #88
nesgovoroff

Quote:
IIRC it is either -d or --debug
on un*x / bsd

Long switches are weird lol
Thank you!
Could you tell me also, where I can find the logs after performing the command?
Old 07-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #89
phunkyg

Quote:
Thank you!
Could you tell me also, where I can find the logs after performing the command?
Sure thing. There should be a logs directory inside where you are running ReaControl from. You should see 2 types and each has dates.

Easiest thing is to delete previous one then run a fresh test. The 2 new logs should appear.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #90
sei046

Default Usable?

Hey guys, I’m just about the pull the trigger on a control 24 and was wondering what level the functionality is at with reaper on OS X? Any issues I should know about before I do? Thanks a million for all your hard work. It’s a good thing your doing.

D
sei046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:39 AM   #91
locostudios

Default Procontrol

Hi again everyone, been a while. Haven't had much time for testing, but I just tried the newest build for Other Devices. I can only get transport working now. I'm getting these error messages while playing back a project in Reaper:

File "/Volumes/Sessions/PROCONTROL/ReaControl24-DEV_OtherDevices/ReaCommon.py", line 1732, in _daw_to_desk
track_number = int(addrlist[track_addr_ind+1]) - 1
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'c24vumeter'

Unhandled Error responding to daw_to_desk OSC message
File "/Volumes/Sessions/PROCONTROL/ReaControl24-DEV_OtherDevices/ReaCommon.py", line 1732, in _daw_to_desk
track_number = int(addrlist[track_addr_ind+1]) - 1
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'c24fader'

The c24 fader error comes when it tries to read automation.

Kill now works, no need to reboot to try again.

And for the record, I'm on a Mac Pro 5.1 with Mojave 10.14.6

Hope this project isn't dead yet...?
locostudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #92
locostudios

Default Procontrol

Pressing any other buttons I get this

Level 1 byte not found in MAPPING_TREE: fb. New mapping needed for sequence ['\xfb', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00', '\x00']
locostudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:48 AM   #93
Shredmaster General

Default Can anyone help this dummy?

Hey guys. I've been using Reaper since 2008, when I stopped using Pro Tools. I still have my old Control-24 though, and I would love to use it. But I don't understand all the "Python Jargon". Over the last few days, I've tried reading all the stuff posted about ReaControl24, and I'm still nowhere. I hate to ask, but I would be really grateful if someone has the time email me a step-by-step for someone who has never even heard of Python. I'm not good at computer stuff. I just buy a Mac and let it do the work. I have a brand new one right now, so all the gear is ready to go. I'm just an idiot. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out of their day to help me with this.
Shredmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:41 AM   #94
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmaster General View Post
Hey guys. I've been using Reaper since 2008, when I stopped using Pro Tools. I still have my old Control-24 though, and I would love to use it. But I don't understand all the "Python Jargon". Over the last few days, I've tried reading all the stuff posted about ReaControl24, and I'm still nowhere. I hate to ask, but I would be really grateful if someone has the time email me a step-by-step for someone who has never even heard of Python. I'm not good at computer stuff. I just buy a Mac and let it do the work. I have a brand new one right now, so all the gear is ready to go. I'm just an idiot. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out of their day to help me with this.
Hey there.
Making this thing easier to install has been a TODO item for a long time!

If you are a Windows user then good news, there is a step by step video that you can follow.
https://github.com/phunkyg/ReaContro.../master/Videos

If not, I'm happy to help. Pop me a DM here and I'll arrange something with you.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #95
phunkyg

Default DEV_OtherDevices mini update

Over the weekend, managed to get some debug time with Disruptormon.

We've been testing on the DEV_OtherDevices branch to see if it still works for Control24. Things weren't in good shape.

The main issue was Reaper failing to parse the .OSC file correctly so almost everything had stopped working.

Dmon put in the hard yards to debug this as Reaper offers no debugging on the OSC support.

So I'm glad to say this mostly works again now but the concern is that anyone that has been trying on ProControl probably had a similar bad experience. I haven't reworked that file just yet but will do soon and reach out to ProControl testers.

Also spent some time looking into BigSur compatibility. This OS comes with python 2 & 3 but the defaults are set up for 3. This makes setup a real pain unless you know exactly how to drive a separate python env.

So I also started looking into a python 3 upgrade for ReaControl. It seems many dependencies aren't working in python 3 so it would be quite a big job to get ported over.

Well there it is. Sorry that recent history means a big slowdown in dev, but hopefully there will be a bit more now.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:29 PM   #96
Shredmaster General

Quote:

We've been testing on the DEV_OtherDevices branch to see if it still works for Control24. Things weren't in good shape.

The main issue was Reaper failing to parse the .OSC file correctly so almost everything had stopped working.

Dmon put in the hard yards to debug this as Reaper offers no debugging on the OSC support.

So I'm glad to say this mostly works again now but the concern is that anyone that has been trying on ProControl probably had a similar bad experience. I haven't reworked that file just yet but will do soon and reach out to ProControl testers.

Also spent some time looking into BigSur compatibility. This OS comes with python 2 & 3 but the defaults are set up for 3. This makes setup a real pain unless you know exactly how to drive a separate python env.

So I also started looking into a python 3 upgrade for ReaControl. It seems many dependencies aren't working in python 3 so it would be quite a big job to get ported over.

Well there it is. Sorry that recent history means a big slowdown in dev, but hopefully there will be a bit more now.

Gotcha. Really appreciate what y'all do. Hopefully it's caught up at some point. I'd love to use it. I'm sure it suits Reaper far better than V-control, which I'm using for now.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #97
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmaster General View Post
Gotcha. Really appreciate what y'all do. Hopefully it's caught up at some point. I'd love to use it. I'm sure it suits Reaper far better than V-control, which I'm using for now.
I think we can get you going on BigSur SMG but it will take a bit of python environment prep. Not the end of the world, I'm actually upgrading a mac here to give it a go
Old 02-17-2021, 08:20 AM   #98
Shredmaster General

Quote:
I think we can get you going on BigSur SMG but it will take a bit of python environment prep. Not the end of the world, I'm actually upgrading a mac here to give it a go
Word. Sounds good.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #99
PeteOBrien

Default Does V Control do the same thing as ReaControl24

I am getting my Control24 next week and i am trying to work out how to use it with Reaper.
I have seen the amazing work you guys have done in creating ReaControl24.
Your sharing of this is awesome. Thankyou
First of all i am a Windows User.
And just watched the video you guys made.
I am not that techy and just wanted to ask the question will the Control24 work if i downloaded the software V Control and connected a either net cable?
Or would i need another device or more software.
Again you guys do amazing work.
But for a dumbass like myself would this work ?

Also is there any update versions of ReaControl24?

Thankyou Guy

All the best with your Mixs

Pete
PeteOBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:22 AM   #100
MixR

Please ignore my post below - I moved to a switch based setup where the ProControl, Pro Tools and Reaper machines are all connected on the same switch. Once I changed over the IP address in reaper the Main Unit was found immediately.

Quote:

Hey phunkyg, I have just tried the latest Dev_Other Devices files and am wondering if I am having the issues mentioned above? I get an error saying "Waiting for the OSC listener to get client None"

My log indicated that the MainUnit has been found but Reaper is not seeing it (worked before).

I am on macOS 10.14.6

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Last edited by MixR; 04-03-2021 at 09:12 AM.
MixR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:21 AM   #101
MixR

Quote:
Just to say that I am ready to dive in to ProControl Testing. My switch from Pro Tools to Reaper is well under way now - which means it will be much easier for me to do day to day testing/reporting/whatever is required.
There is probably no point to chime in until you have reworked the ProControl file.

ProControl is a huge part of my workflow on Pro Tools and I need a good control surface for Reaper. There is nothing like it on the market (anymore) and being able to use any of the buttons via OSC and bind them to actions in Reaper has the potential to make this unit far more powerful than it ever was in Pro Tools. To say that I am excited is a gross understatement!
MixR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #102
Shredmaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixR View Post
ProControl is a huge part of my workflow on Pro Tools and I need a good control surface for Reaper. There is nothing like it on the market (anymore) and being able to use any of the buttons via OSC and bind them to actions in Reaper has the potential to make this unit far more powerful than it ever was in Pro Tools. To say that I am excited is a gross understatement!
I am also excited for the Control-24 potential with Reaper. Really looking forward to being able to get it up and running. I'm using V-Control right now. It gives me Transport, Scrub Wheel, Save/Undo, Monitor Section, Fader Automation w/ Read/Write, Pan/Arm/Solo/Mute on Individual Tracks (No Grouping, or Batch control), No Edit Tools, No plugin control, No Counter for Time/Bars/Beats (Only Samples w/ seems dumb), amongst other board functions not available. So, getting Rea-Control will be awesome, especially if there's ways to custom assign functions, which seems like the case, but I'm not a code guy. All of this is basically gonna have to done for me.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:21 AM   #103
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOBrien View Post

Also is there any update versions of ReaControl24?

Pete
Hi Pete, the version getting the most attention right now is the DEV_OtherDevices branch.
This simplifies setup and execution as there is only a single python script to run.
We recently did some work on the ReaControl.OSC file that fixed a lot of problems.

Strangely there are fewer things actually working under this release but this will be the way forward as lots of internal stuff has been fixed and improved.

If you get chance please try this branch with your Control24, the more feedback we can get the better the result will be!
Old 04-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #104
nesgovoroff

Default I'm back

Hi guys, long time no see!
Hi @phunkyg, hope you doing well.
At last I've repaired my Control24, it was a power issue which leads to fader and meter and monitor section failures. Now its ok, so I'd like to test some new releases!
So I've downloaded a version from DEV_OtherDevices, it works, but some strange behavior was discovered.
For some reason it doesn't show channel names at the displays. When I change the track name, it appears for a second, then disappears again. Jog, buttons and other stuff didn't work from the scratch, but I was able to map some actions to the buttons. For example - show mixer on "mix" button, and so on.
If I could test some feature - feel free to ask.
Thank you for your amazing work!

Last edited by nesgovoroff; 04-22-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #105
phunkyg

Quote:
Hi guys, long time no see!
Hi @phunkyg, hope you doing well.
At last I've repaired my Control24, it was a power issue which leads to fader and meter and monitor section failures. Now its ok, so I'd like to test some new releases!
So I've downloaded a version from DEV_OtherDevices, it works, but some strange behavior was discovered.
For some reason it doesn't show channel names at the displays. When I change the track name, it appears for a second, then disappears again. Jog, buttons and other stuff didn't work from the scratch, but I was able to map some actions to the buttons. For example - show mixer on "mix" button, and so on.
If I could test some feature - feel free to ask.
Thank you for your amazing work!
Awesome! Glad you got your unit fired up.

Thanks for the feedback. I have seen similar behaviour with the scribbles, it isn't possible to set the 'current' displayed value. In the release branch these are mapped to the 'show group' 'show info' etc buttons but this has gotten lost.

Last time we were working on this the jog was fixed but clearly this isn't always the case so I will look into that again.

For a clean session you will have to go back to release branch but thanks for testing in the dev branch! Every report is helpful.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:26 AM   #106
phunkyg

Quote:
Good news, I was able to find a workaround to allow the troubled dependency, pypcap, to install on Big Sur:

https://github.com/phunkyg/ReaContro...Workarounds.md
Old 09-03-2021, 03:52 AM   #107
tovi_port

Default Hide Channels

Hil. Does anybody know how to hide channels. For instance if I have channels in a folder and I close the folder int he mixer, the channels still remain visible. Same thing happens when I op the Track Manager. When hiding channels they still show up on the mixer. Thanks guys
tovi_port is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:48 PM   #108
glennbraynalonzo

Default "Daemon Process" & "OSC Client Process" ERROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloos View Post
hi phunkyg, thanks for the feedback! I figured out that the problem was as you suggested: the default device being detected was the npcap loopback adapter not the ethernet adapter.

I posted some more details on the phunkyg fork on github under issues but in short I got it working by doing the following:

I used the -n option (python control24d.py -n=2525246246) it said theat the network I inputed was not valid but it outputs all your adapters with the ids in the error message so I copied the one which said ethernet ( {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} Ethernet ) out of the list and ran the command:

python control24d.py --network={xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} Ethernet

and it worked now I get: desk detected :MAINUNIT 1.37 @....
!!!!
I also had to specify the IP of my computer for control24osc.py:

python control24osc.py --connect=192.168.0.55:9125

since it is using the ip from the loopback adapter. now everything works.

it would be great if the Pro Control support could continue evolving. happy to help out in any way.

Hi guyz, I am new here. I hope someone can help me in connecting my Digidesign C|24 to Reaper (Running Windows 7 64BIT)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Scripts\ReaCont
rol24-1.1.0

///"Daemon Process" ERROR ///

C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Scripts\ReaControl24-1.1.0>python cont
rol24d.py --network={846EE342-7039-11DE-9D20-806E6F6E6963}
File "control24d.py", line 711, in <module>
main()
File "control24d.py", line 693, in main
SESSION = C24session(opts, networks)
File "control24d.py", line 605, in __init__
self.mac_computer = MacAddress.from_buffer_copy(bytearray.fromhex(self .mac_c
omputer_str.replace(':', '')))
ValueError: Buffer size too small (0 instead of at least 6 bytes) //<--- PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ERROR//

C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Scripts\ReaControl24-1.1.0>

///"OSC Client Process" ERROR ///

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Scripts\ReaCont
rol24-1.1.0

C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Scripts\ReaControl24-1.1.0>python cont
rol24osc.py --connect=192.168.0.165:9125
c24 client Unhandled exception
File "control24osc.py", line 1291, in _manage_c24_client
self.server, authkey=DEFAULTS.get('auth'))
File "C:\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py ", line 169, in Client
c = SocketClient(address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py ", line 308, in SocketClien
t
s.connect(address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 228, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine acti
vely refused it
Exception in thread thread_c24_client:
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "control24osc.py", line 1291, in _manage_c24_client
self.server, authkey=DEFAULTS.get('auth'))
File "C:\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py ", line 169, in Client
c = SocketClient(address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py ", line 308, in SocketClien
t
s.connect(address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 228, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine acti
vely refused it
glennbraynalonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #109
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbraynalonzo View Post
Hi guyz, I am new here. I hope someone can help me in connecting my Digidesign C|24 to Reaper (Running Windows 7 64BIT)

vely refused it

Hi,

The release branch is for Control24 only. I think the C24 is a different device?

We can try to accomodate it under the DEV_OtherDevices branch as this was setup to allow code to be written for different devices as long as they use roughly the same protocol.

Have a go, it'll exit pretty much right away but it should detect and reject the C24 at least, then we can look to add code for it.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:52 AM   #110
tovi_port

Default Mac M1 Silicone

Hi. Has anyone had any luck running this on M1 Mac Silicone.
tovi_port is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:00 AM   #111
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovi_port View Post
Hi. Has anyone had any luck running this on M1 Mac Silicone.
It should run fine as long as the dependencies do, and that has been a problem with the ever changing macos landscape.

Have you tried and failed and need help, or just looking for pre-info?
Old 07-26-2022, 06:36 AM   #112
phunkyg

Default ReaControl V2 Roadmap

Hi all,

A little news is due regarding ReaControl...

So recently I had the opportunity to work with Disruptormon and his Control24,

Our sessions mostly concentrated on acting on feedback and issues experienced by users:

* difficulty with installation
* difficulty understanding configuration
* launching being awkward/too techy / needing python fu

So I'd like to announce a new direction for a V2 release of ReaControl that should wrap in a number of improvements:

* A GUI configuration utility
* File based configuration capability
* Desktop / service launchers
* The single executable
* Multiple device support

Unfortunately while making 'other' device support a main feature, we haven't had an opportunity to work on new mappings provided by the community.
This release will however make the right moves toward making it easier/more accessible to work on mappings for other devices.

Watch this space!
Old 11-28-2022, 03:17 PM   #113
Gertius

Does this also support the Avid C24? Do they have the same protocol?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have searched the forum and the GitHub page, but couldn´t find an answer.
Gertius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #114
Muziekschuur

Working on a deal to purchase a digidesign Control24

Then I will own a command8 and a control24 (if the deal pulls thru)
Muziekschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:51 AM   #115
Muziekschuur

Have now a control24 and command 8 and v-control.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:37 PM   #116
iic

Default NEW Tester

Hi All,

First many thanks to @phunkyg and any other developers that have kept this going.

Im late to the party but more than happy to get testing and using Reacontrol on a daily basis.

I recently became the owner of a Ctrl24, and started with @phasewalekers initial build.

Ive been using that build for the last 2 weeks and purposefully installed WIN 10 to test this.

Ive followed the thread religiously and have not yet moved on to any of the newer versions.

Based on what im currently using and as far as I can see with my very minimal coding skills is that the final step is to get some way to control plugins and control sends aswell as the possibility to navigate some menus?

Im not sure, at what stage in development we currently are, but Ill be happy to hear from anyone espeacially other Ctrl24 Devs or Testers here.

I will now be going into the github to review all issues and follow the thread to establish some ideas around what has worked and what has not.

Many thanks to everyone here, Ive never been a fan of PT but their hardware was always very cool looking so, initially I had reservations about owning a Ctrl24, but being able to bond it with reaper...amazing!!!

Long story short, Im available to test, send logs, create maps if need be.

Last edited by iic; 09-27-2023 at 11:00 PM.
iic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:14 AM   #117
iic

Quote:
Hi all,

A little news is due regarding ReaControl...

So recently I had the opportunity to work with Disruptormon and his Control24,

Our sessions mostly concentrated on acting on feedback and issues experienced by users:

* difficulty with installation
* difficulty understanding configuration
* launching being awkward/too techy / needing python fu

So I'd like to announce a new direction for a V2 release of ReaControl that should wrap in a number of improvements:

* A GUI configuration utility
* File based configuration capability
* Desktop / service launchers
* The single executable
* Multiple device support

Unfortunately while making 'other' device support a main feature, we haven't had an opportunity to work on new mappings provided by the community.
This release will however make the right moves toward making it easier/more accessible to work on mappings for other devices.

Watch this space!
Hi Phunkyg,

Did you manage to get anywhere with any of these ideas.

Also havnt been able to find any information regarding the FTR version on github, what exactly is it...?

@ALL
Im trying to get the most recent version of the script going, so I believe I need to create a folder on my system install there and Replace the OSC file in reaper, then select that OSC file for the new install of Reacontrol in reper preferences, is this correct. Just trying to get some pre-info before I break my current workflow. Im failry happy with the initial script, but after reading through all the threads on this subject, im happy to test out a the most uptodate version.

Any ideas in this respect will be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by iic; 09-30-2023 at 12:19 AM.
iic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 07:07 PM   #118
Muziekschuur

Will Midi 2.0 have remote control as part of the protocol? Any way to integrate current development within Midi 2.0? Or are we talking apples and oranges?

Currently (re) building A Mac Pro 4.1/5.1 dual cpu 6 core with 128gb ram. And aqcuired digidesign HD192 converters... Still on the hunt for a HD native card.

Should I go to Sonoma? Or should I go (stay) at Catalina... And dual boot with snow leopard or high sierra to allso use old HD cards... (Maybe get a second machine for that to run Protools 10 with HD accell cards) (to compare latency issues with Reaper?).

Any requests so it can help testing?