COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > Debris Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
jaaniste
Human being with feelings

Talking Debris #46 -- how do I make it add images as quick as possible

hi brennan

I have windows xp with SP2.
I downloaded debris #46 tonight.

Using the settings that came with the install, the images came every half a minute or quicker.

Then I tried various setting tweaks, and now the images come every five minutes or so. I read through previuos forums threads on this site, and tried things like changing the image source site, and changing CPU usage and image procsesing, but nothing seemed to make it any quicker. At certain times it seemed like the whole tihngs had stopped -- but I checked the stats column and it showed several urls in the cache etc, as if working.

I read through the tweaking info on your website and I couldn't work out from that what to do.

Basically I am after your suggestions on the settings that would make the images refresh quickest, and also then what settings slow it down.

I am asking because I think the app is grand adn the images made from it quite mesmerising... I want to have a go and taking the app in various directions, adn don't want to wait overnight to find out the results of one setting, if you know what I mean.

perhaps a 'restore factory settings' button might help a little in this regard.

Cheers
and well doneon the whole enterprise.

Lj

Last edited by jaaniste; 05-15-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: typos