COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > The Camel Farm

Old 12-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Amazon Registry Importer feature not working

I've tried twice to import my Amazon Baby registry. I have an activated account on camelcamelcamel.com.

I copy the share link off the site; this its format:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/XXXXXXXXXXXXX

When the importer processes the link, it eventually returns this error:

Your wishlist could not be imported. Reason: we could not determine the wishlist ID.

I'm a new user, so I'm not sure if this has worked in the past for importing registries. I have not tried it with a wish list, and I think I recall reading on the site that it should work for registries. If that's wrong - my mistake, but why not? The parsing should be very similar.

Love the product on Chrome so far!

Thanks!
-joeg

PS> it's really annoying to be required to enter product-specific information as a "random question" on this forum since it's an unrelated product I've never heard of... unless that's the cross-marketing idea here =/

Old 12-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've tried twice to import my Amazon Baby registry. I have an activated account on camelcamelcamel.com.

I copy the share link off the site; this its format:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/XXXXXXXXXXXXX

When the importer processes the link, it eventually returns this error:

Your wishlist could not be imported. Reason: we could not determine the wishlist ID.

I'm a new user, so I'm not sure if this has worked in the past for importing registries. I have not tried it with a wish list, and I think I recall reading on the site that it should work for registries. If that's wrong - my mistake, but why not? The parsing should be very similar.

Love the product on Chrome so far!

Thanks!
-joeg

PS> it's really annoying to be required to enter product-specific information as a "random question" on this forum since it's an unrelated product I've never heard of... unless that's the cross-marketing idea here =/
I've actually never tried importing a baby registry, but it seems obvious that we should support it. I will look into it and see about updating the site to support importing such registries. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As for the "random question", that is to help keep automated spam out of the site, since we allow anonymous posting. The reason it's about another product is, our friends who make the software (REAPER) graciously host this forum for us, and they chose the question. It has nothing to do with marketing!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I'm afraid that was not thought out very well (by me) when I asked for the extra-hard bot check, I didn't consider that this is forum-wide.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I've actually never tried importing a baby registry, but it seems obvious that we should support it. I will look into it and see about updating the site to support importing such registries. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
That would be great! Note that Amazon has wedding registries as well. I know I mentioned "baby" specifically because that's what I'm trying to do right now. But a year and a half ago the wedding one would have been great too.

Thanks again
-joeg

PS> As for the questions... I think I've learned all the answers now.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Dan
up here in my tree

I will be launching an update today that implements baby and wedding registry importing.

Thanks again for letting me know about this!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Unregistered

It works!

Thanks for the quick update. Great stuff.