Old 04-02-2021, 03:31 AM   #361
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
Thanks for the reply. In my head it seems like a simple action, but knowing Reaper it may well not be.

I've still got a week or so of Easter holiday left, so I'm gonna dive into screen sets and custom toolbars. Concept SIX has still been the best improvement to my workflow so far.
Hey, thanks again!
– I forgot to mention the possible use of scripts. Perhaps you already tried the (now deprecated) dopp fxlist, but also the newer script MFXlist by Martin Fabian.

Here's an example showing minimum track height and a couple of inserts. Using a hot-key for the script it's fast to get a small overview without adjusting the TCP.

And yes, using Screensets or maybe SWS Track height A/B, you can obtain a large overview, and then back to minimum or any preferred height.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:39 AM   #362
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
I'm fairly new to all of this, and I've been enjoying the BASIC version for a few weeks. Before I make the next step (can't decide between MC Producer or DM Xenon), I just wanted to ask about font size for track names on mixer tracks.

My recent projects have had large track counts, and I would like to use the "Narrow Form" option for MCP tracks to be able to see more tracks. The problem is that, obviously, the narrower tracks cut off the track names. I was wondering if there is an option that would "shrink to fit" the font size when switching from standard to narrow in the mixer.

Thanks!
Hi and thanks for the interest!
I don't know of any method or coding to achieve such function, also I assume that in some cases, the font size may end up very small.

For this exact reason, I have a few other methods that I use myself and would like to share. Perhaps you find them useful

I've made a short video to show the setup:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KWu...ew?usp=sharing

– The first method is to have track names displayed vertically on the narrow form layout. As you can see in the video, this can be done by creating a four-level track indentation. For this I use the included 'blind' mixer Divider layout in MCP, and also the Track Manager window to be able to hide the 'dummy' indents in TCP, only to show the last indented blind-track in MCP.

Once the folder containing indented Divider tracks are setup, they can be saved as a single Track Template, to be inserted when needed.

Another option is to use the included MCP Strip layout. It does not include all controls, however, by default this layout has vertical text orientation, allowing for relatively long names.

Below an example showing DM Onyx, and possible as well with the other CSIX Series,

Old 04-02-2021, 10:54 AM   #363
bcab17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hi and thanks for the interest!
I don't know of any method or coding to achieve such function, also I assume that in some cases, the font size may end up very small.

For this exact reason, I have a few other methods that I use myself and would like to share. Perhaps you find them useful

I've made a short video to show the setup:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KWu...ew?usp=sharing

– The first method is to have track names displayed vertically on the narrow form layout. As you can see in the video, this can be done by creating a four-level track indentation. For this I use the included 'blind' mixer Divider layout in MCP, and also the Track Manager window to be able to hide the 'dummy' indents in TCP, only to show the last indented blind-track in MCP.

Once the folder containing indented Divider tracks are setup, they can be saved as a single Track Template, to be inserted when needed.

Another option is to use the included MCP Strip layout. It does not include all controls, however, by default this layout has vertical text orientation, allowing for relatively long names.

Below an example showing DM Onyx, and possible as well with the other CSIX Series,

Thanks SO much for this suggestion. As I said, I'm fairly new to this, so I need to dig in and wrap my head around applying your suggestion. Doing that video was UNBELIEVEABLY helpful!
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #364
bcab17

Default MCP Track Height Save - Load?

In one of your replies to TonyBeepBeep, you mentioned one of the SWS Track Height actions. I have been trying to find a way to change (save and load) track heights in the MCP. As far as I can tell, ALL of the track height related items in the action list are for the TCP only.

I prefer to see all tracks (or as many as possible) at once in my mixer panel, so I set it to show multiple rows of tracks, which for some projects can result in three rows of small tracks. I set each track to show up to five plugins and three sends...and this works for me.

However, when I want to focus on a particular instrument or vocal group, I have created several toggled cycle actions that start with "show specified tracks by name"...one for each instrument and vocal folder (parents and children). This makes for a very handy set of toolbar buttons.

The problem is that when this cycle action shows a small number of tracks, the mixer panel automatically switches to show them in a single row (as it should)...but the track section retains the very small/short track control area, and the FX and Sends list areas are expanded to full height. What I would like is to be able to have the track control area taller, while making the FX and Sends list smaller.

Is there any option in any of the CONCEPT6 variations that can do this? I have tried using screensets and custom layouts (save and load) actions, but can't find anything that works this way. There are actions to "minimize" the sends or FX lists in the mixer tracks, but that just removes them.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #365
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
In one of your replies to TonyBeepBeep, you mentioned one of the SWS Track Height actions. I have been trying to find a way to change (save and load) track heights in the MCP. As far as I can tell, ALL of the track height related items in the action list are for the TCP only.

I prefer to see all tracks (or as many as possible) at once in my mixer panel, so I set it to show multiple rows of tracks, which for some projects can result in three rows of small tracks. I set each track to show up to five plugins and three sends...and this works for me.

However, when I want to focus on a particular instrument or vocal group, I have created several toggled cycle actions that start with "show specified tracks by name"...one for each instrument and vocal folder (parents and children). This makes for a very handy set of toolbar buttons.

The problem is that when this cycle action shows a small number of tracks, the mixer panel automatically switches to show them in a single row (as it should)...but the track section retains the very small/short track control area, and the FX and Sends list areas are expanded to full height. What I would like is to be able to have the track control area taller, while making the FX and Sends list smaller.

Is there any option in any of the CONCEPT6 variations that can do this? I have tried using screensets and custom layouts (save and load) actions, but can't find anything that works this way. There are actions to "minimize" the sends or FX lists in the mixer tracks, but that just removes them.
Hi! I've read your description also on the forum, and I see you have gotten great suggestions on how to make use of Screensets, tagging etc.

Concept Six Series doesn't include any special functions for setting up fixed proportion between mixer controls and extended mixer area. If working with large number of tracks, displaying multiple mixer rows on my second display, I sometimes specify another layout (using B or C from the Theme Adjuster) only for the selected group of tracks and with the option: Extend with Sidebar (selected/not selected).

Sometimes (not always), I think this is a convenient way, to temporary set visual focus on a selected group of tracks, and without affecting number of rows or height in the mixer.

Old 04-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #366
bcab17

Quote:
Hi! I've read your description also on the forum, and I see you have gotten great suggestions on how to make use of Screensets, tagging etc.

Concept Six Series doesn't include any special functions for setting up fixed proportion between mixer controls and extended mixer area. If working with large number of tracks, displaying multiple mixer rows on my second display, I sometimes specify another layout (using B or C from the Theme Adjuster) only for the selected group of tracks and with the option: Extend with Sidebar (selected/not selected).

Sometimes (not always), I think this is a convenient way, to temporary set visual focus on a selected group of tracks, and without affecting number of rows or height in the mixer.

Thanks for the suggestion...yes, adding a "select all" followed by loading a custom layout saved as the sidebar to my cycle actions has been a workaround. I just need to get used to the sidebar layout, which is not the first choice for my workflow.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #367
Anti

I think your site has been hacked?

Bit Defender warns of malware on your site, but I click 'go to the site anyway'.

Then after fifteen seconds on any page, the site redirects.

Which immediately redirects again.

It is then blocked by the Chrome UBlockOrigin extension.

Last edited by Anti; 04-27-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:42 PM   #368
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
I think your site has been hacked?
Hi Anti,
Thanks for heads up, must have happened today. Should be fixed now (hopefully!).

Old 04-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #369
Anti

> Should be fixed now (hopefully!).

Yep, fixed.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #370
PhelixK

Default Update

Revision 1.9
CONCEPT SIX Series, all variants.
  • Maintenance and update
  • Marker lane text changed to neutral color
  • Corrected scrollbars for the revised Media Explorer and Midi Editor in Reaper 6.
  • Updated CSIX Theme Adjuster 1.02 and Images Folder (overwrite both to update)
For the Adjuster, there's some new options in the color tab:
  • Items (selected): Set to Default (theme)
  • Takes (selected): Set to Default (theme)
  • Tracks (selected): Set to Random (native)
  • Tracks (selected): Set to Custom (system picker)
and,
  • A Predefined button to use with Rodilab Color palette (if installed).
This add-on tool is IMO great for coloring different targets, including markers, take markers and regions.
Furthermore it is possible to create and label new elements directly from the UI, and auto-target various elements when selected in the Track Manager or Region/Marker Manager.

Use the Color palette in conjunction with CSIX Theme Adjuster. Run it from the action-button, or setup a hotkey to open at mouse position.

The script and required API/UI extensions can be installed with latest ReaPack Package Manager (see more in the Rodilab Color palette thread > post #1).

If you wish to use the button for a different script, the action command ID# and button label text can easily be edited inside the CSIX Theme Adjuster v1.02. Open the .lua script in a text editor and search for the function: "CustomColorScript" to find the two lines.

Last edited by PhelixK; 05-05-2021 at 07:39 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #371
Hartley Mays

Default Thanks and four questions

I purchased the three Concept Six versions, and am enjoying experimenting with them to use one for my Reaper work, probably Integral. Thanks for all the work to make these available.

I have four questions at this point about minor problems using Integral, haven't tested in the others:

1. There doesn't seem to be enough contrast in the routing matrix between the window's dark background, and the vertical and horizontal selection highlight bars Reaper uses to help ensure you select the intended routing. Is there a way to change this somewhere?

2. I'm using a large orchestral template with over 1000 tracks, and noticed that the fourth digit of the track number gets truncated on the far left in the TCP window. There's barely room for three, and for some numbers there's partial truncation with just three. Can this be expanded slightly, particularly since you mention that the themes are ideal for large templates?

3. In the mixer, I strangely get a double wide meter for tracks which have a Kontakt multi VSTi on them, but not other tracks, including tracks which have other VSTi's and which have multiple sends and receives on them.

4. On the TCP, the background color of the track name field and the volume appear to be the same and there is no visual cue where one ends and the other begins. Is there a way to tint one or the other slightly so the border is visible? I've found it necessary to use the theme adjuster to expand the track name field for the longer names I want to use.
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #372
PhelixK

Hi Hartley, you’re welcome and thanks for the support!
Some really good observations you posted, and a few things I definitely would like to adjust in the CSIX Series.

Settings from the Theme Adjuster you can experiment with yourself, but other corrections has to be done within the theme resources. Below is my comments, and also you can see a modified version of MC Integral. It has corrections for the matrix highlights and the four digit track number in TCP.

If you agree on the changes, I can complete an update for MC Integral to begin with. It’s not a lot of work, only I have to find some time to do it for the other variants.

Quote:
1. There doesn't seem to be enough contrast in the routing matrix between the window's dark background, and the vertical and horizontal selection highlight bars Reaper uses to help ensure you select the intended routing. Is there a way to change this somewhere?
– from Reaper Theme Tweaker window, the color of row/column matrix highlight can be changed, however the overlay/blend is hard-coded.

Quote:
2. I'm using a large orchestral template with over 1000 tracks, and noticed that the fourth digit of the track number gets truncated on the far left in the TCP window. There's barely room for three, and for some numbers there's partial truncation with just three. Can this be expanded slightly, particularly since you mention that the themes are ideal for large templates?
– you’re right, but honestly I haven’t taken this much into account :-o
Anyway, I believe it’s a good idea to try fit in four digits. It can be done by decreasing the font (a little) and widen the background.

Quote:
3. In the mixer, I strangely get a double wide meter for tracks which have a Kontakt multi VSTi on them, but not other tracks, including tracks which have other VSTi's and which have multiple sends and receives on them.
– this I believe, is caused by meter expansion, where tracks with multi-channels will widen the layout accordingly.
Meter expansion is set from the Theme Adjuster (under Mixer Panel). It can be set to None if you wish.

Quote:
4. On the TCP, the background color of the track name field and the volume appear to be the same and there is no visual cue where one ends and the other begins. Is there a way to tint one or the other slightly so the border is visible? I've found it necessary to use the theme adjuster to expand the track name field for the longer names I want to use.
– I see what you mean, and yes, the background color is same by design.
To me, the ‘fader-slit’ is really enough to indicate where the track name ends and volume control starts. There could be a faint vertical line, but I’m not keen on the idea as I think it disturbs the unity mark too much, so I’ll take it out again See example below.

As for the Routing Matrix I have no idea how to increase size of the cells to show more digits on destination x-axis. Except for the vertical names, it's not easy to navigate when having many tracks, not only this theme...

Old 05-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #373
Hartley Mays

Default Looking Good

OK, good quick progress on all the concerns.

I'll look forward to the theme updates for 1 and 2, meanwhile I've used the tweaker to get somewhat better highlighting for now for the routing matrix. Some quick experimentation indicated a dark, bright blue color was best to contrast with the gray background.

The problem you found with the four digit track numbers in the routing matrix occurs only when it's docked which is not how I use it. I just open with key shortcut when I need it, and it's not a concern in the separate window.

For 3, yes, the theme adjuster mixer option fixes it. I think the reason it (confusingly) showed up only on the kmultis was that those tracks were added with the Add VSTi on a New Track and generate send tracks option, which evidently creates the additional channels. I don't know why that would translate to wanting a wider volume meter, but whatever.....

Concerning separating track name from volume fader, I found that the image is tcp_volbg, but the color can't be changed with the theme tweaker. I agree that a vertical line separating them is not a good idea. If you don't want to slightly change the color of that image so it's more distinguishable from the track name, maybe another alternative would be to better highlight/contrast the horizontal track bar for the fader in the middle of the image? That would delimit it visually.

Thanks for the quick response.
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #374
PhelixK

Default Revision 1.9b is up!

Hi Hartley thanks again,

Quote:
I will adjust all CSIX variants to include the changes and upload new Revision 1.9b.
Changing the font sizes will require some cross-platform adjustments. Should be up in a couple of hours from now – I’ll edit this post when done.
I have uploaded Revision 1.9b including:

• Maintenance and update for all Concept Six variants
- Adjusted Markers lane text
- Adjusted TCP id-x, display 4 digit track numbers
- Adjusted highlight in Routing Matrix view
- Corrected scrollbars for Media Explorer and Midi Editor
- Updated Theme Adjuster v1.02, with more coloring options and action buttons

Concept Six Series available from the CSIX webpage and small install from Stash.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
OK, good quick progress on all the concerns.

I'll look forward to the theme updates for 1 and 2, meanwhile I've used the tweaker to get somewhat better highlighting for now for the routing matrix. Some quick experimentation indicated a dark, bright blue color was best to contrast with the gray background.

The problem you found with the four digit track numbers in the routing matrix occurs only when it's docked which is not how I use it. I just open with key shortcut when I need it, and it's not a concern in the separate window.

For 3, yes, the theme adjuster mixer option fixes it. I think the reason it (confusingly) showed up only on the kmultis was that those tracks were added with the Add VSTi on a New Track and generate send tracks option, which evidently creates the additional channels. I don't know why that would translate to wanting a wider volume meter, but whatever.....

Concerning separating track name from volume fader, I found that the image is tcp_volbg, but the color can't be changed with the theme tweaker. I agree that a vertical line separating them is not a good idea. If you don't want to slightly change the color of that image so it's more distinguishable from the track name, maybe another alternative would be to better highlight/contrast the horizontal track bar for the fader in the middle of the image? That would delimit it visually.

Thanks for the quick response.
– For theme variants using same background color in TCP name/fader area, the track-bar-stroke will be more obvious on high-res displays.
– For Matrix highlight on bright background, a strong blue or red should be fine.

If you prefer to use the release with changes, any user-saved ‘child theme’ can be removed from the theme folder.

* As always, it is important the 4x Roboto system fonts have been correctly installed.

About the Routing view that doesn’t fit large track numbers, I believe it’s foremost an issue on macOS, docked or not... On Windows it’s a little better but not super IMO. I believe someone already reported this to the devs, I’ll see if I can find that post, or I’ll report it again. Here’s a comparison on my system, Routing Matrix - macOS vs Win10, docked/un-docked, mac on the left;

Last edited by PhelixK; 05-18-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #375
PhelixK

Default Revision 1.9c

Revision 1.9c – All variants

– minor corrections in Master VU to fit new loudness readout in latest Reaper release.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––

For the new JSFX loudness meter, the great Reaper Devs made it very easy to edit colors and other settings to customize appearance of the plug-in.

Just remember that changes will be overwritten if the jsfx is updated, so keep a copy of the inserted color-codes.

If any interest, I can perhaps share the colors that I like to use with the Concept Six Series, and to have the loudness meter in both bright or dark (yes, it's possible to have more plug-in variants). Anyway, here’s the principle:

Last edited by PhelixK; 07-05-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:18 AM   #376
tonybeepbeep

Cheers for the updates and I've downloaded 1.9c.
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #377
GNXT

Hi Phelix, I tried contacting you through your website with no success. I wanted to know how are we able to get the updates if we purchased with a guest account? Thanks in advance.
GNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #378
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXT View Post
Hi Phelix, I tried contacting you through your website with no success. I wanted to know how are we able to get the updates if we purchased with a guest account? Thanks in advance.
Hi!
– that’s odd, I just tried the contact form and it works fine here.

On the CSIX Page, if you create a new user account using the same email address as used for the guest checkout, the available downloads should be listed when logged in. You can create the account after adding a new product e.g. BC Series "Just download".

Otherwise, I will need to have a new valid email address and also the order-number, so I can prepare the account for you to confirm by email.
You can send me info in a private message here on forum, or better yet, in an email to info@additive(dot)audio

Thanks for your support and interest in Concept Six!

Last edited by PhelixK; 07-18-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:20 AM   #379
ivansc

Hi! Not sure what is happening, but I can`t get your site to accept either of my email addresses or my normal username, so I can`t login to update my stuff. What do I do next?
Old 07-19-2021, 06:32 AM   #380
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hi! Not sure what is happening, but I can`t get your site to accept either of my email addresses or my normal username, so I can`t login to update my stuff. What do I do next?
Hello! As far I can see nothing have changed since last time in May when you logged in successfully. I’ve sent you a direct link to your primary address (Outlook), and also request to reset login. I hope this will do. Cheers! /f.
Old 07-20-2021, 04:09 AM   #381
ivansc

Quote:
Hello! As far I can see nothing have changed since last time in May when you logged in successfully. I’ve sent you a direct link to your primary address (Outlook), and also request to reset login. I hope this will do. Cheers! /f.
Thanks, as usual.
Ivan
Old 10-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #382
chadborghini

Default knobstack

Love this theme currently using the xenon version but the knobstack is killing my ocd!Pan doesn't change from the center position until you move right like 7% but changes immediately if you go any percentage left. My guess is this is happening because the stack of 15 left nd 15 right isnt divisible by 100.I think maybe using a stack of 10 or 20 would fix this.
chadborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #383
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadborghini View Post
Love this theme currently using the xenon version but the knobstack is killing my ocd!Pan doesn't change from the center position until you move right like 7% but changes immediately if you go any percentage left. My guess is this is happening because the stack of 15 left nd 15 right isnt divisible by 100.I think maybe using a stack of 10 or 20 would fix this.
Hi, thanks for bringing this up and thanks for supporting the project. You're absolutely right!

In the current version of CSIX, the pan knob stack does not respond equally to each side.
At the time, I was trying hard to fix this by changing the number of frames, adding pink lines and offset, but nothing worked..

Anyway, I have looked into it again, and by adding an extra frame only to one side, it works much better now and changes from 1% L/R.

To change the appearance when enabled, all stacks in CSIX are used as knob overlays. Maybe this is causing the problem, I really don't know.

I have made the correction, but >> only << for DM Xenon (and also the bright inverted theme variant). If you re-download the latest revision 1.9c, the fix is included there.

I will of course make this correction for all other CSIX variants, and it will be part of the next major release.

– For some time now I've been working on Concept Six Series 2.0, still a little early to say when it will be ready and out

What I can tell you for sure, is that it is a total overhaul of the skins. Many many fixes and improvements, important corrections in the configuration, useful new features and more emphasized appearance(s).

Here's a sneak peek at the mixer in DM Xenon 2.0. As you can see, the pan knob offset is fixed, and knobs will generally be larger. Among other things, the standard mixer layout is less wide with optional edge, and the 'narrow form' will have a volume readout;

Last edited by PhelixK; 10-05-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:10 PM   #384
chadborghini

🐐 Happy to show support! killing it with these themes🔥🔥🔥
chadborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #385
PhelixK

Default Huge images?

Note that images in this forum thread will be uploaded at full resolution and will appear gigantic if you browse in standard mode.

For better reading experience: Log in to your account and select Reaper 5 style from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page ⤵

Last edited by PhelixK; 12-07-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:59 PM   #386
PhelixK

Default CSIX 2.0

CONCEPT SIX 2 Upgrade!

• Basic edition
  • Basic Color series
  • Multi Color series
  • Dark Mode series

On the basis of important user feedback as well as my own preferences, a LOT of content have been revised for each of the updated theme variants. There have been countless minor fixes to theme elements, as well as changes and additions to configurations -things I did not know how to do or haven't been able to fix before

WHAT’S NEW
  • CONCEPT SIX SERIES 2.00, all variants
  • Global enhancements and corrections
  • Trimmed mixer layout, enlarged controls
  • RecMode and Vol. readout in 'narrow form'
  • Adjustable slim channel strip with sidebar
  • Resizable Fx GUI embed in mixer panel
  • Separated Send List in track controls
  • New loudness-meters for tracks/master
  • 4 digit track numbers in TCP
  • Improved markers text and matrix view
  • CSIX custom Theme Adjuster v1.03
    – Additional coloring options and settings for TCP Sends List, Channel Strip, Fx embed.
  • New in Basic Color Series: BC EXTENDED
    – Including latest features and visually improved UI elements.
    – Additional color layouts for organizing tracks and sections.

IMPORTANT

Custom Theme Adjuster v1.0.3
For CONCEPT SIX 2 it is mandatory to update (overwrite) and use CSIX Theme Adjuster v.1.0.3.
If you have projects created with old revisions, they can still be opened and use the latest CSIX Adjuster, although some settings won’t apply. If switching between old and new CSIX themes, the Adjuster must be re-opened.

New filenames for CSIX ReaperThemes - let’s start fresh!
CONCEPT SIX 2 uses new file names for all theme variants and will not overwrite old revisions once installed. At first run, the themes are initialized using their default settings. Old revisions may be kept for reference, but can also be removed manually from REAPER root folder / ColorThemes /.

With all that said, the next-gen of CONCEPT SIX is available now, to be found on Stash and CSIX Donation and Support Page. For donors and supporters ((thank you!)), please login to the CSIX Page to see available downloads. Let me know if something does not work as expected. Best /F.

Last edited by PhelixK; 11-18-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2021, 03:47 AM   #387
Michael Firmont

I tried to buy the Dark Mode version, but it is a real hassel. The website isn't working at all atm (at least for me), tried to create an account, that seemed to work out, but I can't log in, I can't pay via Paypal, the page "locks me out", tried it with all kind of browsers. Is there any way to buy this without this hassle. :-)
Michael Firmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:48 AM   #388
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Firmont View Post
I tried to buy the Dark Mode version, but it is a real hassel. The website isn't working at all atm (at least for me), tried to create an account, that seemed to work out, but I can't log in, I can't pay via Paypal, the page "locks me out", tried it with all kind of browsers. Is there any way to buy this without this hassle. :-)
I know it's not helpful to hear "it works for me", but it worked for me. Did you try a different browser?
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:23 AM   #389
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Firmont View Post
Hi Michael, and thanks for the interest.
Everything appears to be working on the donation page. In order to register you should have received a confirmation mail. Anyway I have now confirmed it manually, and you should be able to complete the process. If still not working, please send an email to info@additive . audio and we'll find a solution. cheers /f.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:03 AM   #390
Michael Firmont

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your quick reply and help :-) it worked now!
Michael Firmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #391
Bouroki

Got the MC Producer and it's amazing, thank you!
Bouroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:18 PM   #392
AxeMan2U

Quote:
here's a little gif I did some time ago, showing animation and function of the stereo pan knob, which I continue to evaluate. Probably more fun to look at than actually use, and at lower resolutions, the small font may look a little blurry.

Either way, if compared to the default version at instantiation, this one doesn't look cranked up, and it's convenient to have a clear indication when the signal is collapsed and inverted.

Also I really wish there was a way to organize labels and values in a different way inside the control panel, now they're flying all around..

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I have a suggestion for the Width Knob. I think having a single segment lit at the 12 o'clock position is best to represent zero width, with the segments widening with the width percentage. As for being able to see if the width is positive or negative, why not simply show a "+" or a "-" in the center of the knob? This would give us a more intuitive visual representation of the actual width, regardless of being positive or negative.

Even better, although maybe not possible, would be to have the pan & width settings controlled by one knob. The segment at the 12 o'clock position can be the pan indicator, and can be dragged to set the pan position. And the segments indicating width would follow the pan indicator. We can click & drag anywhere else on the knob to set the width.
AxeMan2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #393
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan2U View Post
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I have a suggestion for the Width Knob. I think having a single segment lit at the 12 o'clock position is best to represent zero width, with the segments widening with the width percentage. As for being able to see if the width is positive or negative, why not simply show a "+" or a "-" in the center of the knob? This would give us a more intuitive visual representation of the actual width, regardless of being positive or negative.
Hey!
I get the idea but, since Reaper has 100% stereo width at full excursion, I don't see how it is possible to create an upright rotary knob that does what you suggest.

As for the width control in CSIX, I just think it's more intuitive to show the stereo width in this symmetrical fashion, without the button itself facing right by default.

Quote:
Even better, although maybe not possible, would be to have the pan & width settings controlled by one knob. The segment at the 12 o'clock position can be the pan indicator, and can be dragged to set the pan position. And the segments indicating width would follow the pan indicator. We can click & drag anywhere else on the knob to set the width.
I can picture that yes (e.g. like FabFilter has it), however this would require two knob stacks to be working within the same area. I really don’t think it will ever be possible in Reaper))

Old 12-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #394
AxeMan2U

Quote:
Hey!

As for the width control in CSIX, I just think it's more intuitive to show the stereo width in this symmetrical fashion, without the button itself facing right by default.

I agree it's more intuitive to be symmetrical, and that's what I love about what you've done with this control. Now that I've actually got the Producer version installed, I appreciate the way you display the positive vs. negative width more. Great stuff!
AxeMan2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:02 PM   #395
PhelixK

Default Upcoming revision 2.1

Working on revision 2.1 for all theme variants, to be released as soon as possible.

Already fixed:

MCP,
Corrected Pan and Width readout labels when displayed in 'narrow form' layout (from the Adjuster).
– labels would disappear if using the Sidebar option in combination with the new resizable FX Embed and Borders...

TCP,
Corrected appearance of folder-comp-symbol in IDX area (only for standard resolution @1x).

MCP,
Fixing a minor issue with custom color bleed-through when displaying Borders (only Basic Edition and BC Extended).

Also,
I've been wanting to make the Master Mixer more flexible.

The next revisions will include two new alternate MCP layouts: 'W' (Wide Master) and 'WS' (Wide Sidebar Master).

This will not only allow for larger sized Fx UIs on the mixer-master, but also make it possible to use the mixer at lower height while displaying inserts/parm/sends on the side instead.

The width will auto-expand when fx embeds are present, but the size is fixed and not adjustable like other MCP layouts in CONCEPT SIX.

When Master is located on the right side in mixer panel, there's a minor GUI refreshing issue when changing the layout. I guess it's because Reaper is calculating the interface in a certain way, and just like other places in Reaper, the window sometimes needs a little adjusting to update the position. When docked or floating it seems to work just fine.

Here's a quick video with some music to show the feature

Old 12-21-2021, 12:23 AM   #396
sockmonkey72

looks like your website's down
Old 12-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #397
PhelixK

Hi thanks! Maybe there was a brief downtime earlier today, even though there were successful logins around the time of your post. I usually get an instant notification if the page does not respond for some reason, it happens occasionally..

Anyway, please try again if you have not already done so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, all CSIX themes were updated to version 2.1

About the new release(s), I hope you'll find the added Master Mixer layouts both useful and functional.

As for embeddable plug-ins in REAPER, I tend to forget all their names. For that reason, I have created some FX chains, including a selection of plug-ins I mostly use. Once a chain is loaded, the plug-ins will already be embedded and easy to copy-drag to other tracks - saving a lot of clicks!

Just for info, there are some native actions to display Fx embedments:

FX: Show all FX embedded UI in TCP (selected tracks)
FX: Hide all FX embedded UI in TCP (selected tracks)

FX: Show last focused FX embedded UI in TCP
FX: Show last focused FX embedded UI in MCP

– I also made a suggestion to have the action: FX: Show/Hide all FX embedded UI in MCP. That would be useful too.

Btw, if anyone has questions about how to engage the new mixer layouts or might want some tips on setting up shortcuts for layouts, or perhaps questions related to Fx embed in the Concept Six Series, please ask and I will do my best to explain

Old 12-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #398
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Hi thanks! Maybe there was a brief downtime earlier today, even though there were successful logins around the time of your post. I usually get an instant notification if the page does not respond for some reason, it happens occasionally..

Anyway, please try again if you have not already done so.
Looks like it's my tunneling DNS server (1.1.1.1/WARP), which returns a Forbidden page attempting to resolve your website. It's the only page I've encountered with the problem thus far. Weird, might have something to do with the scripts running the page. Anyway, I can exclude it and it loads fine, sorry for the false alarm/user error.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:17 PM   #399
Rusty Falcon

Bored and looking for something new to play with. I downloaded your Concept-Six Basic and will give it a go.

ETA: I'm in... this looks fantastic. I went ahead and purchased the full bundle!

Last edited by Rusty Falcon; 12-22-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #400
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
Bored and looking for something new to play with. I downloaded your Concept-Six Basic and will give it a go.

ETA: I'm in... this looks fantastic. I went ahead and purchased the full bundle!
Hey Rusty!
Your contribution well received, thank you🙏🏻
- I hope it will keep you occupied for a while!

MerryXmas