Old 11-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
Uwe_
Human being with feelings

Default import .ReaperKeyMap by script

Hi all,

is it possible to force REAPER to import a certain .ReaperKeyMap file by a script without a dialog box popping up?
The idea behind is to have two such files, one defines the SPACE key as 'stop playback' and the other defines it as 'pause playback'. A custom action would then allow to toggle between them like the option 'insertion follows playback' in Pro Tools.

Kind reagrds, Uwe
Uwe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
poulhoi

It's probably possible to make a script which replaces the contents of your reaper-kb.ini file, which contains your key mappings. But that is a pretty crude workaround and unnecessary for what you want.

Instead, what you should have in my opinion is a script which either triggers Play/Pause or Play/Stop depending on an ExtState, which is a kind of variable that you can store with ReaScript to set persistent states. You could set such an ExtState with a toolbar button, just like in Pro Tools.
It's a pretty simple script, if you ask in the scripting subforum I'm sure someone would be able to help you out.
poulhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:56 AM   #3
Uwe_

Hi Poulhoi,

your hint led me to a much easier solution than to juggle with files. And the extState you mentioned is already there, it's simply
'Options: Move edit cursor to end of recording, when recording ends'.
Thus, i now have a script that checks this option and the playstate and if desired moves the edit cursor on stop, yeah.

Thanx, Uwe
Uwe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #4
poulhoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe_ View Post
Hi Poulhoi,

your hint led me to a much easier solution than to juggle with files. And the extState you mentioned is already there, it's simply
'Options: Move edit cursor to end of recording, when recording ends'.
Thus, i now have a script that checks this option and the playstate and if desired moves the edit cursor on stop, yeah.

Thanx, Uwe
Ah thatís cool! I didnít know that option. I might make use of that myself. Thanks
poulhoi is offline   Reply With Quote