Old 04-09-2018, 06:37 AM   #1
Publicradio
Human being with feelings

Default uncommenting extra layouts in v5_hiDPI

I have been modifying the rtconfig file for the HiDPI version of the standard v5 theme, and I realized that there's a lot of good layouts in there that are commented out.

I've tried running a regex to uncomment the lines, but it didn't turn out right, and I don't want to go through the hassle of uncommenting every line.

Does anyone have a copy of the HiDPI rtconfig file that has the extra layouts? Or, does someone know of a good way to get the semicolons out without also uncommenting the actual comments?
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
JayJSE2
Human being with feelings

I'm not 100% sure, but I think (at least some of) those are the layouts from the normal v5 theme that don't have scaled image assets, so once you put them back in, they might not look quite right.

The best thing I can think of for getting rid of semicolons is just deleting any actual comments from the document first.
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:31 AM   #3
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

That's correct; I've only made the image assets for the standard sized layouts.

I don't have an effective way to gauge whether a good number of users are actually using the HiDPI theme day-to-day, so its difficult to judge whether the (significant) work involved making the other image assets would be a sensible use of my time.

Reaper's HiDPI support is experimental and far from complete, and there is no reason to assume that it will be progressed in the near future.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:42 AM   #4
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post

Reaper's HiDPI support is experimental and far from complete, and there is no reason to assume that it will be progressed in the near future.
Hope we are going .SVG (or whatever vector format is more suitable).
I know vector can't look that real (textured, vintage, etc.) but maybe a vector GUI interface passed thru graphic card processing is not that ahead of our time. Seems reasonable to me at least.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote