Old 09-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
CodySwanner
Human being with feelings

Default Extra Sounds in playback

I have a project I’ve been working on for some while, and in certain sections it will sometimes play audio files out of place. As far as I can tell it’s only on one track, and it takes the last half-second or so of audio and plays it before the beginning of the media item. It’s very annoying. I’ve tried deleting the media item and replacing it with a similar one, I’ve checked to see if it’s overlapping any old media items (it isn’t), I’ve checked all my other tracks to see if one of them has this media item out of place, but only this one track shows signal for this extra audio I’m hearing. There is no waveform or media item anywhere on this project for what I’m hearing.

I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with some envelope points I copied from another track, because it was about when I did that that this problem started. I’ve tried clearing the envelope, but the rogue audio persists. The track I copied an envelope from has the same audio (double tracked vocals) so if envelope points can accidentally bring over audio it could be from that track.

I’ve almost resigned to just starting the whole thing over (there were a few sweeping changes I wanted to make anyway) but if anyone out there has any answers that can save this project, I’d be very grateful!
CodySwanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
avensis

Hi, have you managed to find a solution?

Last edited by avensis; 07-07-2022 at 03:39 PM.
avensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
CodySwanner

No, but to be fair I haven’t tried much since posting. My computer charger broke and I was waiting for the new one to come in the mail.
CodySwanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
CodySwanner

Default Found the problem!

Found it! I have an envelope to bypass ReaTune at certain specific points in the media item. Reaper is taking the audio that plays after the last point in that envelope and playing it right after the first point. Not sure why it does this, and makes it a little annoying for my project, but the simple fix is to just have separate tracks for auto-tuned and not auto-tuned pieces of audio. (I'd much prefer to use an envelope to bypass ReaTune, but this will work.) I'm off to the bug report thread!