Old 01-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #1
mattchill
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple takemarker wildcards

Within a script is it possible to get multiple $takemarkers for each item the same way we do with markers in a session? Point being I would like to render metadata for multiple items in a session (rendered separately). Where markers apply to the whole session the takemarkers would allow for more specific data per item when the metadata is rendered for that specific item.

For example when rendering iXML, we can specify a value like $marker(Microphone) but that would apply to the whole session. If a specific item had a different Microphone we can't get the value of $takemarker(Microphone) or even have multiple $takemarkers for that item.
mattchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 02:47 PM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Not currently possible [edit: natively anyway, a script could likely accomplish this, but it wouldn't be super easy], but nice idea!
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
mattchill

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Not currently possible [edit: natively anyway, a script could likely accomplish this, but it wouldn't be super easy], but nice idea!
Thanks for the reply! I want to write a script to do this since it isn't possible natively, but how would I get access to the multiple takemarkers if wildcards are only setup to handle one? How would you get that information?
Old 01-19-2023, 03:12 PM   #4
schwa
Administrator

There are reascript functions like GetTakeMarker(), then you'd have to manipulate the project metadata using GetSetProjectInfo_String("RENDER_METADATA"). Like I said it wouldn't be super easy.

But I think we'll add this natively for the next build
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:10 PM   #5
mattchill

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
There are reascript functions like GetTakeMarker(), then you'd have to manipulate the project metadata using GetSetProjectInfo_String("RENDER_METADATA"). Like I said it wouldn't be super easy.

But I think we'll add this natively for the next build

Okay, I may try this in the mean time. Thanks !