Old 01-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
John Ridgard
Human being with feelings

Default Unable to Install

Hello, I have bought a new iMac with OSX Lion 10.8.5 and attempted to install the latest version of Reaper 32bit and purchased a license

I have dropped the files in to the apps folder but when i try and open it it says 'Registry Error, please ensure Reaper is installed correctly.'

Does anyone have any idea what the problem maybe....I have seen somewhere about old plugins causing a problem...I migrated my Macbook pro which had Logic 9 on and lots of plugins...could they be causing the problem?

Thank you
John
John Ridgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
TimOBrien

"I have dropped the files in to the apps folder..."

What steps did you do exactly?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
John Ridgard

After downloading I dragged the Reaper logo into the Apps folder as instructed in the readme.txt file. Have I missed a step?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
John Ridgard

...I have just noticed that when the error shows it is trying to load TRacks....Tracks pluggins are on my system as I used to use them in Logic on my old macbook pro...i did full migrate to my new iMac so all the old pluggins will be on here... should I uninstall TRacks?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
John Ridgard

....SORTED!! I deleted all IK multimedia pluggins and Reaper has now loaded...now time to learn how to use it!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
TimOBrien

Glad you got it sorted.

BTW: I use Sampletank on both platforms with Reaper with no problems.
Don't know if tracks is a problem, you should contact IK.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
rdesanti

Default OSX Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ridgard View Post
Hello, I have bought a new iMac with OSX Lion 10.8.5 and attempted to install the latest version of Reaper 32bit and purchased a license

I have dropped the files in to the apps folder but when i try and open it it says 'Registry Error, please ensure Reaper is installed correctly.'

Does anyone have any idea what the problem maybe....I have seen somewhere about old plugins causing a problem...I migrated my Macbook pro which had Logic 9 on and lots of plugins...could they be causing the problem?

Thank you
John
I would download the latest 64 bit version and see how that run. I got both but usually use my 64 bit one.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote