Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

Default Themes &The Routing Matrix

Having the routing matrix follow the themes is a bad idea as you can see in the follwing graphic where none of the routing assignments can be seen because of the colors in the theme and or the choices in the options/prefs. The routing assignments indicators and the background boxes are both white.

Please design the routing matrix one color where everything can be seen and remove it from being affected by color themes or by the Windows colors.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
alex zonder

I guess it's easy enough to adjust the colors that affect the matrix in a theme you like / or choose another theme with good & clear matrix view / or create your own theme...

so no, having the routing matrix follow the themes is not a bad idea IMO, it only limits the freedom of a theme designer's expression
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Lawrence

I suppose. So what is the one theme color/item that corresponds to the item colors in the routing matrix boxes?

Maybe identify that in the color scheme listing so I know what else I'm affecting besides what's listed there? Not trying to limit anyone's creativity options.

I have an earlier theme that has a red line around the scrollbars that I have no idea how it got there. There is no color red in the theme. All I'm saying is that there should be options to remove -more- items from being affected by the theme.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
teej813

I'm with alex on this, lawrence. All Justin can do is program elements like the routing matrix to use colors specified in the theme. It's up to the theme creator to choose their colors carefully.

With a bit of experimentation, i've discovered that the routing matrix uses the Main Window Background for it's background (not surprising) and the Main Window Text color for it's text (again, not surprising).

If there's enough contrast in the main window for readability, the routing matrix should be ok too.

If there isn't enough contrast in the routing matrix, the problem more than likely exists in the main window as well.

EDIT: Wait a sec.. something's not right here. Your pic shows 3 colors (black, white, grey). On my system, i only see 2 colors (matching my theme).

hmmmmmmm.... ok, so i have no idea what i'm talking about. Do you see the problem on the default theme?

teej

Last edited by teej813; 03-17-2007 at 09:36 AM.
teej813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
Lawrence

Load the default theme from the list and look at the routing matrix. I can see text in the main screen but not "dots" in the matrix.

No big deal though as you can color around it. The "overrides windows colors" is turned off on that theme here though which is probably why it came to be invisible.

Silly nitpick.

Last edited by Lawrence; 03-17-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
teej813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
The "overrides windows colors" is turned off on that theme here though which is probably why it came to be invisible.
That may be the problem, bud. Default theme displays fine here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Silly nitpick.
haha.. at least you're in the right forum!

teej