Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-20-2022, 12:26 AM   #1
md_bassy
Human being with feelings

Default AmpliTube's plugin UI crashes Reaper

After upgrading from AmpliTube 5.5.2 to 5.5.3, each time I want to open the AmpliTube plugin in the FXs of a track, Reaper crashes. I am using the latest version of Reaper, namely 6.71, on Windows 10.

However, the standalone program of AmpliTube works fine, and also the sound processing of Reaper tracks which were configured before the upgrade. So I guess a bug was introduced in AmpliTube's user interface for the plugin.

This has already been reported in the forum of the AmpliTube's manufacturer: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum...hp?f=5&t=31408

Anyone else experiencing the same issue with reaper?
md_bassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:08 AM   #2
ivansc

Two other guys in the general forum have repeated the same thing & are in touch with IKMM to try & get it fixed.
"Lucky me" has Amplitube5CS and the latest Tonex installed & they all work just fine on my computer, so this is apparently not a general Reaper problem as such.
Old 12-20-2022, 01:58 AM   #3
md_bassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
"Lucky me" has Amplitube5CS and the latest Tonex installed & they all work just fine on my computer, so this is apparently not a general Reaper problem as such.
I got AmpliTube5 Max, maybe that is a relevant difference for this bug?
Old 12-25-2022, 01:22 PM   #4
md_bassy

Default Solved the problem by myself

I found a solution for my problem:

I analysed a crash of Reaper by looking up the corresponding entry in Window's Event Viewer (start > run > eventvwr.msc). There I saw that the crash was caused by version 5.5.1.0 of "AmpliTube 5.dll" (see attached screenshot); however, I just updated to version 5.5.3 of AmpliTube!

So I came to the assumption that different versions of AmpliTube's components were installed on my system. I don't know how this happened, but I uninstalled AmpliTube and re-installed it. During this re-installation I made sure that the chosen folder for "VST plugins" only contained vst plugins, and the folder for "VST3 plugins" only contained vst3 plugins.

After this re-installation I can open AmpliTube's user interface in Reaper without Reaper crashing.

By the way, in the meanwhile I upgraded to version 6.72 of Reaper.
Attached Images
File Type: png eventvwr.msc_ReaperCrash.png (84.8 KB, 131 views)