Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
0xRAIN
Human being with feelings

Default Tempo Marker not setting tempo correctly

This is really strange and I've never had this happen before, but when I change tempo/time signature to 7/4 and 160 BPM the global tempo is displayed as "159.995". I've tried setting it to various other tempos and time signatures but for some reason that above combination appears to be the only problem.

Obviously that small of a decimal difference isn't going to make any noticeable difference (I guess) and its possible its just a GUI bug and not a more serious issue. It just kind of annoys me.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be helpful.
0xRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
Fex

I'm able to get 7/4 160 BPM....

Did you use a time sig/tempo change marker?
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Works properly in Project Settings and with TS markers here, did you check the "gradual.." checkbox on a previous TS marker maybe? Then the main BPM display will show the current BPM at the play cursor position.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
0xRAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
Works properly in Project Settings and with TS markers here, did you check the "gradual.." checkbox on a previous TS marker maybe? Then the main BPM display will show the current BPM at the play cursor position.

Nope, I've done everything the same as I've done it before. In this particular project, the tempo changes from 4/4 175, to 7/4 160, back to 4/4 175, then 3/4 160, and finally 4/4 160. I posted this after I got to the 7/4 part of editing, but I noticed that it was doing it for ALL the 160 tempos once I got to the end, regardless of the time signature. The project setting was set for 175, but any 160 tempo results in it being "159.995".

Also, when I switch the project tempo to 160 4/4, it still displays 159.995.

Just to humor everyone involved, I went ahead and made a new project, and threw some random time/tempo changes around and everything worked fine. I'm not sure whats triggering this, but I guess for the time being I'll just move it to a new project. The programmer in me however is still curious as to whats causing this. Thanks for the replies.
0xRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Can you zip the .rpp project file (no media files needed) and attach it or upload it to a file hoster and post the link?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
gofer
-blänk-

Shot in the dark:

Project settings: "Force project time signatures to have beats on whole samples" sounds like it would need to do some tweaking of the bpm to the nearest fitting value if enabled.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote