Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #121
Banned
Human being with feelings

Additional FR re: Touch and Latch automation modes: some sort of setting to allow for round-trip latency of bi-directional OSC feedback.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #122
Banned

[FR] Some sort of algo to prevent duplicate values being sent out, for the benefit of minimizing bandwidth and maximizing edit-ability. I'm seeing quite a lot of them, e.g. when moving dummy JS plugin sliders. I'm currently using Pure data to eliminate them outside of REAPER (using [change]), but ideally we wouldn't have to do so ourselves.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #123
johnrule

Could we please have simple integration in the Reaper HTTP server? One way control would be fine...for now anyway. This would allow custom control from plain old HTML(5) and javascript, and no app required. It should also work from any browser/device.
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #124
EnkelMagnus

It would be quite slick to have a send maximum peak message every x samples for implementing external level meters.

EDIT: And oh yeah a getTrackColor would be great though i suspect i'd be the only person on the planet who'd use it.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=95762
EnkelMagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #125
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnkelMagnus View Post
It would be quite slick to have a send maximum peak message every x samples for implementing external level meters.
Note that for sending OSC messages every x samples, it would be useful to be able to set the update frequency in a different format, i.e. as a fraction of the audio buffer or the audio rate, as I suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnkelMagnus View Post
EDIT: And oh yeah a getTrackColor would be great though i suspect i'd be the only person on the planet who'd use it.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=95762
I'd use it. As any electrician can tell you, color coding is the bomb. It'd be great to quickly recognize tracks, track names only are so dull.

And if we'd have a multi-value message for HSL (besides RGB(A), of course), we can link easily LFOs to the H(ue) value to modulate track colors with trippy rainbow color cycling, and to the S(aturation) / L(ightness) values for pulsating 'glow' effects. Remotely waking up recording engineers by making their REAPER screens flash white could also be useful.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #126
Banned

Default A few more bugs and FRs

[bug]
Code:
FX_NAME /track/@/fx/@/name
FX_PARAM_NAME /track/@/fx/@/fxparam/@/name
is apparently not working for tracks other than the master track [EDIT: - for the master track, it only works for the effect in the 1st slot]. (Getting the track names does work fine, as in the line below)
Code:
TRACK_NAME /track/@/name
[bug] Conversely, for all
Code:
/track/@/
stuff in the default OSC config, nothing is output for track 0 (the master track). It is only output without a track number. E.g. for the line
Code:
TRACK_NAME /track/name /track/@/name
REAPER outputs only
Code:
/track/name MASTER
[bug] The line
Code:
FOCUSED_FX_PARAM_VALUE /focfx/fxparam/@/value
also does not seem to work. See also here (and my reply below).

[bug?/FR] If you change the order of effects in a track (e.g. swap fx slot 1 and 2), no updates are being sent via OSC for fx name, fx parameter names, fx parameter values (etc.?); one would expect something similar to happen as when changing the order of tracks.

[bug?] With the default OSC config,
Code:
ANY_SOLO /anysolo
is output after every (numbered) track. This seems duplicative.

[FR] Can we (optionally) disable logging all OSC traffic in the system log (OS X)? (I'm afraid my logs will grow to enormous sizes in no time otherwise ).

[FR] Is there a way to 'ping' REAPER to send specific OSC messages? Something like "please send all the values you have for /track/1"; the action: "Control --> surface: refresh all surfaces" seems overkill if you just want to get some specific data.

[bug?] Speaking of actions, I can't get
Code:
ACTION /action/@
to work... I'm neither seeing any /action output from REAPER, nor response when sending messages like
Code:
/action/41743
to trigger a control surface refresh (I have "Allow binding messages to REAPER actions" checked in the Control Surface Settings window, although as far as I understand, this is not required for OSC messages to trigger actions directly). Since Anton9 apparently had more success, this could be OS X specific - or me doing something wrong, of course.

Last edited by Banned; 02-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #127
Spyrow

+ OSC: support for targeting currently focused FX window

Thanks!!

I'm going to try it right now.
Spyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #128
Spyrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow View Post
+ OSC: support for targeting currently focused FX window

Thanks!!

I'm going to try it right now.
Oh, not working here

From Reaper to OSC, it works fine. From OSC to Reaper it doesn't.

When I switch between FX windows I get fx param names in the iPhone and when I move a parameter in Reaper I see it moving in the touchOSC.

But if I move a parameter in touchOSX it doesn't move in Reaper. In the listening window I can see this each time I move a fader:
/focfx/fxparam/3/value [f] 0.500000
so... it seems like it is receiving the messages correctly, but Reaper is not moving the parameters.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #129
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow View Post
Oh, not working here [...]
That is exactly what I reported above too, re: the line
Code:
Thanks for confirming.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #130
Spyrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
That is exactly what I reported above too, re: the line
Code:
Thanks for confirming.
Fine, thanks.

/focfx/bypass is not working either. When I change between FX it reports the correct value to the iPhone but then if you toggle the bypass it doesn't. From iPhone to Reaper doesn't work either.

Anyway, this looks promising
Way better than Automap.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #131
Banned

[bug]
Quote:
[...] Plugin parameters do not seem to respond when you send them the exact values 0 and 1. They do respond - funny enough - to negative values and values above 1 (try using shift as a modifier when click dragging values in Pd for 0.01 increments. Perhaps REAPER needs to see 0.0 and 1.0 instead of 0 and 1 or something. [...]
Found by recccp; screencap; workaround.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #132
nofish

Default FR: parameter feedback for generic Midi controllers

Sorry, I know it's not directly related to OSC but I figure it's still somehow connected as we now already have parameter feedback for OSC.

Could this be expanded to generic Midi controllers also please ?

I'm aware of the work 'Banned' is doing currently
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=97255
and that it's already possible via Pure data but to be honest I'd rather avoid having to run PD for this (as it's totally unknown to me) and I could imagine that it might be a bit 'over the top' for the average end user (including me).

Would be cool if the OSC-Midi conversion currently done with the help of PD could be done automatically 'behind the scene' by Reaper and the user just would be presented with a simple parameter feedback/transmit value checkbox while learning a parameter.

Thanks for consideration and sorry again for the slightly OT FR.

Last edited by nofish; 02-21-2012 at 12:15 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #133
Banned

Exactly.
Quote:
And hopefully we will also get similar support for plain old MIDI one day, so that we do not need silly workarounds such as this one anymore.
Pd should only be for the proverbial cherry on top. REAPER [insert cake joke].
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #134
Subz

"Yum Cake"
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #135
diversgens

Two possible bugs i found when trying to create a template for Lemur:
(monitoring msg send by reaper)
the pause button has no action programmed, and return no value,
the tempo value are send twice, one with the good value, one with normalized value.
Can someone confirm this.

with the last beta 416pre19, the TRACK_VOLUME value is not send anymore when starting a project so fader are not in the correct state (seems to be replace by TRACK_VOLUME_DB but not normalized) can someone explain how to use this ?
Thanks.

Last edited by diversgens; 02-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.
diversgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #136
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversgens View Post
the tempo value are send twice, one with the good value, one with normalized value.
I think what your seeing with the tempo is one value is a string type and the other is a float type..., this is normal.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #137
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
I think what your seeing with the tempo is one value is a string type and the other is a float type..., this is normal.
here is a screen capture, i set a tempo and click to select track and the value are send twice, i don't know why ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tempo.jpg (56.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #138
Banned

Quote:
here is a screen capture, i set a tempo and click to select track and the value are send twice, i don't know why ?
1st for click down, 2nd for release.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #139
Anton9

Default Request

I am so in love with the how versatile OSC is now for controlling FX parameters. For example you can send a message such as /dude/it/works and learn it to multiple parameters even across multiple tracks.

So now what I think would be a nice addition to the Learn dialog would be two boxes for setting the range of control min/max. Also a user should be able to enter 1.0 in the min box and 0.0 in max so that a parameter could move in the opposite direction. This would be useful if you have two parameters learned to the same message.

You guys are doing a great job with OSC support.., so thank you once again.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #140
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philait View Post
+ OSC: support for binding messages to FX learn
+ OSC: support for multiparameter messages
+ OSC multiparameter example: /track/1/fx/3/fxparam/1,4 (with 2 arguments) sets 2 FX parameters at once
# OSC: various fixes for controller feedback, preventing flooding, etc
[...]
Thanks for the additions and fixes!

With regard to flooding, I'm beginning to think it doesn't make much sense to expect messages corresponding to all effect parameter names and values at every refresh.

Schwa, could you please also explain a bit what messages are supposed to work bidirectionally, which are only supposed to be sent out, and which are only supposed to be received? Initially I thought that all messages in the config are supposed to work bidirectionally, but after thinking a bit more about it, I'm starting to have second thoughts. It would make more sense to e.g. send a track + slot number to REAPER, and then get the effect's name / parameters / values back.

Maybe it would be useful to make the direction of messaging user configurable, by means of flags or something similar? (e.g. -S: send only / -R: receive only / -B: bidirectional)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #141
mim

I made an usine patch to retrieve all selected track and send the parameters value I'm currently changing to those adresses, a kind of vca automation for selected track in reaper.
The problem is I need to have #NUMBER OF TRACKS set to 300 to be sure to have all tracks current selection state.
What if reaper send something like :

/TRACK/SELECTED/1/TRACKID 24
/TRACK/SELECTED/2/TRACKID 149
/TRACK/SELECTED/TOTAL/2

This way we could directly know the first selected track is track #24, and there is 2 track selected. And we can avoid to have a high number of tracks in the OSC Bank. The value of those adresses will change as it is now : on track selection change.

I'd also like to have the option to "stream" tracks as they are shown in the mixer. I mean reaper could tell something like :

/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/1/TRACKID 24
/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/2/TRACKID 46
/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/TOTAL/ 2

First track shown in MCP is track #24, Second track shown in MCP is track #46, 2 track shown.

We can have even better :
/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/@/TRACK/VOLUME
/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/@/TRACK/PAN
/MCP/SHOWNTRACK/@/FX/@/PARAMETER/@

I wonder if we could then OSC bank switch in the mixer ? I didn't dig the BANK thing.
This would stop the flood for me, as all tracks sent by reaper will be the 24 tracks I want (syncronised with my MCU and all displayed on my reaper mixer screen - which I'm also using for Usine).
Reaper OSC with Usine and multitouch is absolutely mind blowing. I'll show it soon..

Last edited by mim; 02-21-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: showntrack instead of track
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #142
diversgens

Quote:
1st for click down, 2nd for release.
but why are the value different ? my bpm value is always reset to one when i click on select next track, this is not supposed to work like this.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #143
Banned

In addition to my earlier FR re: control surface update frequency settings (quoted below), I'd like to request the possibility to also use fractional numbers for setting the update frequency, as well as for the "Wait between packets" setting in milliseconds in the control surface-specific settings window. E.g. update frequency = 0.5, wait between packets 12.5 ms. That would be useful at least for approximating values for matching to buffer size or musical tempo.

Quote:
[FR] I think it would make more sense to set the control surface update frequency per device rather than globally. [...]

Perhaps it would also make sense to link the update rate to a fraction of the project audio (sample) rate and/or audio buffer size (as configured in "Request block size" in Preferences > Audio > Device), e.g. for situations where OSC is linked to automation envelopes. [...]

For lower update frequencies, it may also be interesting to link update frequency to BPM and musical timebase, to achieve 'quantized' updates every 32th note, or every x MIDI ticks, perhaps coupled with an offset in samples/miliseconds to account for potential latency down the line.
Also, for the "Receive on port" setting, I'd like it to remember the port value when disabled (it currently resets to the default value of 8000 each time it is disabled).
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #144
Banned

Quote:
but why are the value different ? my bpm value is always reset to one when i click on select next track, this is not supposed to work like this.
I have no idea. Tbh, I haven't played with remote BPM control yet. I've learned (for good reasons, which I won't go into here) not to touch REAPER's tempo controls while playing, I basically consider REAPERs tempo controls to be too broken to use. I set the tempo once per project, and don't touch it anymore.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #145
earlabs

Daddy, my Reaper won't listen to my iPad. Even after installing the latest rc.... *lower lip trembling* I am SURE I got all the Host settings right but when I click 'listen' there's no response.....
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #146
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
Daddy, my Reaper won't listen to my iPad. Even after installing the latest rc.... *lower lip trembling* I am SURE I got all the Host settings right but when I click 'listen' there's no response.....
your OSC port is probably not setup correctly in the app on ipad. What are you using ?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 AM   #147
Banned

Quote:
I think we need more details in order to help. For example, what app are you using on the iPad, what OS are you using, how is your network configured (switch/router, firewall), etc.

At this point, it seems unlikely to be a problem with REAPER, as many of us report success, at least partially (e.g. the basic functions of TouchOSC with LogicTouch templates work fine here using pre19; note that it's not at RC status yet).
Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #148
earlabs

Quote:
I think we need more details in order to help. For example, what app are you using on the iPad, what OS are you using, how is your network configured (switch/router, firewall), etc.

At this point, it seems unlikely to be a problem with REAPER, as many of us report success, at least partially (e.g. the basic functions of TouchOSC with LogicTouch templates work fine here using pre19; note that it's not at RC status yet).
I am using TouchOsc and standard port config (8000 , 9000). I use win7 and afaik there are no limitations. should I be able to check this? Eg by checking if the ipad is in the network device list? I'll check later because on the road now.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #149
earlabs

UPDATE: tried 2 computers. On both occasions 'listen' yields nothing. In the case of the 2nd computer: it didn't even recognize its own ip?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #150
diversgens

Quote:
UPDATE: tried 2 computers. On both occasions 'listen' yields nothing. In the case of the 2nd computer: it didn't even recognize its own ip?
Check if UDP port is open Reaper, doesn't use TCP.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #151
Banned

Can you use another thread for networking issues? This does not seem to be a REAPER OSC bug / FR, you're double-posting here. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #152
Subz

LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND is only working one way here?

if i adjust sends in reaper touchosc updates if i move the sends on touchosc nothing happens in reaper,

&

LAST_TOUCHED_FX seems to do nothing here?

i know the connection is good as all works on the standard touchosc preset so i guess there is 1) a bug in some of the LAST_TOUCHED or 2) i am not setting it up right?

here is my code

Code:
# OSC pattern config file.
# See comments in Default.ReaperOSC.

NUM_TRACKS 1
NUM_SENDS 4 
NUM_FX 8 
NUM_FX_PARAMS 4

ACTION

REWIND /1/rewind
FORWARD /1/forward
REWIND_FORWARD_BYMARKER /1/bymarker
REWIND_FORWARD_SETLOOP /1/bycycle

SCROLL_X- 
SCROLL_X+ 
SCROLL_Y- 
SCROLL_Y+ 
ZOOM_X- 
ZOOM_X+ 
ZOOM_Y- 
ZOOM_Y+ 

TRACK_EDIT
TRACK_EDIT_TOGGLE
PREV_TRACK /1/track-
NEXT_TRACK /1/track+

TRACK_BANK_EDIT
PREV_TRACK_BANK
NEXT_TRACK_BANK

FX_EDIT
FX_EDIT_TOGGLE
PREV_FX /2/slot-
NEXT_FX /2/slot+

FX_PARAM_BANK_EDIT
PREV_FX_PARAM_BANK /2/page- /4/page-
NEXT_FX_PARAM_BANK /2/page+ /4/page+

METRONOME /1/click
REPLACE /1/replace
REPEAT /1/cycle

RECORD /1/record
STOP /1/stop
PLAY /1/play
PAUSE

ANY_SOLO 
SOLO_RESET 
AUTO_REC_ARM 

TIME_STRING
BEAT_STRING

PLAY_RATE
PLAY_RATE_RAW
PLAY_RATE_STRING

TEMPO
TEMPO_RAW
TEMPO_STRING

MASTER_VOLUME
MASTER_VOLUME_STRING
MASTER_PAN 
MASTER_PAN_STRING

MASTER_SEND_NAME
MASTER_SEND_VOLUME
MASTER_SEND_VOLUME_STRING
MASTER_SEND_PAN

TRACK_NAME
TRACK_NUMBER
TRACK_VOLUME
TRACK_VOLUME_DB
TRACK_VOLUME_STRING
TRACK_PAN
TRACK_PAN_STRING
TRACK_MUTE
TRACK_MUTE_TOGGLE
TRACK_SOLO
TRACK_SOLO_TOGGLE
TRACK_REC_ARM
TRACK_REC_ARM_TOGGLE
TRACK_INPUT_MONITOR
TRACK_SELECT
TRACK_SELECT_TOGGLE

TRACK_AUTO_TRIM
TRACK_AUTO_READ
TRACK_AUTO_LATCH
TRACK_AUTO_TOUCH
TRACK_AUTO_WRITE

LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_NAME /1/trackname
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_NUMBER
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_VOLUME /1/volume
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_VOLUME_DB
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_VOLUME_STRING
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_PAN /1/pan
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_PAN_STRING
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_MUTE /1/mute
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_MUTE_TOGGLE
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SOLO /1/solo
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SOLO_TOGGLE
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_REC_ARM /1/recenable
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_REC_ARM_TOGGLE
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_INPUT_MONITOR /1/input

LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_AUTO_TRIM /1/atmoff
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_AUTO_READ /1/atmread 
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_AUTO_LATCH /1/atmlatch
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_AUTO_TOUCH /1/atmtouch
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_AUTO_WRITE

LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND_NAME /2/sendname@
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND_VOLUME /2/sendlevel/@ 
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND_VOLUME_STRING /2/sendval@
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND_PAN 
LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK_SEND_PAN_STRING 

TRACK_SEND_NAME
TRACK_SEND_VOLUME
TRACK_SEND_VOLUME_STRING
TRACK_SEND_PAN

FX_NAME
FX_NUMBER
FX_BYPASS
FX_BYPASS_TOGGLE
FX_PARAM_PAGE_NUMBER
FX_PARAM_NAME
FX_PARAM_VALUE
FX_PARAM_VALUE_STRING

LAST_TOUCHED_FX_NAME /2/plugname 
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_NUMBER /2/slot#  
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_BYPASS
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_BYPASS_TOGGLE /2/insertbypass/1/@ 
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM_NAME /2/parname@ 
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM_VALUE /2/fxpar@ 
LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM_VALUE_STRING /2/parval@ 

FOCUSED_FX_NAME /4/plugname 
FOCUSED_FX_NUMBER /4/slot# 
FOCUSED_FX_BYPASS 
FOCUSED_FX_BYPASS_TOGGLE /4/insertbypass/1/@ 
FOCUSED_FX_PARAM_PAGE_NUMBER
FOCUSED_FX_PARAM_NAME /4/parname@ 
FOCUSED_FX_PARAM_VALUE /4/fader@
FOCUSED_FX_PARAM_VALUE_STRING /4/parval@ 
#FOCUSED_PREV_FX_PARAM_BANK /4/page-
#FOCUSED_NEXT_FX_PARAM_BANK /4/page+
i also need a way to make PREV_TRACK/NEXT_TRACK make the track it selects become LAST_TOUCHED in order to make my dream touchosc controller & share with the world

PS, i only started playing with OSC stuff when the OSC Pre came out so i'm trying to be smart but not sure of the logic, (yet)

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #153
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
I'd also like to have the option to "stream" tracks as they are shown in the mixer.
Currently, each OSC device has a small amount of state. The state determines what track, FX, FX parameter, and track send feedback is sent to the device, and what the target is for messages sent from the device when the message itself does not specify a target. For example, /track/4/volume will always target track 4, but track/volume will target whatever the device thinks is the currently active track.

The state consists of:

A currently active track, defaults to the master track, and does not necessarily follow the track selection in REAPER. The device changes the active track with TRACK_EDIT, PREV_TRACK, NEXT_TRACK.

A currently active track bank, defaults to tracks 1-8. The config file sets the bank size with NUM_TRACKS, and the device changes the bank with TRACK_BANK_EDIT, PREV_TRACK_BANK, NEXT_TRACK_BANK.

A currently active track FX, defaults to the first FX in the chain. The device changes the active FX with FX_EDIT, PREV_FX, NEXT_FX.

There is no sense of the currently active FX bank. NUM_FX in the config file is used only as a way to limit the amount of feedback REAPER sends.

A currently active FX parameter bank, defaults to parameters 1-16. The config file sets the bank size with NUM_FX_PARAMS, and the device changes the bank with FX_PARAM_BANK_EDIT, PREV_FX_PARAM_BANK, NEXT_FX_PARAM_BANK.

There is no sense of the currently active FX parameter. A message like /fxparam/3 will target the 3rd parameter of the active FX, but a message like /fxparam will not target anything.

There is no sense of a currently active track send, or currently active track send bank. NUM_SENDS in the config file is used only as a way to limit the amount of feedback REAPER sends.

That is the total state for an OSC device. There are also messages to target LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK, LAST_TOUCHED_FX, LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM, and FOCUSED_FX, but these do not change the device state. In other words, if the device has track 3 as the currently active track, and the user touches track 7 in the REAPER window, the device can send and receive messages targeting the last touched track (track 7), but messages targeting the currently active track will still target track 3.

The current OSC device state is designed with traditional control surfaces in mind. Although we can increase the amount of state by adding more complex concepts, we need to be sure that we don't do anything that would make traditional control surfaces harder to use. For example, if a control surface can show a bank of 8 tracks, REAPER always needs to send feedback messages for all 8 tracks when the track order changes, even if there are fewer than 8 tracks in the project.

However, we could add configuration settings so that, for example, track order mirrors the mixer rather than the TCP. We could add a setting so that the current track bank always mirrors the mixer display, so scrolling the mixer changes the device track bank, and messages from the device to change the track bank will cause the mixer to scroll.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #154
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Can you be a little more specific about this bug report please? Exactly what is happening, and what you expect to happen?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #155
Banned

Thanks for the detailed explanation, schwa.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #156
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Can you be a little more specific about this bug report please? Exactly what is happening, and what you expect to happen?
If you look at the capture file i attach you can see there is that Reaper send the tempo value two times. One with the correct value and after that a normalized one (post #137).
More info: bottom of the picture the is twice /valtempo/content (149.13-> correct, then 1 that reinitialize the value)
here is my ReaperOsc file.
Attached Files
File Type: reaperosc Lemur.ReaperOsc (1.8 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by diversgens; 02-22-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #157
diversgens

Did you plan to restore the way the track volume value was send before the last pre. And will there be specific action for pause, actually it send only play,stop and record states.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #158
earlabs

Quote:
Can you use another thread for networking issues? This does not seem to be a REAPER OSC bug / FR, you're double-posting here. Thanks.
I'll look for a different thread or start one.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #159
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Did you plan to restore the way the track volume value was send before the last pre.
What is the issue with the track volume value?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #160
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
There are also messages to target LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK, LAST_TOUCHED_FX, LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM, and FOCUSED_FX, but these do not change the device state. In other words, if the device has track 3 as the currently active track, and the user touches track 7 in the REAPER window, the device can send and receive messages targeting the last touched track (track 7), but messages targeting the currently active track will still target track 3.
We're now wondering if this is unnecessarily complicated. Perhaps instead of separate messages for LAST_TOUCHED_TRACK, LAST_TOUCHED_FX, FOCUSED_FX, there should just be config file settings like TRACK_FOLLOWS_LAST_TOUCHED, FX_FOLLOWS_LAST_TOUCHED, FX_FOLLOWS_FOCUS. If you enabled TRACK_FOLLOWS_LAST_TOUCHED, then touching a track in the REAPER UI would cause the device's currently active track to change.