Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
sharke
Human being with feelings

Default NI's Enhanced EQ blocking MIDI input to VST?

OK so I'm somewhat of a Reaper beginner having just come from Sonar, so forgive me if this sounds stupid and/or weird!

I'm trying to route a track's MIDI to an instance of iZotope's Stutter Edit on another track. And I've managed to do that via a MIDI send, but what I've found is that if I have an instance of Native Instrument's Enhanced EQ anywhere before Stutter Edit in that track's FX chain, Stutter Edit does not get the MIDI. I have 7 VST's in the FX chain, and with Enhanced EQ disabled, I can put Stutter Edit anywhere in the chain and it gets the MIDI. As soon as Enhanced EQ goes before Stutter Edit, the MIDI is blocked. If Enhanced EQ is placed anywhere after Stutter Edit, then Stutter Edit receives the MIDI.

I've tried selecting "MIDI Input Disabled" in Enhanced EQ's I/O, but that does nothing. I can't work out what is different about this plugin that it would block the MIDI like that. What could it be? Have I happened upon a strange incompatibility between Enhanced EQ and Reaper?
sharke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharke View Post
I've tried selecting "MIDI Input Disabled" in Enhanced EQ's I/O, but that does nothing.
Select MIDI Output Disabled (Merges with MIDI bus would work too). The default is "Replaces MIDI bus". Enhanced EQ doesn't output any MIDI so your data is replaced with nothing.

cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
ericzang

Did you try this?

ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #4
sharke

Ah thanks guys I didn't think that I'd need to set anything for the MIDI output of the VST.
sharke is offline   Reply With Quote