Old 04-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #81
hamish
Human being with feelings

Take it to your friendly local 'little guy' computer fix-it man (if he still exists over there in I da' ho).

They will put the OS back on with the right drivers for less than the price of a snot-nosed, self-serving, pee-pants little new entry level laptop.

Ask for a lean OS with no McAffe virus scam or any of the other resource draining bloat.
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #82
flickervetigo

one other thing i should mention...

I used to use windows defender to scan the computer pretty often... that quit working but again I thought, "well, so what? ...system restore works good"

then when system restore quit, I was boxed in

I started using the internet a couple days after 9/11... after NPR seened to have caved in... using the internet to try to figure out what happened

wound up in yahoo chat rooms, mainly "Washington watch", which was a really rough crowd... they'd runn kiddie scripts on you that would take you down to a black screen... which was okay, because I had a system disk

but it's just getting uglier, it seems to me...

none of this matters to you loyal servants of the empire

and you'll no doubt go to heaven, get your wings and you wont need to borrow my pickup anymore

Last edited by flickervetigo; 04-16-2015 at 10:29 PM.
flickervetigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #83
Jorgen

I stopped by Izzy Young at Folklore Center, played him Left Behind Blues. He said: "Yeah, that's a good song... Not many sing anti-war songs these days..." He told me about the 1970's in Stockholm... he knew a lot of people then... all gone now. I gave him a pretty inspired rendition, nice and easy... and actually talked him into borrowing me a book - he has a great collection... guess you made your debut overseas.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #84
flickervetigo

i dont know how much they customize youtube for each user... they know who you are, or could know who you are if they wanted to, by your computer ID number... without you loging on to youtube...

there's a couple new music videos, one by rhianna, one by david hassselhoff, in the music "latest music videos" section... posted side-by-side, at least on the youtube feed for my computer...

i could go to the library and see if thy're getting the same feed, but that would be pointless, i guess, seeing as how i have to log in with my library card to use their computeres...

my library card ID number has 15 digits... enough to assign every human on earth tieir own ID mumber, with nough digits left over to assign ID numbers to people on undiscoved planets... good deal

so going to the library to check youtube feeds is not much use, really, because you might get the same feed there as you do at home...

and why the public library in a hillbilly town needs to ID everybody on earth... well, that's a mystery

here's rhianna... lots of nipples trying tocompensate, i supppose, for a mediocre song that's about aminute and a hal too long..."american oxygen"...

and hasselhoff.. "true survivor"... a truly dumb song and even dumber video

so rhianna, who cultivates a thuggish image, saying, "we are the new amierica", juxtaposed with hasslehoff, who apparently attempts to travel in time to go back and kill hitler, but there seems to have been a major malfunction and he winds up back with the diaosaurs... while simultaneously wipind out hordes of thugs..

interesting

Last edited by flickervetigo; 04-18-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #85
msundh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickervetigo View Post

and hasselhof.. "ture survivor"... a truly dumbe song and even dumber video

Now you're on thin ice. This is CULT!!!!!!!
And..... the Movie is Swedish
Old 04-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #86
flickervetigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
Now you're on thin ice. This is CULT!!!!!!!
And..... the Movie is Swedish
lol

thank goodness I'm culturally deprived
Old 04-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #87
flickervetigo

if the imperial spy agencies are so powerfu, so all-seeing and all-knowing, the question becomes, "how come they cant stop the virus servers?"

what if the virus servers are part of the project? ...what if the viruses are part of the project's efforts to turn the internet into a cesspool?

why would the empire want to turn the internet into a cesspool?

is there so much truth on the internet --scarce though it may be-- that the internet has to be discredited?

Last edited by flickervetigo; 04-19-2015 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #88
flickervetigo

well, you've got to do something... if the internet gets too cheesy, I guess you can watch television

that's about all they did, television

we're walking through the hospital parking lot an she says, " hope he dies"

he lived for 89 years, so it's unlikely she killed him

she believed it all, he didn't believe any of it, but television was about all there was to do... once you get too feeble to work

and whatever she said, she helped keep him alive for 89 years
Old 04-19-2015, 06:10 AM   #89
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickervetigo View Post
if the imperial spy agencies are so powerfu, so all-seeing and all-knowing, the question becomes, "how come they cant stop the virus servers?"
It must be the human factor... Over here, our security cops were open for hackers I don't know for how long... missed a simple update everybody in the business knew about... lazy ass. Same thing with the cops tip mail... anybody, apparently, could hack into those... tell me they're not trained this way. Just a bad apple here and there, naturally... they make public fools of themselves... nobody asked them to do THAT... but some have a knack for it.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:22 AM   #90
flickervetigo

Jorgen, bless his gullible heart, votes for the "incompetence" theory....

which is the same theory used to explain 9/11
Old 04-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #91
flickervetigo

Jorgen, bless his gullible heart, has a real problem with 9/11

because those people said they needed a new pearl harbor just before they got powerful enough to make their new pearl harbor happen

Old 04-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #92
Jorgen

Don't get me started on 9/11. I got nothing.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #93
flickervetigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
... I got nothing.
that's why we got to waterboard you... how it works, is....

first, we waterboard lyou a little to get your attention

then we continue waterboarding you as we feed you the story you're supposed to confess

if you refuse to confes the story we want, we continue waterboarding yu until you see the light

i think the current record is 183 rides on the waterboard... something like that
Old 04-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #94
Jorgen

Didn't I know it all the time... I was tested... flunked the thing... became an assassin on my free time... I could do more... but nobody's asking... one day - payback time. Actually... I'm preparing... this place is a war zone... the cops over here are psychopathic women... you do NOT call the cops... ever. Uuhm... what was the subject...?

And if you doubt my word - I can back it up...! Let it be known - Sweden is a police state. At war against... well... folks who are too drunk or too high or too noisy... Cops hate us. Suckers... because... we hate them back even more - losers... country boys... scared shitless in the "big" city... and us poor citizens are treated as criminals, until we can proof we're not. Fascists. I'm a country boy myself - can't believe the idiocy in the force... They shit their pants if you address them and tell them you're a user. It's like they can't sleep at night, the narks... asses and clowns, I say. Embarrassing.