Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
mjfe2
Human being with feelings

Default [5.963/64]White noise generated after replacing audio in secondary editor

Weird bug that's just happened after I create a new take and open it in our secondary editor (Melodyne). Having made the changes I then 'replace audio' and return to Reaper to hear it in context.

After pressing play the item plays as full-scale noise even though the wave form looks normal, whilst the other items before and after are unaffected. Minimising Reaper seems to fix it.

I use a custom action for opening the new take in Melodyne, which saves a step, but otherwise don't do anything unusual. It didn't do this on the previous version of Reaper, or in iZotope RX which is our primary editor.

Any ideas?
Old 12-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
mjfe2
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfe2 View Post
Weird bug that's just happened after I create a new take and open it in our secondary editor (Melodyne). Having made the changes I then 'replace audio' and return to Reaper to hear it in context.

After pressing play the item plays as full-scale noise even though the wave form looks normal, whilst the other items before and after are unaffected. Minimising Reaper seems to fix it.

I use a custom action for opening the new take in Melodyne, which saves a step, but otherwise don't do anything unusual. It didn't do this on the previous version of Reaper, or in iZotope RX which is our primary editor.

Any ideas?
This bug just repeated itself at a much louder volume

This time I wasn't using a secondary editor and simply split some items then stretched one side so it overlapped with the other side.

When the play cursor reached the right hand items, they played back as full-scale white noise.

Reopening the project solved it, and as before the peaks didn't change shape from what they should have sounded like...