Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
billybk1
Human being with feelings

Default My first all REAPER project

I have been basically "testing" out REAPER off & on since last MARCH and basically following it's development. I have been impressed and amazed with the many improvements over the past 8 months. But had not really committed to really finishing (begining to end) anything with it until recently. For this project I wanted to create something from the ground up, start to finish, using a variety of sources to see how REAPER held up.
I used a combination of the EZdrumer VSTi in multi-out mode (8 tracks), acidized bass, percussion & FX loops & recorded guitar tracks. In all about 20 tracks & buses. I also made extensive & exlusive use of my (2) UAD-1 cards. I managed to max out my DSP (96%-12 plugins). I did all the recording, mixing & rendering this past week using just REAPER, as my host app. I imported the
final stereo render into Sound Forge and created the .wma & .mp3 files:

The tune is an instrumental called "Playground":

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=1755&T=9124

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Timothy Lawler

Nice groove to it. The bass gtr draws my attention and I always like that in a tune.
Timothy Lawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #3
billybk1

Thanks, for the comments Tim. I actually started creating that song using just EZdrummer and a particular drum groove that I found pleasing, at the time. Then I previewed various bass loops, from my extensive acid loop libraries, until I found something that worked well together and then it kinda took a life of it's own.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote