Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
carbomb1990
Human being with feelings

Default Automation behaviour Help me!

How do I put two automaton points on the same beat and chose which one affects the automation before and after the beat? Been using reaper for years and I'm not sure if it's a setting that got changed but it's driving me nuts.

Basically I have an automation point on a beat and then I put another one on the beat after, click and drag it to the same beat as the fist only at a different level ,so it changes the automation instantly. Then it starts affecting the automation before the original beat so I delete it and try from the other side and it does the same thing so I can't have a change on that beat that affects the level after the original point.
Help me!

Edit:
Now I'm playing around with some points that are already in place on the same beat and as soon as I move the top one (which is affecting the automation before it) it switches to affecting the stuff after.
Just noticed when I double click the time bar at the top during playback it doesn't select the whole project like it used to.
Things seem to be a mess.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x7d9t2bv2...10%29.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hffj3q2nkq...11%29.png?dl=0

Last edited by carbomb1990; 12-09-2018 at 08:03 AM.
carbomb1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
Philbo King
Human being with feelings

Try setting your latency lower by reducing the buffers number in your interface.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

Not sure I fully understand what you want to do, but I don't think I have ever put a point on a beat; I put points before and after a beat. Seems to me that putting a point on a beat would confuse me and perhaps the program: where does the automation kick in - before the beat or after? I'm way to Asperger to have to deal with these unnecessary confusions. Nahhh, a clear cut before and/or after a beat gets me the results I expect. LOL
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote