Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #1481
Tim Ragnur
Human being with feelings

You have to right click on the Reaper app in Finder and choose "show contents package blabla ..."
There isn't any folder called UserPlugins as described in the install instructions, so I just put it in Plugins which also works.
Tim Ragnur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #1482
Sound asleep

maybe this already exists and i couldn't find it, but for me, it would be cool to have an action that selects the track(s) that are record armed. that way, say you have a controller of sorts, and you somehow selected some other track, you can always just move a fader that is mapped to adjust selected track volume, and first it will make sure you are controlling the instrument(s) that you are playing only.

and also i'm sure it could have many other uses as well.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #1483
Sexan

Default Layers (Pro Tools / Studio One) ?

Is it possible to emulate this function with sws? Select all media items in the track , save them to one slot , remove all items in track , record another take save it to another slot, recall first slot ... ?
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #1484
semiquaver

Find the REAPER plugins folder on osx here:

~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/User Plugins
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #1485
Jeffos
Mortal

EDIT: this post and the 2 next ones (Banned, Gwok) come from here. They have been moved with their autors' agreement not to derail that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
Is there some reason you are not using SWS Extensions? [...]
Yes: their action IDs are not reliable [...] it's a third party hack.
OK, Banned I'm sorry but I'm fed up with this now.

Please stop these unilateral assertions/statements.. as if it was true, as if the sws extension was just a pile of bullshit.
I dare that posting this over and over (w/o any contradictor, curiously) will get people confused.

What you say is false and you probably know it already. If not:

1) OSC

a) SWS actions DO HAVE reliable IDs. They are called "Custom IDs" (strings). The fact that you cannot yet trigger those string IDs with OSC but only the numerical ones is a distinct "issue" (FR), you are confusing things here.
b) This idea of "static numerical IDs" plain sucks (for many reasons + the current dynamic allocation of IDs enables some other magic.. you would be the 1st one to regret it, trust me). Also and again, there ARE "static IDs" for extensions/macros.
c) Not mentioned in this thread but let me also reply to this other false statement: SWS actions DO provide OSC feedback (easy for us: it is part of REAPER's job), ex: in both cases, if you move a fader manually or with a SWS action the same OSC feedback is/should be sent. If not, then it is a native bug that worth being reported.

2) The SWS/S&M extension is not a pile of bullshit, neither it is a “hack”

Firstly and generally speaking, an extension is not a "hack". REAPER itself is completed with extensions (MIDI editor, Media explorer, ...).
Then, the main maintainers of the extension are not hobbyist programmers but professional software engineers doing this as a hobby which is not the same thing. At all. There are a few challenging stuff in there if you ask me.. but we know the difference between "challenging" and "risky".
Also, we only use safe programming technics, we test things seriously, we are committed to fix/support users, we take care of all sorts of corner/stressed cases, etc..

Last but not least, something which is free (as in beer) does not necessarily suck.. Humm.. But wait! May be we should go payware!?
.. this way 1) you would probably estimate the extension to its real value? 2) you would have a good reason to rant (assuming that reason is true)?

Banned, what I am saying here is not an opinion but facts. Consider this as a reply for all those weirdos posts you did about the extension. I can understand your frustration about your own FRs but if you need a culprit, please point out the right one. In no way the "arguments" you're using should prevent people using the SWS extension. In 3 words: please be fair.

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-29-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: posts moved
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1486
Banned

Jeffos, I have no idea why you think my statements are "unilateral" or "unfair", or why you call my posts about the SWS extension "weirdo". Those are not facts but your opinion.

Perhaps I was not accurate enough and should have been even more explicit, but as you obviously know, I've described the issues I was referring to in detail elsewhere already. So forgive me if I didn't describe and qualify them extensively enough. Yes, it's about the ID *numbers*, and yes, the issue arises when using OSC. An yes, I agree that statical numerical IDs suck. But that's all that REAPER currently gives us when using OSC. I'm not frustrated about that (whatever your opinion about that may be), but don't blame me for pointing out that the issue exists, because it does (as a matter of fact, not opinion). I am not implying anywhere that it is your fault, am I? (The same goes for the fact that there is no feedback for actions, native or otherwise, when using OSC. Please show me where I made any "false statement" about that? I'm not aware of any. Afaik, I have discussed and indeed reported it as a *native* bug/FR.)

Perhaps I should also have been more explicit in mentioning that one reason for me not to use the SWS extension for a specific type of workflow does not imply in any way that I do not have many good reasons to use it myself, or that I would suggest that anyone else should not use it. But that seems a matter of common sense.

The important part of my point is not about whether it's a hack or an extension, but that it is made by a third party. You don't have to explain the merits of free software or indie development to make your point, I'm well aware of them. In my vocabulary (and that of most developers I know), 'hacking' is not a derogatory term at all, quite the contrary - but I can't presume that as a fact, so I'm truly sorry if that choice of words offended you.

Perhaps more importantly, if I would really think it is a "a pile of bullshit", I would not argue to port (some of) its functionality to REAPER. Apparently you completely misunderstood my opinion about the SWS extension.

As far as I can see, the *fact* remains that certain issues arise as a side-effect from being an extension, whatever the exact details. In my *opinion* that deserves to be mentioned in the context of a discussion about polishing stuff in REAPER that has been neglected. I seriously don't understand why you are acting so defensive about that. I bet one of the main motivations for making the SWS extension was the same desire to improve REAPER that is motivating this thread. It also seems to me that having features of your extension ported over to native REAPER features would perhaps even be the ultimate recognition for your efforts. Would you disagree on that? On the other hand, if there are good arguments for keeping tried-and-tested features located in an extension, as opposed to native REAPER features, I'd welcome hearing about them as well.

Last edited by Banned; 08-28-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #1487
Jeffos
Mortal

I moved the 3 posts above.

Banned, what really bothered me in those (repetitive) posts is that the more it has gone, the less you qualified your prob and that ended up like "sws action IDs are not reliable, it's a 3rd party hack". Wow!
That bothers me because it is false (see my previous post) but the worse thing is that it might get people confused as we are now very close to "sws in an unreliable hack". Isn't it?
Of course, no, you did not say that AT ALL but I am pretty sure this is how new comers, people browsing quickly, etc.. will read it. At least, this is how I would have read it as a new comer (i.e. if I had no idea of what those "IDs" and other mad professor stuff were about).
^^ methinks it is important, especially when such statements come from trustable/advanced/knowledgeable users. I would really appreciate if you could be careful with that from now on.

other little answers..
Quote:
Those are not facts but your opinion.
The "facts" I was referring to were: 1a. SWS actions do have reliable static IDs (strings) - 1b. Dynamic IDs (numbers) are useful - 1c. SWS do provide OSC feedback - 2. The SWS extension is not a hack.
Of course, the rest is a mix of ramble, rant, average-English-speaking and opinions of mine, I agree.
Quote:
Perhaps I was not accurate enough and should have been even more explicit
That's it!
Quote:
The same goes for the fact that there is no feedback for actions, native or otherwise, when using OSC. Please show me where I made any "false statement" about that? I'm not aware of any.
Good point, can't prove anything indeed! I was sure of that but I did a forum/google search and miserably failed (can't spend more time in searching... the least we can say is that you are talkative when the keywords "osc" "feedback" etc. popup haha!) => sorry about that, I take it back.
Quote:
In my vocabulary (and that of most developers I know), 'hacking' is not a derogatory term at all, quite the contrary
You are kidding, right? Aww.. come one Banned.. You DO know what a "hack" means!
.. or may be it is those same awesome devs (you know.. those who are 13 or 17 years old) who told you that ?
Quote:
As far as I can see, the *fact* remains that certain issues arise as a side-effect from being an extension, whatever the exact details.
Of course, I see what you mean here but I disagree. Again, your problem is not due to the SWS extension or the nature of it, it is an issue you can face elsewhere in REAPER (ex: same issue with macros), in a specific context (OSC) and it is temporary (well.. hopefully the devs will address this issue).
For the rest, I understand your probs, I can see you walking (almost) alone in the middle of the OSC minefield. I'm sorry to let you down in there but my selfish concern ATM is what has been said about the extension (but I'll be soon an OSC user though).
Quote:
I bet one of the main motivations for making the SWS extension was the same desire to improve REAPER that is motivating this thread. It also seems to me that having features of your extension ported over to native REAPER features would perhaps even be the ultimate recognition for your efforts. Would you disagree on that? On the other hand, if there are good arguments for keeping tried-and-tested features located in an extension, as opposed to native REAPER features, I'd welcome hearing about them as well.
About your motivations: sure, I have no doubt it is all about improving REAPER + I am also sure Cockos' motivation is to make the best possible product = a story which is bound to an happy ending

My coding motivation: it is just to do some stuff I need. Another important motivation is "the fun". Some people like video games, I like coding, it's a bit like a "brain game". It is very important to have fun: in the long term, the biggest threat when it comes to software is that it gets abandoned.

About SWS stuff becoming native: we have already contributed a few code lines for REAPER (well, more exactly in the WDL lib). I am not after that personally. I am not even sure I would like that... It depends on the features we are talking about.. That would be ok with the SWS licensing but globally, I want to keep the hand on the code: I have plans in mind (what looks like a "half backed" feature might be a temp state for a larger plan getting closer builds after builds, improved with users' ideas, etc..).
Quote:
I seriously don't understand why you are acting so defensive about that.
It's because I tend to behave like a dick from time to time I was fed up (see my first point above), my goal was to just write a punchy post to stop these things.
I am quite sure you got the message but I find it more "aggressive" than "punchy" when I re-read it and I regret that. My apologies about that, Banned.

____

One very last thing and want to add:

All this stuff is personnal and do not imply any other project member.
And yeah.. I also wanted to say the extension does not suck, that is not a "hack" but on the other hand, I do not pretend the extension totally rocks or things like that either..
Yes, some parts of it could be improved and/or are left behind REAPER's new capabilities/options (mainly due to original authors leaving the project). Yes, it has bugs too like any piece of software (and whatever are the devs skills.. even schwa managed to put a bug in a JS that does nothing and that was made of a single line of code! hahaha!) BUT you can count on us to fix them!

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-29-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: moved posts + punch-ins + mutes
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #1488
Jeffos
Mortal

Sexan, I don't know what you mean with Pro Tools/Studio One "layers"..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Is it possible to emulate this function with sws? Select all media items in the track , save them to one slot , remove all items in track , record another take save it to another slot, recall first slot ... ?
.. but what you desscribe here is possible with the Resources window:

I use this for comping here. 1 click to save items ("auto-save" button), 1 dbl-click to restore others (dbl-click on slot numbers in the list view), there are related "auto-save" and slot actions too.
Check out the enabled options in the anim ("Tack templates" + "Replace items of sel tracks"), also make sure the option "Save items in templates" is enabled (right-click on the save button for options) and that should do it.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #1489
XITE-1/4LIVE

Nice.....I go on vacation and see I have something nice to come back to.
Thanks.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #1490
Sexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Sexan, I don't know what you mean with Pro Tools/Studio One "layers"..
Track Layers , more tracks within one.
Thank you
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #1491
XITE-1/4LIVE

Wells thanks for the latest update.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #1492
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Track Layers , more tracks within one.
Thank you
You could try "Free Item Positioning Mode" ("Track -> Enable free item positioning") or "Options -> Show overlapping media items in lanes".

-Data
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #1493
hopi

a request please:

can we have some actions that will insert track from favorite template[s]

I guess we need a few by number or to be able to change the .ini to a given number of these actions...

I could detail why this is important to me if ya want, but it's a bit long winded.

thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #1494
hopi

Thank SWS... you emailed me info saying it already can be done via reaconsole... which I had not played with much until now...

HOLY KRAPPERS... almost too damn powerful...

and thanks to you guys I now have the custom actions I needed and they work beautifully.

I will have to explore further what I can do with reaconsole... I'm such a 'brain pygmy' when it comes to command lines, but I'm getting better... mostly due to SWS's kindly help

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN
Old 09-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #1495
Mr. Data

Yes, while my translation adventures I discovered how powerful that is.

The drawback is, that Reaper in conjunction with the SWS-Extensions has so much to offer that an old man like me forgets most of it, if he (I mean, me) isn't constantly using all these features.

-Data
Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #1496
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post

The drawback is, that Reaper in conjunction with the SWS-Extensions has so much to offer that an old man like me forgets most of it, if he (I mean, me) isn't constantly using all these features.

-Data
yeah Data... I've got 'halfheimers' too... hahaha...
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #1497
Simonblarkin

Quote:

-Data
Believe me you are not alone....;=)
Simonblarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #1498
planetnine

Quote:

-Data
He he, yes.

I only mix occasionally and I rediscover stuff continually then

thank goodness for project notes...

>
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #1499
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
yeah Data... I've got 'halfheimers' too... hahaha...
For me it must be at least 'threequarterheimers'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonblarkin View Post
Believe me you are not alone....;=)
Thanks for trying to cheer me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
He he, yes.

I only mix occasionally and I rediscover stuff continually then

thank goodness for project notes...

>
If I only would not constantly forget to use them!!

-Data
Old 09-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #1500
FnA

Any chance of something like this? (MIDI FR)

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?...3572#note17926

In Sibelius there is a "plugin" that does this easily. It takes a passage and mirrors it so that D E F E D would become D C B C D and so on. Preserving other values of course. Sib lets you do it diatonically, but I'd be happy with chromatic at least. Sib also lets you choose which note/octave to revolve around.

Also nice to have would be-

The ability to double a selected passage at intervals, like a copy above or below. Octaves especially. A Ctrl+C/V type action that would allow you to choose a starting note would be nice. This is not too tough to deal with. (EDIT-This is real easy. Doh.)

The ability to retrograde or "reverse" a selected passage. This I can also do without major difficulty.

Forcing lower velocity bars to the front in quantized chords. There seems to be a specific order now that depends on vertical order of notes that often hides shorter bars. DarkStar has a regular FR related to this. I'm just guessing but this might be beyond your control.

Anyway the first thing is my big problem. I guess not too many people want this judging by the link above, but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for all the great stuff so far.

Last edited by FnA; 09-11-2012 at 07:30 PM.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #1501
Anton9

Hey Guys,

External MIDI file support + MIDI source offset support (Padre's LFO generator).., from the latest build(2.3.0 #4) does'nt seem to work.
When trying to apply Padre's LFO to an imported MIDI file I still receive the "Midi Processor error: Cannot process external MIDI files"
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #1502
FnA

Noticed that left and right were mixed up in the "SWS/S&M: Pan active takes of selected items 100%..." actions. Reaper 4.261/x64, Windows 7, SWS 2.3.0 Build #4
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #1503
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
Noticed that left and right were mixed up in the "SWS/S&M: Pan active takes of selected items 100%..." actions. Reaper 4.261/x64, Windows 7, SWS 2.3.0 Build #4
Dang! Thanks for the report, fixed for the next build..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
External MIDI file support + MIDI source offset support (Padre's LFO generator).., from the latest build(2.3.0 #4) does'nt seem to work.
That is a bug..

..in the whatsnew! Fixing.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #1504
XITE-1/4LIVE

I concur with the x64 build message on a 32bit exe.
The x64 build works on my x64 DAW perfectly well.
And as usual I appreciate your endless duty to bring excellence to the Reapage....

Ankyu

[IMG]http://**************/a/img402/3639/swslatest.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with **************
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #1505
hopi

Default xen track templates

Help please.. anyone:

OK in the S&M resources for Track Templates, I find I can assign almost endless slots and link them to saved templates... great so far!

but then in the actions list I see only 10 action to load from..

I would like to increase that number of actions to about 20 and imagine [knowing sws] there is likely an ini edit or some such to do this... but where the heck is it???

Thanks for any help
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #1506
wolfgerb

Quote:
Help please.. anyone:

OK in the S&M resources for Track Templates, I find I can assign almost endless slots and link them to saved templates... great so far!

but then in the actions list I see only 10 action to load from..

I would like to increase that number of actions to about 20 and imagine [knowing sws] there is likely an ini edit or some such to do this... but where the heck is it???

Thanks for any help
I'm not at my computer right now, but I think it's in the S&M.ini
something like:
S&M_APPLY_TRTEMPLATE=? <---- insert the number of available slots you would like to use ( up to 99 I think)

greetings wolfger
wolfgerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #1507
Anton9

Quote:
It's in the SWS.ini file.., look for the section toward the end of the file labeled [NbOfActions]. Look for these which are related to track templates.
S&M_APPLY_TRTEMPLATE=4
S&M_APPLY_TRTEMPLATE_ITEMSENVS=4
S&M_ADD_TRTEMPLATE=4

Make sure you close REAPER first before editing the SWS.ini, then restart and you should notice more actions added to the list.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #1508
hopi

thank you Anton... but I'm not sure those are the ones I wanted... I wanted the Xen SWS ... that are like Load Track Tempplate.. there are 1-10 as is but I want 20

Is there also another ini to change?

OK here is the problem... the actions I want more of are these:

Xenakios/SWS [Deprecated] Load track template xx

there are 10 of those and I want 20... [or more]

I'm not finding how to increase those actions...

changing the S&M ini from 10 to 20 did not affect those...

..any further suggestions??? Thanks in advance

Last edited by hopi; 09-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #1509
Anton9

[QUOTE=hopi;1044200]..any further suggestions???/QUOTE]

Yea.., I'd just switch to using the resources dialog and associated actions for this.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #1510
hopi

thanks yet again... having some sucess with that way... at least I find the actions now that are associated with what is set up in the resources...

seems a 'maybe' problem that has to be checked out...

I want to do all this for two different portable installs, which use different themes... and therefore different track templates [i.e., diff themes mean diff layouts in each theme]

It seems like the SWS resources can be told where to look for it's files... at least I can do that in one of the portables...

I hope then I can tell the other resources in the other portable to look in a diff directory... and NOT have them mix up with each other...

EDIT: OK, thanks again Anton... got what I wanted to have working at least on one of the portable installs...

I had some confusion for a time because when setting up the slots for the load templates, they don't show up in the actions list until you quit and restart reaper...

With that much understood, now it's working great... so between that and some custom reaconsole actions chained to new custom actions ... it's all beautiful again!

tomorrow... the other portable... gotta be very careful now... LOL

Last edited by hopi; 09-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #1511
Anton9

Hey Hopi,

I'm glad it's going good for you. Just a little info for ya regarding file location paths and resources. If you right click on the "Auto-fill" and the "Auto-save" icons (upper left on the resources dialog), you'll notice a drop down menu. At the top of the menu will be the current path and if you want to change the path just select "Set auto-fill directory" or "Set auto-save directory".

Another cool feature of the resources dialog are what's called bookmarks.
Bookmarks are the categories listed in the drop down next to the auto-save icon. Each bookmark(Fx chains, Track templates, Projects..,etc) can be assigned to their own auto-fill and auto-save directory paths. You can see what the path is for each bookmark by seleting it then right click on the auto-fill/auto-save button. Now for the cool part.., you can create your own bookmarks by right clicking the bookmark drop down and select "Bookmarks\New Bookmark", then select a category type and a box will appear that lets you change the name if you want. Once you create a new bookmark you can then assign it it's own path.

The resources dialog and associated actions are one of the biggest time saving/organizing tools for REAPER. It's also an amazing creative tool with regards to the "Media slots" and the way in which items can be triggered in many different ways using the associated actions.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #1512
visiblesound

Default SWS not showing up in OSX

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro Retina and I can't get the SWS extensions to show up. I used them on my old system so I really miss them. The directory "Applications Support/Reaper/UserPlugins" did not exist so I created the Reaper and UserPlugins folders and put the file in that location as the directions called for. Nothing shows up. Any ideas? I'm using Mountain Lion and Reaper 4.261

Thanks,

Pete
visiblesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #1513
hopi

Anton... right thanks for staying with me as I mess around with this...

later today I'll be trying to config it on the 'the other' portable install...

It surely is a wonderful and powerful tool... and combined with the reaconsole commands I'm getting the custom actions working that I want to have.

It really is a pretty simple concept: I use a track inspector, right?... and I use separtors... ok

In the tcp I use a 'wide' separator as set in the layouts... so that it fills the track inspector just the same as the normal trak layout I like to use.

But in the mcp, I want all those separtors to use the 'narrow' layout so they don't take up so much room on the screen.

Simple idea right?

but not so simple to get working perfectly... however, like I said, I do have it now on one portable with one theme. It would be really ugly to use it on the same portable for the two diff themes I want since their layouts and therefor the track templates I make for them are very differnt... easier to do it as two distinct portables so the folders, actions, and ini's stay distinctly separate.

anyway ...ever on

PS EDIT: well as usual, with all the good help from this forum, I've gotten what I wanted ..and more...
Now have this stuff working in my two portable installs, and finally realized [a little slow 'r us] that I could combine lots of work and get two sumerized actions placed in one floating toolbar.
Now instead of using screen sets and then changing things [like the width of separators to be wide for the track inspector and narrow for the floating mixer window] it all happens with these actions from one of the two icons...

One could really go nutz with all this power but think I'll quit 'winners' for today...

Last edited by hopi; 09-28-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #1514
hopi

oops... something has gone haywire... damn...

yesterday all working great... today... not so great

OK question:

where do you change the number of custom actions in the screen sets layout window?

thinking maybe I can get 'there' with more of those.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #1515
Anton9

Quote:
where do you change the number of custom actions in the screen sets layout window?
Screensets are not part of SWS.., and I don't think you can increase the amount of the custom actions.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #1516
hopi

Anton... thanks yes gofer has explained that to me now in the genral discussion area... and there is also a FR to be able to increase them... I hope you will vote for it.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #1517
Jeffos
Mortal

@Anton: many thanks for taking the time to explain things so well (bookmarks here, media file actions there, etc..)!
One day, I warn you I might copy/paste everything you said for some documtation purpouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by visiblesound View Post
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro Retina and I can't get the SWS extensions to show up. I used them on my old system so I really miss them. The directory "Applications Support/Reaper/UserPlugins" did not exist so I created the Reaper and UserPlugins folders and put the file in that location as the directions called for. Nothing shows up. Any ideas? I'm using Mountain Lion and Reaper 4.261
~/Applications Support/Reaper/UserPlugins should there in the first place but hidden by default since Lion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Annoying note! OSX Lion makes it much harder to access <username>/Library. By default, that folder will not appear in the Finder. The "official" way is to open the Finder, open the Go menu, then hold down the Option key.
Alternatively, you can download the very last SWS version here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list
..the installation should be easier on OSX (double-click thingy).
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #1518
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@Anton: many thanks for taking the time to explain things so well (bookmarks here, media file actions there, etc..)!
One day, I warn you I might copy/paste everything you said for some documtation purpouse
I think the resources and associated actions are such an awesome toolset that anytime I see a post where a user is looking to do something that I think resources can accomplish I can't resist pointing them in that direction. Feel free to use any of my posts for documentation.

Oh-yea.., thank you for fixing Issue 516 in the latest build!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #1519
Tod

One small flaw with the action:

SWS/S&M: Paste routings to selected tracks

It will only pastes routing to the one upper most track of selected tracks. It would be nice if it would paste to all selected tracks.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #1520
IXix

Using "Xenakios/SWS: Toggle reference track", does anybody else think that if the reference track has a send to another track then the other recieves on that track should be muted? ie. When ref track is active (soloed), should it's sends be soloed too?

I have a setup like this...

The "Reference" and "Track" folders both send to "Hardware Output Bus". When I activate the reference track, I'd expect it to be the only thing going to the hardware output but that's not currently the case.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote