Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Dfeastman
Human being with feelings

Default 002/Reaper compatibility with newest avid drivers?

Hi Everyone,

Juuust getting into reaper (long time PT user) and I'm really liking it. One thing I can't figure out is how to get my 002 to work with Reaper. I have the newest driver for PT 11 - the Avid 002 and 003 family driver. Its recognized by reaper and they sync up. However, I hit play and dont' get any sound.

Up until now I've just rewiring it into Pro Tools as thats the only way I can use it. But I'd like to have it independent of PT. Has anyone gotten this newest driver to work? I've tried Avid coreaudio but it doesn't work with my system since I need the newer driver for PT 11. I have the BLA mod and like the 002 so I'd love to get this figured out.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Dave
Dfeastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Dfeastman

Oh and I'm on OS X mountain Lion. Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
grinder

I am sure someone will chip in, I run a PC and run 002 as well as Orpheus, Reaper runs well with both but as I say I run a PC.

Grinder

footsteps to the sun
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #4
Dfeastman

Thanks, glad it works well for you
Old 03-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
grinder

Get onto Reaper's forum search engine I am sure that this same question has been asked before on here.
The question regarding Mac's has an answer.

All the best

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Dfeastman

I have quite a bit but I'll take another look. I've found people talking specifically about the avid coreaudio 002 driver. However, that one never worked on my system and the PT 11 002 003 family driver has. Once I installed PT 11, the coreaudio driver stopped recognizing the 002 connection for some reason. Maybe coreaudio is the solution and its just not working with my setup.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
lachrimae

I'm using an older driver for my Digi002R (from PT8) so that may be why I haven't had any issues, but have you considered using ASIO4ALL with Reaper? That may be a workaround...

Good luck!
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
Dfeastman

Hey lachrimae,

thanks for the thought. Isn't ASIO4All PC only or is there a version for mac? Are you also using your 002 with PT or are you all Reaper all the time?

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
lachrimae

Oops, sorry I didn't realize that ASIO4All was PC only but it looks like that's the case.

I'm 100% Reaper now after having used PT for a very long time (starting way back with my Audiomedia III card). I like the workflow of PT probably because that's where I learned DAWs but now that I've spent enough time to learn my way around Reaper I'm really enjoying its workflow too. I have heard good things about PT11 but I haven't tested it since I refuse to go iLok.

If you haven't already done so I'd highly recommend subscribing to www.groove3.com for a month and watching Kenny Gioia's Reaper vids. I was missing out on a lot of features until I watched those vids and read the user's manual.
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #10
Dfeastman

No problem, I got hopeful for a sec

Yeah I really enjoy the PT workflow - like you, trying to figure out how much of that is actually due to PT vs just what I'm used to. Reaper does feel a bit intense at first but you quickly learn the logic of it and you can kind of make educated guesses at what you don't know. I do really like PT 11 but I feel like Reaper is exposing some new feature daily that I'm missing out on.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have started to dig into his Groove3 videos - reaaaally helpful.