Old 07-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Orchestral Master-Slave Setup?

So I came across the information that it is somehow possible to run 2 computers in parallel and use the processing power of one to host libraries while the other one does the sequencing.

As my Macbook often runs out of CPU/Ram when doing orchestral sessions and I have a spare Mac Mini lying around, being possible to do this would be great.

However I am a little worried about whether this is possible and useful with my setup, how complicated it might be to get this running and how fiddly it is to work with such a setup.

I also keep coming across Vienna Ensamble Pro while searching about information on the web.
Is that the only or the best software that allows such a setup? Does it work seamlessly with third party Kontakt libraries or is it intended to be used mainly with Vienna Symphonic libraries?

To sum up.. anyone can tell me whether it is worth looking into it and how much time I should factor in for getting this all to work? Does someone know a video that shows what is needed and how to set it up step by step? I don't want to throw my cash at VEP just to find out that this doesn't work as I hope.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote