Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
DerDan
Human being with feelings

Default Midi Controller

Hi,
I need advice at buying a controller that works with reaper. At first I bought a Novation Launchkey25 but had to return it because of it's InControl-Mode that doesn't work. (the transport keys and the knobs couldn't be used)

Also I am a noob at Reaper and audio stuff, I played guitar for some time and only used Reaper with a plugin as amp. Now I wanna do DnB (mainly liquid dnb) and other EDM. So I need a controller that's versatile.

I looked around for a new Controller with 25 keys (that will probably do it; I also need something small which can be stuffed in a bag) and I am now down to five products:
- M-Audio Axiom 25 MK2
- M-Audio Oxygen 25 IV
- Samson Graphite 25
- Alesis QX25
- Alesis VI25

I didn't look around for Novation devices because it didn't work in the first place and the support was shit.
Does anyone have experience with one of these?
DerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
bluzkat

Let me recommend another company... Nektar. Nice product with great customer support. See here:

http://www.nektartech.com/Products/Impact-LX25.

Enjoy.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:03 AM   #3
4x4uk

plus one on Nektar
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
toddhisattva

Default Was a Miner a QX49er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerDan View Post
[…]I am now down to five products:
- M-Audio Axiom 25 MK2
- M-Audio Oxygen 25 IV
- Samson Graphite 25
- Alesis QX25
- Alesis VI25
[…]
I have an Alesis QX49 and really like it, especially for the price. The QX49 hooks up to Reaper fairly easily and if I bothered to configure the QX49 (so the pads send to another channel, etc.) it would be even better. Really a great bunch of switches and pots arranged well in a convenient and lightweight piece of equipment. I do like its bus power, with a 5m MIDI cable I can play it anywhere in the room with only one cable to bother with.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't want some of the other controllers mentioned on this thread! But I'm agonna buy a guitar before I buy another MIDI controller. Priorities.
toddhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
DerDan

ok so I have to decide between 6. I thought you guys would make it easier for me ^^
I forgot to mention that my price range is up to a max of 200€.
DerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
Samelot

Novation makes good stuff. I had a novation uc33e and liked it very much till it started to fail, but that was after a good few years.

Look into
- novation launch control xl
Samelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerDan View Post
Hi,
I need advice at buying a controller that works with reaper. At first I bought a Novation Launchkey25 but had to return it because of it's InControl-Mode that doesn't work. (the transport keys and the knobs couldn't be used)

Also I am a noob at Reaper and audio stuff, I played guitar for some time and only used Reaper with a plugin as amp. Now I wanna do DnB (mainly liquid dnb) and other EDM. So I need a controller that's versatile.

I looked around for a new Controller with 25 keys (that will probably do it; I also need something small which can be stuffed in a bag) and I am now down to five products:
- M-Audio Axiom 25 MK2
- M-Audio Oxygen 25 IV
- Samson Graphite 25
- Alesis QX25
- Alesis VI25

I didn't look around for Novation devices because it didn't work in the first place and the support was shit.
Does anyone have experience with one of these?
The controls on launch key will work with Reaper, my launch key 49 is working just fine with reaper.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote