Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
JackReaperITA
Human being with feelings

Default Compatibility issues with M-Audio Fast track

Hi all,

after some years, I decided to comeback to use Reaper to record my guitar. In the meantime I changed my PC (Windows10 as OS) and now I have some compatibility problems with my sound card, that is M-Audio fast track. When I plug the sound card to my PC, on Reaper I can see by default that the audio system is WDM Kernel Streaming (windows XP) and I'm not able to add my guitar to a track. If I play I can hear my guitar in the headset but the guitar is not added in the track. So I read on the web that this sound card could have some compatibility problems with Win10 related to the drivers. I tried to download ASIO drivers and now in Reaper, I can choose as audio system ASIO and in ASIO driver ASIO4ALL v2. But even this didn't solve the problem because now I can hear my guitar on the track, as any other noise of the house because now it seems that the track is linked to the ambient microphone of the PC, not to the sound card.

Are there any chances to use this sound card with Reaper and Windows 10? If the problem is that this sound card is too old to be usable, I could consider to buy a new one. If this is the case, which could be a good one for the substitution?

Thanks in advance.
JackReaperITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
domzy
Human being with feelings

it probably works, just that you haven't set your driver correctly.
have you set your input & output devices correctly in reaper preferences & asio4all advanced settings?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote