Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Ice
Human being with feelings

Default Visual-only "Freeze Track" like Excel's "Freeze Row"

This has probably been mentioned before. One thing I miss in both Reaper and PT (not sure if other DAWs have it), is the ability to lock/freeze a track (or set of tracks) to the top of the edit/arrange window. I hate to use the term FREEZE as that means something entirely different in Reaper. I do mean just visually lock tracks to prevent vertical scrolling.

Example - a video guide track, or set of guide tracks. I typically have those right below the video track, and constantly need to mute/unmute those. While I'm working I keep having to scroll up to mute/unmute, and then back down to my working area. It doesn't take many tracks for these to be too far apart to see on screen at once.

The clear example is an Excel spreadsheet where you lock the top row or two to use as column headers, so when you scroll up and down those don't move.

It would be sort of like another dock, where you'd assign specific tracks to live in that dock.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
This has probably been mentioned before. One thing I miss in both Reaper and PT (not sure if other DAWs have it), is the ability to lock/freeze a track (or set of tracks) to the top of the edit/arrange window. I hate to use the term FREEZE as that means something entirely different in Reaper. I do mean just visually lock tracks to prevent vertical scrolling.

Example - a video guide track, or set of guide tracks. I typically have those right below the video track, and constantly need to mute/unmute those. While I'm working I keep having to scroll up to mute/unmute, and then back down to my working area. It doesn't take many tracks for these to be too far apart to see on screen at once.

The clear example is an Excel spreadsheet where you lock the top row or two to use as column headers, so when you scroll up and down those don't move.

It would be sort of like another dock, where you'd assign specific tracks to live in that dock.
This would be Great feature and can help a lot
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:28 AM   #3
enroe

Quote:
The clear example is an Excel spreadsheet where you lock the
top row or two to use as column headers, so when you scroll
up and down those don't move.
What you mean is "split screen".

You split the screen horizontally, so you have
an upper part and a lower part.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:51 AM   #4
Masi

Quote:
This has probably been mentioned before. One thing I miss in both Reaper and PT (not sure if other DAWs have it), is the ability to lock/freeze a track (or set of tracks) to the top of the edit/arrange window.
Yes, you're not the first one to ask for such a feature.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
deeb

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=201128
deeb is online now   Reply With Quote