or programmatically (lol) precise to
110%, just workable and suitable.

Regards, Never
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
pyerbass
Human being with feelings

Interesting

I did my own version of the signal path to start API v5 (beta 00.00) it was indeed very helpfull!

There is one input missing in my opinion:
THE ITEM: this is the main sound source that you will use in reaper. The monitoring fonction gives you the choice to hear the direct input, or the item, or both.

Also, don't forget that you can record the input OR the output of the channel strip, you should have a way to move the record button on the chain. Same goes for send pre or post fader, but there is no way to use this parameter to change the layout as far as I know.

That's the problem: the signal path in reaper is way too flexible to be drwan!
pyerbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyerbass View Post
Interesting

I did my own version of the signal path to start API v5 (beta 00.00) it was indeed very helpfull!

There is one input missing in my opinion:
THE ITEM: this is the main sound source that you will use in reaper. The monitoring fonction gives you the choice to hear the direct input, or the item, or both.

Also, don't forget that you can record the input OR the output of the channel strip, you should have a way to move the record button on the chain. Same goes for send pre or post fader, but there is no way to use this parameter to change the layout as far as I know.

That's the problem: the signal path in reaper is way too flexible to be drwan!
@Pyerbass...thank you for your input. I ahould have clarified...the box at bottom left titled 'sel' would be our input select and the green arrow coming into that box from the 'from
mix' box would signify the ability to record from the mix, or 'print' as we
say in the biz, and the item...hmmm..i understand the necessity to include it but since this is to be a silkscreen for the mixer and tcp panel, and the item mixing operates aside from these basically, why wud it need to be signified on the diagram...or maybe it's just assumed....not sure...this diagram wud be used only for channel
mixing and not item mixing or editing..maybe someone will kick in with ideas....btw..Api 4 was the first theme i DL'd, and what started me theming, and was the underpinning of my first theme. Cant wait to try the new one !!
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
pyerbass

Thanks for your kind words unfortunately you will have to wait for V5, it's far from done ;-)

Ok I have been mislead by the REC module.
That's an interesting project! do you want the silk screen to be still or to follow move according the routing?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
Never

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words unfortunately you will have to wait for V5, it's far from done ;-)

That's an interesting project! do you want the silk screen to be still or to follow move according the routing?
Well, firstly, I want to make two main styles
of panel....one flat set...one 3d
set...on the flats, the controls and
indicators will be ableton like but tweaked
out and very stylized.. all flat, as w/ the the
silkscreen. On the 3d's, the controls, etc., will
be 3d and shadowed...minimally.....and the
components will be old style...rocker
toggles like moog, numeric led readouts,
black slide switches, metallic knobs...
and the silkscreen will use electronic
symbols, etc., where feaseable, and leave spaces
for the controls themselves., think some of the old synths.
Maybe like:
an electronic schematic / flowchart / channel strip hybrid.
Some themes attempt to add traces of this type of signal path display, but manipulated
to be nothing more than aesthetic.

I want a working design that someone...
day one on a daw....day one on REAPER...straight off
of a solid state console, can look at,
understand in depth, appreciate and take
solace in its technical precision, while
(most likely) being shocked greatly at its ability to be
pleasing to the eye despite it's seemingly (on paper) overwhelming design dynamic.
Does that seem to ambitious?

Last edited by Never; 02-01-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #6
jrengmusic

I don’t want to break the spirit. I have only create one theme. Both flat-ish and 3D, only with 5 TCP layout, 6 MCP layout.

Nothing ambitious, just because i want a theme that looks good on my retina screen, familiar, and easy for me to use. So it’s very personal, i’m not too worried how it may look or behave for various kind of user with unpredictable setup.

The 3D is the most time consuming part. No drop shadow, emboss or crazy gradient fills for pseudo three dimension orthographic projection point of view. But real 3D from modelling, texturing, lighting, and rendering hundreds of images in order to make them look accurate but also WALTER programmable.

I thought it would be fun, something to do on a spare time.

Eventually I spent 6-8 hours/day (sometimes more). I finally managed to pull it off for 187 days straight. It become a half year full time job. Now i understand why there were so many work in progress themes with great ideas never seen the light of day.

Ambitious you asked? Knock yourself out.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #7
+NRG

Never,

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Old 02-03-2018, 05:11 AM   #8
pyerbass

I couldn't agree more with you Jreng, what you have done is an incredibly colossal work. I still want to go 3d for API v5 but I postpone the day where I will have to export hundreds of renders with alpha BG and shadows...

Never, it is ambitious indeed, I don't know if you can do such theme but what I think is for certain is that you are starting on the right way: a schematics of where you want to go
Old 02-06-2018, 08:21 AM   #9
Never

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with you Jreng, what you have done is an incredibly colossal work. I still want to go 3d for API v5 but I postpone the day where I will have to export hundreds of renders with alpha BG and shadows...

Never, it is ambitious indeed, I don't know if you can do such theme but what I think is for certain is that you are starting on the right way: a schematics of where you want to go
Yea I think the Jreng theme is the definately the most incredible work so far I like it better than Imp 5 and I realize it impliments portions of Imp 5 but the image shift is just negative and positive offset conditions it's like WT
said it was just that someone had to think to apply it...I am not a programmer so unstead of using his macros I am just doing the long walter and the math ex:...4 panel mcp_bg image @80px...1st panel..norm..[0 x x x]..2nd panel..rec...so [-80 x x x] etc, and commenting beside them....otherwise i will never learn..eventually I will go back and write macros of my own..I am actually working on three different themes currently, and about 8 themes not done from '14-'17. I try to make at least a couple elements in each theme that I consider innovative and that have never been done that way....most times if something I have done in that vein ends up being done by someone else before I release mine, I just kill the whole WIP. I have been using my ION 3 MK II theme now for a couple years and it cant be replaced for my workflow and my
ocd issues, API 5 and Jreng are actually the two I am waiting on the most so I think it'S amazing the both of you are the ones to answer this post.
I will post u/d's soon on a prelim panel, I will do a TCP first.
Never
Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #10
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
Never,

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
+NRG ty good seein you...I have been kickin stuff around.....eh...I have old themes finished that I mever released..a version of Def 5 thats way tricked especially in the session mixer...a huge complete dark reworking of Albert X's Pro tools GOLD 2.5 thats got like 30 layouts...a remake and streamlining of E40 (which is kinda like the white theme 'smokin'), which I call Fostex F40, a reworking of Imp 5...which... were not allowed to do....idk I just havent been inspired. I want to do something great. I have another idea for something thats never been done, and it could become a whole subculture kimda like lbx stripper and all that...but my idea is a little gimmicky...a little less than techy, but still relevant, still functional and neat, PM me if your interested...

Never
Old 02-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #11
Never

Quote:

The diagram would be like an animated schematic....with spst switch symbols..like for cut...polarity could have a dpdt switch symbol where the animation switches the circuits...
a spdt switch symbol for the monitor showing the circuit switching between on, off, auto...maybe the gain knob...whic will be flat...will have a
symbol for a var resistor or potentiometer below it, and a label box for that symbol which will be the tcp_vol_label....etc...imdicators will show a led symbol below...etc., then I will have a layout that turns off the silkscreen, and maybe a light and dark for each.....