Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #241
LowlyOP
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Wow, this plugin is an amazing time saver, headache reliever!

helgoboss,

Any chance you could add the ability to toggle on/off individual mappings via midi?

Thanks
Do you mean mappings as in your saved presets within ReaLearn, or mappings inside of Reaper-> Actions (or something else)?

I might be able to assist while waiting on helgo's response
LowlyOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #242
NextLevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowlyOP View Post
Do you mean mappings as in your saved presets within ReaLearn, or mappings inside of Reaper-> Actions (or something else)?

I might be able to assist while waiting on helgo's response
Individual mappings within a single preset inside of ReaLearn.
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #243
LowlyOP

Quote:
Individual mappings within a single preset inside of ReaLearn.
Oh, My mistake - I get what you mean now and I agree that would be good to have implemented.

Currently, my projects contain a single, "MIDI" Master Track with any number of ReaLearn instances slotted in, and I toggle them disabled/offline using some custom actions assignments paired with feedback-only specifically mapped preset.
LowlyOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #244
DarrenH

Hello and thank you for what is looking like a great tool!
It was working fine however I stumbled onto one (big) issue perhaps?

I just laid out many mappings, saved preset as a default, even exported the setup to a txt file to be safe.

When I added this to my FX chain, *it doesn't appear that FX mappings are named by FX* therefore if I pull the mappings into another chain, nothing applies to the correct FX.

So it seems as if this only works if you create all the mappings for a specific chain but never change it...am I crazy or is that correct?

Thank you!

Last edited by DarrenH; 09-10-2018 at 08:27 PM.
DarrenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 AM   #245
helgoboss

Quote:
Any chance you could add the ability to toggle on/off individual mappings via midi?

Thanks
I'm thinking what's the best approach to take for implementing such a feature. I could implement a target type "Enable/disable ReaLearn mapping" ... but then sooner or later someone would ask for a way to enable/disable multiple mappings at once or even more sophisticated things like "enable each mapping whose name starts with 'Volume'". I would like to find a generic/composable but still intuitive way to make this kind of things possible. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Until then, in this post I've written about the current alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenH View Post
When I added this to my FX chain, *it doesn't appear that FX mappings are named by FX* therefore if I pull the mappings into another chain, nothing applies to the correct FX.

So it seems as if this only works if you create all the mappings for a specific chain but never change it...am I crazy or is that correct?

Thank you!
That's correct. You can consider this as a missing feature, something I want to add. For details see this answer.
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:35 AM   #246
DarrenH

Thank you Benjamin, it's an incredibly easy to use tool, so will keep an eye out for that if it does eventually happen. Thanks for your reply, Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
I'm thinking what's the best approach to take for implementing such a feature. I could implement a target type "Enable/disable ReaLearn mapping" ... but then sooner or later someone would ask for a way to enable/disable multiple mappings at once or even more sophisticated things like "enable each mapping whose name starts with 'Volume'". I would like to find a generic/composable but still intuitive way to make this kind of things possible. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Until then, in this post I've written about the current alternatives.

That's correct. You can consider this as a missing feature, something I want to add. For details see this answer.
DarrenH is offline   Reply With Quote