Old 08-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #161
leescratchy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenarpharazon View Post
Try this to get your live mix going, and get started on a first track and bus design.

1. Use the MIDIMIX to control the first 8 tracks in a project with your delay/reverb send in track 9.
2. Set the first 8 tracks up with 4 channels and send channels 3/4 to channel 1/2 on track 9 at 0db.
3. Then use a JS 3 band splitter plugin with the crossovers at min/max to send each of the tracks entirely to channels 3/4 when fully wet.
4. Map the wet/dry of each splitter to a respective knob above each track 1-8 fader

So you have your 8 fader-controllable tracks each with wet/dry sends to a delay.
Plenty of expansion beyond this by mapping & routing channels like this for more complex effects, delays or arrangements.

This web page should be helpful on explaining such possibilities with tracks and links to Kenny Gioia's helpful video tutorials https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/mus...e-Routing.html

You really shouldn't need any Reascript at all unless knowingly pushing the boundaries of Reaper's great track & bus flexibility. Note that the Reascripts (like MPL's) run and interact very differently against Reaper, compared to an OSCII-bot script even though the EEL2 programming language is virtually the same.
OK thank you so much, can't deny that a guide for noobies would so very much hit the spot but I'll try to figure out what you just described

For that matter the $10 shipped APK case on aliexpress is spot-on :

A simple guide would also help making this thread grow because your script has been downloaded less than 900 times in 4.5 years, that's way too little for such a great mixer in such a great DAW.

I just wonder if this video in Ableton took so much fiddling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Roh_J2EsQ as I want to do the exact same things he's doing with 3 sendfx + fx return on master fader, that's the plan at least
leescratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #162
billybuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leescratchy View Post
I just wonder if this video in Ableton took so much fiddling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Roh_J2EsQ as I want to do the exact same things he's doing with 3 sendfx + fx return on master fader, that's the plan at least
I've used the MidiMix extensively in Ableton Live 10, and everything you describe is the default mapping except for the third send. By default, the top two rows of pots control sends 1 and 2, and the third is pan. Mute/record/solo works great--with LED feedback. The 8 channel rows are also bankable with the left/right buttons. No scripting necessary unless you want to customize those defaults.
billybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #163
leescratchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybuck View Post
I've used the MidiMix extensively in Ableton Live 10, and everything you describe is the default mapping except for the third send. By default, the top two rows of pots control sends 1 and 2, and the third is pan. Mute/record/solo works great--with LED feedback. The 8 channel rows are also bankable with the left/right buttons. No scripting necessary unless you want to customize those defaults.
That figures thanks, actually everything's a struggle in Reaper, the only things I like is the SQ and ChordGun script. I see that some ppl work the same tune in several DAW's, I might just do that as I was recently told on this forum that unlike FruityLoops Reaper has to be deserved and isn't "a flower you pickup". The thing is I prefer to make music instead of RTFM endlessly
Old 09-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #164
leescratchy

Anyone willing to make a clear tutorial on how to get MIDIMIX working in Reaper please?

And/or possibly a default preset tune ready to roll? This would be so good.

It seems that advanced Reaper users expect newbies to struggle as they did, I got a tune that needs to be mixed now and I don't wanna spend 5 days watching yt tutorials and struggle =(

It's all PNP in Ableton apparently, I wanna stick to Reaper but 910 downloads for the OP script in 5 years just shows how this is a flop and would need some user convenience to really take off

I would happily donate for that matter, just wanna mix this tune without the annoyance, thanks in advance!
Old 09-18-2020, 02:51 PM   #165
DarkStar

By no means a flop - that's 910 users who almost certainly have a MIDIMix controller.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #166
leescratchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
By no means a flop - that's 910 users who almost certainly have a MIDIMix controller.
910 downloads in roughly 5 years, that's like 15 downloads/month......Reaper is amazing and most likely also this mixer, with a clear tutorial or default track to start off all ready to roll it would be 15/hour or so.

And OP would get more donations for that matter, I'd happily pay to get it working without the learning curve huh
Old 09-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #167
goldenarpharazon

Default Simplest possible setup for newcomers

Here is the simplest possible Reaper Tutorial

1. Ensure your MIDIMIX controller is connected connectly and you have a working sound card output

2. Simply open Reaper with a new project and create 8 tracks ( just type Ctrl-T 8 times or alternatively use the menu [Insert Track] ). That gives one track per MIDIMIX slider track which fits nicely.

3. Allocate your instruments or FX or or audio/MIDI recordings to each track (do this as you wish for your musical use or composition or mixing)

That's it
goldenarpharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #168
leescratchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenarpharazon View Post
Here is the simplest possible Reaper Tutorial

1. Ensure your MIDIMIX controller is connected connectly and you have a working sound card output

2. Simply open Reaper with a new project and create 8 tracks ( just type Ctrl-T 8 times or alternatively use the menu [Insert Track] ). That gives one track per MIDIMIX slider track which fits nicely.

3. Allocate your instruments or FX or or audio/MIDI recordings to each track (do this as you wish for your musical use or composition or mixing)

That's it
OK thanks but your previous instructions sounded far less vague and more like what I would need to do.

This said, you seem unwilling to provide more specific infos so fair enough, I'll keep working on my current tune and then I'll spend 5 days watching yt tutorials as you wish as I've had MIDIMIX for a few weeks now but still didn't get it to work at all.

Last edited by leescratchy; 09-28-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #169
bobobo

it's no too complicated.

Provided you have the midimix plugged into the same Computer that run REAPER.

Step 1 : Prepare MidiMix device. Reset to default

THE AKAI MidiMix has to be set to default.
Get the MidiMixmonitorProgramm from AKAI
https://www.akaipro.com/midimix#downloadtab

Install it, run it , set the MIDI Setup correct (output to MidiMix) and select 'Send To Hardware'
This will set the device to default settings

Step 2 configure REAPER to use OSC

Start REAPER
Pre: an OSC-Device can be a MIDI-device, but not registered in REAPER as MIDI-device AND as OSC-Device.
So disable the MidiMix in the MIDI-Devices in Preferences. Right Click on it and set to disable.

In 'Preferences' and 'Control surfaces/OSC/webcontrol' add the OSC(Open Sound Control)

'Device Name' set to MidiMix
'Pattern config' select MidiMix
'Mode' to Configure device Ip+local port

Device Port 9000 Device IP set to same as shown in local IP (Your IP)
memorize this IP, you need it later on.

set hook at 'Allow binding messages to REAPER actions and FX learn'

Step 3
Get , start and configure oscii-bot

Get the OSCII-bot Programm from https://www.cockos.com/oscii-bot/
It has no installer so unpack it where you have access to it
REAPER'S resource path may not be the worst place

Read the readme.txt in the oscii-bot package !

start the ocii-bot Programm and have a look to the osciibot window.
it says Loading scripts from .
in this path you have to copy the MidiMixControl.txt
Edit the MidiMixControl.txt after you copied it.
change the line
@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "192.168.0.6:8000" 0 0 // network address/port for MIDIMIX output from script to Reaper

provided your mmemorized IP (s.o.) is 192.168.1.17 change it to

@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "192.168.1.17:8000" 0 0 // network address/port for MIDIMIX output from script to Reaper

in oscii-boot program kick the *reload Scripts' button
you'll see in the oscii-bot window what's loaded

Step 4 Have Fun

it should work now

you have to start oscii-bot before you start REAPER

read the MidiMix.pdf that came with the MidiMix101b1.zip
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:42 AM   #170
leescratchy

Awesomeness, thank you!

But I still wanna do the exact same thing shown in that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Roh_J2EsQ with 3 sendfx and fxchannel set on master volume fader

it's pretty much all PNP in Ableton apparently
Old 10-01-2020, 03:28 AM   #171
bobobo

it is not too unlikeley that i'll find a little time these days to check it out. s.t. & greetings
Old 10-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #172
bobobo

so

i made a setup wth the AkaiMidiMix controlled via osc and all three
knob rows controls sends to a delay, anonther delay and a reverbtrack
i use a little jfx-mixer to accompish that.
Mute buttons work.
Fader work
the softtakeover works (maybe softtakeover isn't a good way to make this dub-thing as you have to wiggle first until you get the right spot to takeover)

i post a setup and morte instructions this weekend.

greetz
Old 10-03-2020, 06:56 AM   #173
leescratchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
so

i made a setup wth the AkaiMidiMix controlled via osc and all three
knob rows controls sends to a delay, anonther delay and a reverbtrack
i use a little jfx-mixer to accompish that.
Mute buttons work.
Fader work
the softtakeover works (maybe softtakeover isn't a good way to make this dub-thing as you have to wiggle first until you get the right spot to takeover)

i post a setup and morte instructions this weekend.

greetz
awesomeness thanks in advance you're my savior, I'll be sure to find a way to thank you we'll discuss this in PM.

I'm not sure what "softtakeover" implies but I'd need the master volume fader to be assigned to the fx return channel please.

I might also fancy assigning 2 sendfx + pan on the last knob but I guess this would be fairly easy once 3 sendfx are already assigned.

I'm sure you'll be fairly surprised by the end results as I don't understand why only reggae is mixed like this, my current tunes are anything but reggae but they'll sure get the jamaican dub treatment with spring reverb and tape echo

Last edited by leescratchy; 10-03-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:57 AM   #174
bobobo

i hope i've done it workable for you. Not the masterfaderthing and no pan knob anymore. Sending to more than one effect per knob is easy enough, you have to create another effect track and set the routing accordingly. Load the project and you'll see what my predeccesors above are pointing at.
The more i look into the video you mentioned the more i think there is more routing going on than in my projects. Track one has a kind of sweepeffect on one knob.

however, i "githubbed" and "paged" my efforts.

https://bobobo-git.github.io/AkaiMidiMixDubVersion/

please post here if somethings not working

greetings

Last edited by bobobo; 10-05-2020 at 05:06 AM.