Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
gm22
Human being with feelings

Default Updating Reaper, a question.

I purchased Reaper the other day. I see that I can update my trial version to a newr one, and I followed the link when opening Reaper, but it just takes me to the regular download page. Do I simply download Reaper for Windows 64 again? I might have thought there would be another specific download which just updates the program. Or does Reaper know what to do automatically when downloading as an upgrade?
gm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
Paul99

If only there was something where you could look up things like this....oh wait....there is! It's called the Reaper User Guide by Nicholas! And how to update Reaper is already described on page 19.....
Isn't Reaper great!
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
dsealer

I have Reaper for a year or so and I've updated it several times. Just go to the download page, choose which version you want and choose how to install it. I always take the "Run" option. Reaper is really easy to use and update.

Most of the people on this forum are really nice and very helpful. Not sure why you got such a harsh reply when asking a simple question. For me if some one asks a question that upsets me I just move on.

Good luck,
Don.....
Old 01-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
gm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
If only there was something where you could look up things like this....oh wait....there is! It's called the Reaper User Guide by Nicholas! And how to update Reaper is already described on page 19.....
Isn't Reaper great!
Hey brother, if you're going to hold up the standard that the only acceptable questions in the Reaper forum pertain to something that is *not* covered in the manual, then Reaper might as well shut the forum down, because I trust the manual covers virtually everything.

Having said that, I always appreciate the invaluable advice of seasoned Reaper users, and I'll even concede that this was one of those questions that was simple enough that I should have made a cursory manual search first.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
gm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsealer View Post
I have Reaper for a year or so and I've updated it several times. Just go to the download page, choose which version you want and choose how to install it. I always take the "Run" option. Reaper is really easy to use and update.

Most of the people on this forum are really nice and very helpful. Not sure why you got such a harsh reply when asking a simple question. For me if some one asks a question that upsets me I just move on.

Good luck,
Don.....
Hey Don, thanks for the reply. The user has a point, even if the sarcasm was a bit off the register. No real harm done. Without the generosity of seasoned users, new users like myself would be lost at times.