Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
dylanh046
Human being with feelings

Default Issues with pop up box appearing

New to reaper and recording in general . Have the latest version of reaper operating on my Asus laptop with the latest version of windows 10 installed . Attempted to install my nektar impact lxs 25 but have not yet successfully done so.i am able to get a track opened with the nektar input levels coming in when I hit a key or drum pad , but no output through my headphones not able to hear the keyboard . I also keep getting this pop up window that reads :[there was an error opening the audio hardware .error initializing asio hardware .the following midi inputs could not be opened nektar lxs 25 . The following midi outputs could not be opened nektar lxs 25.]everytime I enter reaper or record an acoustic guitar track with my samsung co1 condenser mic and scarlett solo 3rd gen pre amp. Any help appreciated carbon based organisms
dylanh046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #2
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanh046 View Post
New to reaper and recording in general . Have the latest version of reaper operating on my Asus laptop with the latest version of windows 10 installed . Attempted to install my nektar impact lxs 25 but have not yet successfully done so.i am able to get a track opened with the nektar input levels coming in when I hit a key or drum pad , but no output through my headphones not able to hear the keyboard . I also keep getting this pop up window that reads :[there was an error opening the audio hardware .error initializing asio hardware .the following midi inputs could not be opened nektar lxs 25 . The following midi outputs could not be opened nektar lxs 25.]everytime I enter reaper or record an acoustic guitar track with my samsung co1 condenser mic and scarlett solo 3rd gen pre amp. Any help appreciated carbon based organisms
can you clarify what is happening?

you say you are getting "input levels coming in when I hit a key or drum pad" so presumably MIDI is working?

with regards to the ASIO problem - are you using the scarlett solo as your general Windows sound device as well as using it in Reaper?
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
dylanh046

Thanks for responding , to answer your first question I did in fact install my nektar impact lx 25 but am having trouble with the output . To clarify the input levels are coming in and registering on track meter but I cant hear the sound from the keyboard , I am using headphones connected with scarlett solo. But as I wrote previously a prompt box shows up everytime I enter reaper it reads :[ the following midi inputs could not be opened : impact lx25A, the following midi outputs could not be opened: impact lx25+] .this same box will also appear when I hit the record button. As far as the asio I am using scarlet solo in reaper . Appreciate any help for a noob
Old 06-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #4
domzy

Sorry, i'm still not following you, what do you mean by "the sound from the keyboard" - i thought this was a MIDI device, so i assume you are using some sort of virtual instrument?
You say you're getting some activity on the track meter - is this MIDI activity ( a thin red line) or audio activity (two thicker lines - could be green or red depending on mode - presuming you are using the default theme)?
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
dylanh046

Default MIDI issues

Domzy ,appreciate the responses thus far. So again to try to clarify to the best of my limited capacity and vocabulary. I am seeing audio levels register on the track meter (double lined and green) from my nektar impact lxs 25 when I hit the drum pad pads and keys but again I am not hearing these sounds in my headphones . If I could only post a picture of this and the pop up box that keeps displaying whenever I first enter reaper or record a track
Old 07-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanh046 View Post
If I could only post a picture of this and the pop up box that keeps displaying whenever I first enter reaper or record a track
Do it.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...22&postcount=2
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #7
dylanh046

Default connecting nektar to DAW

Nex appreciate your help , i attempted to upload JPEG files to the site but error message occurred and stated that i needed to contact administrator in order to get permission from webmaster to post photos
Old 08-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #8
Fex

My name's not Nex, and if you'd have read the instructions in the link I posted, you'd have found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Including a screenshot in your reply
  • upload it to an Image Server (e.g. imgur or ...),
  • paste the resulting link to your image, surrounded by "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" tags (no quotes), into your reply,
  • or post a thumbnail image, with a link to the big picture into your reply.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...22&postcount=2

imgur:

https://imgur.com/

C'mon, help us to help you.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:53 AM   #9
nicholas
Scribe

Just in case .. Right click on the little red button on the left of the track panel, Make sure that input monitoring is on (ticked).
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote