Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #81
rich_h
Human being with feelings

I should add that the instructions now direct you to put the plug-in into you UserPlugins directory.

If you are an existing Windows user you should remove the previous version from C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins
rich_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #82
FaUs

De lujo, muchas gracias por la v.1.7,esta ultima parece que se mejoro mucho, ahora a darle caña a ver si le saco algo mas de partido.

¿ como se seleciona el canal 10 - 11 etz ?
FaUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #83
rich_h

Initially the first 8 faders and encoders affect channels 1 to 8. Fader 9 always affects the master channel.

To switch to channels 9 to 16 (and 17 to 24 etc), press Shift + Track >. To switch back, press Shift + Track <.

Cortesía de Google Translate:

Inicialmente los primeros 8 faders y encoders afectan a los canales 1 a 8. Fader 9 siempre afecta al canal principal.

Para pasar a los canales 9 a 16 (y 17 a 24, etc), pulse Shift + Track>. Para volver, pulse Shift + Track <.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #84
FaUs

Muchisimas gracias por la escelente explicacion, se agradece mucho.Me voy ya a traduccir el .pdf del plugin ya.

Last edited by FaUs; 11-25-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: añadir contenido
FaUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #85
montenegrasanovic

Hi Rich (and all!), Just got a new 2nd gen axiom 61. I'm a beginner in this area, with 3 questions, so bear with me..

1. As instructed in your PDF I'm trying to place the dll file into the subdirectory 'UserPlugins' .. problem is that the 'Userplugins' file is not there, and I can't find it anywhere. The closest equivelent I can see is the 'Plugins' file in the program files> Reaper file, or the file I have designated for my VST's. Any ideas?

2. There appears to be no installation instructions for the controller mapping program. I assumed you just double click the controller mapping program/setup.exe file after copying the dll file. I just thought you might want to clarify in the PDF!

3. Is this all I have to do for the axiom to be fully functioning, or do I have to install any of the Axiom drivers on the CD/M-Audio website?

I'm sure there will be others like me who would appreciate the clarification.. Looks like you've done a great job on the software, and I'm very excited to get it working! (after which a donation will no doubt be coming your way!)
montenegrasanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #86
rich_h

If you can't find the user plugins folder then it is ok to put it in Reaper's main plugins folder. What is actually showing when you select "Show REAPER resource path in Explorer/Finder"?

The setup.exe file is indeed the one to run.

If you are using Windows XP then I recommend installing the Axiom drivers as that gives each MIDI connection an identifiable name (makes locating the directlink ports a damn site easier!). Windows Vista, 7and 8 should automatically give meaningful names.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #87
montenegrasanovic

Thanks for the quick response..!

When I click "Show REAPER resource path in Explorer/Finder", it takes me to the 'User>AppData>Roaming>Reaper' file, with a bunch of files in it*, but none of them 'UserPlugins'. (*ColorThemes, cursors, data, effects, fxchains, grooves, keymaps, langpack, menusets, mousemaps, osc, presets, projecttemplates, queuedrenders,tracktemplates and a bunch of .ini files).

I have Windows 7, are you saying I actually shouldn't install the drivers, or that it doesn't matter? (I'll try it out without installing..)
Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #88
rich_h

Got a UserPlugins in that folder here. Must be an anomaly on your system. It should be fine just to create a folder of that name and put the plug-in in there. Otherwise, but it in the main program's Plugins folder.

You shouldn't need to install the MAudio drivers on Windows 7.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #89
montenegrasanovic

Hi Rich, I've been getting acquainted with the keyboard for a few weeks now, and just wanted to thank you for your effort.. It has increased my work flow no end!

It is suiting all my main needs in Reaper perfectly. And the Controller Mapper works very well too. I've been scratching my head a bit trying to think how I can best integrate Kontakt automation control onto the keyboard.. I actually posted in the Kontakt forum, which explains exactly what I'd like to do -

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...85#post1242085

(I'm still educating myself about automation!)

obviously I would love to hear if you've got any possible ideas, and just to hear your thoughts would be great. I understand if it is too big a task though, and i'm still hugely grateful!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #90
Sound asleep

I like how this directlink plugin works with my axiom for the most part, but the only thing I don't like is how my knobs behave.

What I would like to do, is to get all the knobs to basically just be empty assignable knobs to whatever VST parameter I want, which would automatically adapt when I select the right VST. And also, I would like my first 2 knobs to control selected track volume, and pan respectively.

Is this fairly easy to do?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #91
dk0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
What I would like to do, is to get all the knobs to basically just be empty assignable knobs to whatever VST parameter I want, which would automatically adapt when I select the right VST. And also, I would like my first 2 knobs to control selected track volume, and pan respectively.

Is this fairly easy to do?
Any references on how to accomplish this?
dk0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #92
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
Any references on how to accomplish this?
I once upon a time had it working like this. but without some of the directlink features.

Somewhere there is a thread with somebody explaining to me how to do it.

Couldn't find the thread.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #93
montenegrasanovic

Hi Rich, (and all),
after months of this control surface software working fine, I'm getting some annoying messages, so if somebody could help, that would be great.

1.) When I load up reaper, I normally go to control surfaces (in preferences), then select "Axiom DirectLink: Midi..." and double click to open the control surface settings, and click ok, and this normally establishes the control surface link up. Instead of this happening, now the axiom display says "545" and remains as the default axiom settings.

2.I next went into MIDI devices in preferences, where all axiom inputs were disabled. When I clicked to enable "5-Axiom 61 Midi in" (I don't know why it says 5) I get the following MIDI error message "The following MIDI inputs could not be opened: 5-Axiom 61 MIDI in"

Please help!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #94
wyzyguy

Hello,

I am late to the party... But very interested in the Directlink for Axiom.
Here are the stats of what I am working with

Mac OSX 10.9.2
Latest Reaper
Axiom 25 Mark II

Any guidance on what to download, where to put it & how to use it would be great. I am new to the midi controller but have some basic things working. I have not found much online that was educational about Reaper & the Axiom 25.. Until now...

Thanks in advance... Wyzyguy
wyzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #95
rich_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by montenegrasanovic View Post
Hi Rich, (and all),
after months of this control surface software working fine, I'm getting some annoying messages, so if somebody could help, that would be great.

1.) When I load up reaper, I normally go to control surfaces (in preferences), then select "Axiom DirectLink: Midi..." and double click to open the control surface settings, and click ok, and this normally establishes the control surface link up. Instead of this happening, now the axiom display says "545" and remains as the default axiom settings.

2.I next went into MIDI devices in preferences, where all axiom inputs were disabled. When I clicked to enable "5-Axiom 61 Midi in" (I don't know why it says 5) I get the following MIDI error message "The following MIDI inputs could not be opened: 5-Axiom 61 MIDI in"

Please help!
Are you definitely using the Axiom DirectLink ports? The Axiom 61 MIDI In would be the normal MIDI input from the keyboard itself, there should be additional input and output ports with DirectLink in their name.

If you have recently added new external MIDI gear (or removed some) this may have affected it - the MIDI ports selected are saved as an index into your list of MIDI devices, IIRC, so if the number of MIDI devices changes then there is a good chance that these saved indices become incorrect.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #96
rich_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzyguy View Post
Hello,

I am late to the party... But very interested in the Directlink for Axiom.
Here are the stats of what I am working with

Mac OSX 10.9.2
Latest Reaper
Axiom 25 Mark II

Any guidance on what to download, where to put it & how to use it would be great. I am new to the midi controller but have some basic things working. I have not found much online that was educational about Reaper & the Axiom 25.. Until now...

Thanks in advance... Wyzyguy
Download from here https://stash.reaper.fm/14437/reaper_...directlink.zip

Instructions are in a PDF file in the downloaded ZIP file.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #97
raff

Hi, I`m using windows 7 64 bit, and only 1.3 directlink version is working with reaper on my PC. Every higher Directlink version don`t appear in the list of control surfaces. Is there any solution for this, because I`d like to use improved version, with no crashes.

Last edited by raff; 06-19-2014 at 11:00 PM.
raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #98
Boot_me

Default original Axiom

Any idea if this will work with the original Axiom 25? Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 03:21 AM   #99
midimaniac

Similar question: will this work (completely) with the Axiom Air mini 32 II?
I've tried it with the latest directlink version (1.7) but only the volume faders are working.
Thanks

EDIT - I've forgotten: transport, stop and record are also working.

Last edited by midimaniac; 09-15-2014 at 12:37 PM.
midimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #100
Sound asleep

Guy who made this, if you look earlier, says specifically that it won't work with original, I don't know about the air though.

But even if direct link doesn't work, you could both maybe make use of this:

I came here to post vital information I finally rediscovered about the axiom.

You can set your pots to go plus minus increments, which is kickass amazing for pots, because that means that no matter where your fader, or pan pot or whatever is in reaper, given that there is no start or end on the axiom pots, you can just twist left and volume goes down or twist right.

Once you know how to do it, it's super easy. Idk, if this works across all axioms or not, but it's like 5 seconds to try.

First you hit the edit button, that's a button on the axiom for me. Then you hit ctrl select. That's the lowest D# piano key for me. Then twist the knob you wanna change. Then I hit the ctrl assign piano key, and now you would normally choose whatever cc value you want. Midi goes from 0-127, and you can choose any of those if you want, and specify a range within what cc values you let your control work within. But we will do things a little different for this. We will choose instead 147. Midi only goes from 0-127, but axiom has its own functions that go through until 255 I believe, and we will use 147, which is the plus-minus control. So, you choose that, and then you hit data2 piano key, this normally chooses the minimum value for your cc range I alluded to earlier, and then you would choose data3 after that for the maximum, but since we are in plus minus mode, it selects what midi cc you will use for that. So, use one you don't think you'll need. I used 3 from 46-48 for 3 knobs, for volume, pan, and width. Then you just open up your actions list, find the control volume of selected track option, and add key, and turn one of the knobs you changed, and there you go.

That was somewhat long because I explained it a bit, but I already wrote it down more simply for myself because I know I don't wanna forget this again.

Quote:
press EDIT, then you press ctrl select Key, then twist the knob you want, then press ctrl assign key, then press 1-4-7 keys, then press Data2 key and choose the cc value you want to use.
Now that I know this quickly and easily, and can assign any midi CC to any knob, and reaper understands all of it, I don't find direct link is all that crucial. What it adds which is kind of cool though, is you get feedback information from reaper, like track names and all that.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #101
Sound asleep

I would like to make some minor modifications to this. Nothing too fancy, but I'd like to be able to perhaps change how my rewind works (is there a separate hold button function?) and also switch a couple buttons to actions that more suit my workflow.

I'm just wondering though, how exactly to find the commands that reaper uses. I see that "ID_INSERT_MARKER" was used for insert marker command. How do I find those? Can I just put the cmd IDs instead?

Also, it would appear that I need to compile the code to create the .dll, which I assume requires some software, but I'm not completely sure which one, I think c++?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #102
Rebokinder

hi
thanks for the work on the driver! I used it for months and it was great ! Two days ago my computer crashed and i lost everything about reaper. i installed the driver again but it does'nt work anymore. I don't get it.
I can't have the axiom 49 direct link in the preferences control surface window. I only have midiin2 ou midiin 3.
I don't know what to do.
Any ideas of what i should do to make it work ?
Rebokinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #103
Paul_Debrione

Default Well I really didn't expect this to work!

Short story.

We've just moved and my space for my studio just got a lot smaller. So out went the big keyboard and I bought an original Axiom 49 for $100 on CL to see if I could live with the size. Actually, the truncated keyboard works just fine for what I do, but I hated the clicky noisy encoders. So back to CL and I found an Axiom Pro 49 for the princely sum of $120 and I firkin love this thing. As we all do I searched the Forums for all things Axiom Pro and I found out that Rich_H (PBUH) had written a Hypercontrol plugin for the Axiom II. Would it work for the earlier Pro?

Why yes it does!!

Well almost. I was stunned how easy this was and how solid it is. I've tested Everything that's obvious and it mostly works with the Axiom Pro.

The transport buttons work like they should although the pro doesn't have a shift button as far as I can see.

The display looks a bit odd with the abbreviated track name at the top (there's a lot more space on the Pro screen for messages) and then three columns by four rows of circles. And that's it for the display. Could this be corresponding to the numeric keypad. Macros or more functions?

F1 is the mode switch and it pages between track control and VST/FX control and it works fine.

F2/F3 Are track focus and work fine.

F4 is Mute current track and works fine.

F5 is Arm current track and doesn't work.

F6/F7 is bank select and doesn't work at all.

Faders map correctly to first eight tracks but don't do a soft pickup and don't show the DAW fader position on the keyboard LCD. As soon as you move a track fader the DAW fader snaps to the fader position.

Encoders run Pan for the fist 8 tracks in mix mode.

The buttons S10 to S17 are controlled by S18 under the 9th fader. pressing this button will put the other 8 buttons into either Sel(ect), Mute, Solo, ARM and CUST which produces another bit of functionality.

In CUST mode;

S10 doesn't appear to do anything.
S11 doesn't appear to do anything.
S12 decreases height of track.
S13 increases height of track.
S14 Does something just not sure yet.
S15 Undo
S16 Redo
S18 Metronome On/Off.

I don't know if the Zone/Grp button is of any use since the Hypercontrol seems to override it but I could very easily be wrong.

So to sum up. My $120 CL Axiom Pro thinks it's talking to ProTools when because of the genius of Rich_H (PBUH)it's actually behaving like a control surface in my copy of Reaper. I haven't even cracked open the Axiom Pro Manual. And Reaper, The Hyperlink plugin and the Axiom Pro have behaved impeccably all night. If there's a way to get the bank select working then this would be a working tool. I know that this project is old but if there's any way I can help or coerce you to help me get this functionality working I would be extremely grateful.

regards, Paul.

Ok, Postscript. I found that in FX/VST edit mode F6/F7 scroll through stored standard VST (FXB) patches. The keys are being read it's just that they didn't do what I thought they were going to do (hey it's late at night and I'm punchy)When in track mode the bank buttons are inactive. F5 the solo button is still inactive but I bet it's being read. And I read the PDF and saw about modifying action items. So that was a case of RTFM on my part, sorry.

Last edited by Paul_Debrione; 11-09-2014 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Didn't read simple instructions........
Paul_Debrione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:08 AM   #104
Paul_Debrione

Default he last piece of the puzzle ( I think)

This post is to Rich_H.

Thank you. Thank you so much, You've turned a $120 Craigslist controller that I bought because I needed a 49 key unit and turned it into a kickass control surface for Reaper. I was going to buy the new Behringer Motor 49 when it comes out next year but I think I'll be hard pressed to find a reason why. The Axiom Pro is working perfectly with your plugin and Reaper. I found the last piece of the puzzle tonight. The Solo key (F5) corresponds to the Shift key on the Axiom II. Hold down the Solo key and press the Track up key (F3) and the faders switch to channels 9-16. Press again and now we're at 17-24. Hold the Solo/Shift key and press the Mute key (F4) and you Solo the active track. Solo/Play insert markers just like you designed and I suspect all the other functionality works as well.

I have one issue that I've got to think a way around. In my music I do a lot of parameter change recording while I'm laying down a track. Never mind that I have to switch to VST edit to get to the encoders. Because they are being handled via HyperControl they don't throw off any MIDI data, so no parameter performance recording. I think probably my best solution is to pick up some small MIDI fader box to generate MIDI parameter data and map them via the FX Parameter list and link them via the Action List.

I can't expect you to think of everything. As It stands my Axiom Pro is a full on control surface working with my DAW of choice, A contribution will be coming your way very soon. Well as soon as I can get your Paypal info.

Once again, thanks.

Paul.

Ps. Never I.D'd the system.

Lenovo E20 Workstation
Xeon 3GHz H-Quad
12GB memory
2TB drives
Geforce 760 GPU
Big monitors
Old Lexicon Lambda
ASIO4All
Reaper V4.75/X64

P.p.s Everything Works.

Rich_H you are a gentleman and a scholar. Your control surface plugin works with the Axiom Pro perfectly. Donation sent.

Last edited by Paul_Debrione; 11-23-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Sent Donation.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #105
Paul_Debrione

Default Axiom Pro as a Reaper Control Surface (Yay!)

Ok, For anybody that's interested, I've worked with the Axiom Pro, Rich_H's Axiom II control surface plugin and Reaper for a week or so and here's some information that's useful.

The Solo button is the same as the Axiom II shift button.

The LCD faders do not indicate Reaper's current fader position. If you move a Reaper fader with a mouse it will not show up on the Axiom Pro (AP) LCD as have being moved (a little bar on the fader track), also soft pickup doesn't work. If the Reaper fader is moved and then subsequently the respective AP fader is moved the on screen fader snaps to the AP fader position. This can have tricky ramifications for automation.

Using Reaper 64 with the 64 bit version of the AP control surface plugin has issued with 32 bit VST's. The rotary encoders do not seem to communicate with the parameters on the VSTs correctly. They either just go immediately from max to min or they jump around. The linear faders work perfectly well. 64 bit VSTs work perfectly with both encoder types. If you switch to 32 bit Reaper and the 32 bit version of the plugin then the parameter update with rotary encoders work perfectly although I haven't tried a 64 bit VST in the 32 bit environment. I suspect it's something to do with communicating between a 64 bit host and the 32 bit VST shell, although saying that remember that the linear faders work fine.

The plugin doesn't support the Axiom Pro programmable numeric keypad. In Ableton and Pro-Tools the keypad gives you a further (at least) 12 function keys to trigger stuff with. The reason for this is that this plugin was written for the Axiom II not the Pro and the II doesn't have a keypad. I think it's bloody amazing that it works at all.

Changing parameters in real time does not get recorded in the take so twisting open resonance while holding down a key is not going to work. I suspect it's because the AP is communicating via HyperControl and not MIDI to Reaper so no MIDI data. However if you use the mod wheel and MIDI learn, that works. Also I suspect if you had a MIDI fader unit like one of the Korg Micro series, that would work also.

Ok, so why would you use this plugin faced with these issues above?
Simple, it's very stable and your Axiom Pro becomes a control surface for Reaper. You could do the whole thing yourself with MIDI mapping but that will take programming 124 MIDI entries and 4 patches to do 32 tracks (I've done the spreadsheet). And then you've got to set up all those entries in the Action List on Reaper and that's going to take a little time, remember there's no PC editor for the Axiom Pro. This is as simple as download the plugin, stick it in the Userplugins directory, turn on the keyboard and fire up Reaper, do the entries in the preferences and you're done.

The Mode button does a great job of switching between plugins on the active track and the encoders map to the plugins automatically once you've set the plugin up with the DirectLink Control Mapper. It's way more robust than MIDI Learn and you only have to do it once not every time you load the effect into a new project. This is really important! This feature alone makes living with the hassles above worthwhile.

Why am I bothering to write this? because The Axiom Pro is last years model and is going for silly money right now as people buy the next new shiny in the hope it's going to make them a better artist. I bought mine for $120 and it's as if it was made for Reaper. The Axiom II is just as good (The Pro looks cooler). They are both built solidly and I suspect are going to last for a goodly amount of time. And if I can get my hands on that source code I want to see if I can do something about the numeric keypad.

Peace.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #106
ankely

Reaperites,

Is there a way to get this to work with Mac OS 10.6.8?

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:59 AM   #107
playtimer

I want to thank again rich_h for his awesome work and I'm happy to report that DirectLink plugin works great in Reaper 5.0. Just make sure to place .dll into Reaper's installation directory/plugins instead of AppData/Roaming/Reaper.

Tested on Reaper 5.0 32-bit and 64-bit.
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 AM   #108
rich_h

Thanks for checking that, I hadn't got around to it yet so you've saved me a job

Still need to check it on Mac, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #109
sostenuto

Axiom Pro61 here and Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Reaper v5.0. Installed DirectLink 1st time this morning. Only ran 'Setup DirectLink for Reaper controller mapper.msi'
I will go look thru Folders, but do I still need to do something with .dll? I have not opened Reaper yet and want to do everything needed to cause best initial install and run. Basic stuff, but thanks in advance.

OK, dragged the zip file and here is what is now in Preferences. LOTS to learn, but trust this is initiated correctly?

Last edited by sostenuto; 01-01-2016 at 06:08 PM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #110
playtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFB37 View Post
OK, dragged the zip file and here is what is now in Preferences. LOTS to learn, but trust this is initiated correctly?
Yes, that's it and it should work fine if you follow the instructions and copy .dll file to Reaper's installation directory/Plugins. Make sure Axiom DirectLink is NOT enabled in MIDI devices. You want M-Audio Axiom default in/out enabled there
Old 08-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #111
sostenuto

@ playtimer ---- Really appreciate your prompt Reply! I will follow your comments and work from there.

Maybe there is a simple way to verify at least the install is proper and can continue on to set up desired controls? I tried the earlier text info from Posts in 2013/14 but no luck so far.

[EDIT] I do NOT want Axiom Pro 61 HyperControl In Enabled, right ? Is this only for PT or other DAW control provided with Axiom Pro?

[EDIT2] I must have err'd somewhere, as the latest Attachment image shows the only choices in Control Surfaces Preferences. No _ 'Axiom 61 DirectLink In or OUT' as shown in the User pdf instructions.

Last edited by sostenuto; 01-01-2016 at 06:08 PM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:19 AM   #112
playtimer

Hmmm... there should be Axiom DirectLink In/Out in Control Surfaces menu. And sorry, now I see you're on Windows 10 while I'm still on Win 7.

I had the chance to verify that original DirectLink driver works flawlessly in Reaper v5.0, but maybe rich_h can help with more info.

Cheers!
Play
Old 12-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #113
bladlus

Great stuff, rich_h, thanks a bunch!! The Mac version works great!

One thing that would make it even better is if it would automatically focus the plugin window that is currently selected by mouse. Would this be possible? I'd be so happy! It's too cumbersome having to press the INST-button to find the plugin that you want to adjust, so it's not feasible for me to use.
bladlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #114
Sound asleep

I noticed how at the beginning of the thread, rich_h was talking about how his earlier version was skipping data on encoders or something like that. If this makes the encoders rotate less for more input data, I would like this a lot. If it doesn't and someone knows how to improve that, so I can turn the knobs less for the same input, I would really appreciate that.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:51 AM   #115
frikazoid

Is there a chance to have the source files of the last version? I am using Axiom Pro on reaper 5.70 Windows 10 64bit, I can't get it working.
I connect the control surface, it shows something on the axiom LCD, like a small arrow following some points, then the buttons under the faders become illuminated depending on which track I choose, but apart from that nothing seems working.
Should I select a precise Bank from the axiom? Should I assign the other midi ports as a generic MIDI controller in Reaper?
Thank you for your work.
frikazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #116
DoobieKeebler

The virus lockdown inspired me to drag my Axiom49 out of the closet and finally get it setup properly. The instructions for the DL plugin were tough because my MIDI device names are different than in the readme. None of my device names say anything about DirectLink, they're named Axiom49 (for both in and out), MIDIIN2, MIDIIN3, and MIDIOUT2. The readme also cautions against enabling the DL devices in the MIDI Devices section which confused me for the same reason.

Ultimately I wound up with the ports named "Axiom49" "Enabled+Control" for IN and "Enabled+Clock" for OUT. Then in the Control Surfaces section, MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2 seem to be the correct ports. I don't know for certain that this is all correct, but I'm seeing track names show up on the LCD and F1-F8 buttons are selecting tracks and the sliders work for volume and the encoders work for panning.

Also, my DLL is in C:\Program Files\Reaper(x64)\plugins\ rather than the directory from "Show REAPER resource path".

Hope this helps anybody, n00bs like me especially.

____
Reaper 5.99
Win7Home 64bit
M-audio Axiom49 II
M-audio Fast Track Ultra

Last edited by DoobieKeebler; 04-08-2020 at 06:33 PM.
DoobieKeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:56 AM   #117
Beastmode Beats

Default This is the only code written in the dll file

265 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 268, 134
STYLE DS_SHELLFONT | DS_CENTER | WS_CHILD
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
{
CONTROL "MIDI input:", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 20, 5, 44, 8
CONTROL "", 1001, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 67, 3, 181, 105
CONTROL "MIDI output:", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 21, 18, 44, 8
CONTROL "", 1002, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 67, 16, 181, 105
CONTROL "Use standard CSurf rewind && forward functions", 1003, BUTTON, BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 68, 30, 169, 10
CONTROL "Custom Button Actions", -1, BUTTON, BS_GROUPBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 4, 38, 260, 92
CONTROL "Button 1 (F10):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 33, 52, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1004, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 87, 49, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 2 (F11):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 33, 67, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1006, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 87, 64, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 3 (F12):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 33, 82, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1005, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 87, 79, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 4 (F13):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 33, 97, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1007, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 87, 94, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 5 (F14):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 140, 52, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1008, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 194, 49, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 6 (F15):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 140, 67, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1009, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 194, 64, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 7 (F16):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 140, 82, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1010, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 194, 79, 40, 14
CONTROL "Button 8 (F17):", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 140, 97, 52, 8
CONTROL "", 1011, EDIT, ES_CENTER | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 194, 94, 40, 14
CONTROL "", 1012, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 139, 113, 65, 30
CONTROL "Default button mode:", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 62, 115, 70, 8
}
Beastmode Beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:07 AM   #118
rich_h

Missed all the above until now!

Ok, due to my previous backup system (i.e. none at all - 30 years in IT and you'd think I'd have learned my lesson earlier!) I think I've lost the source code, but there's a couple of memory sticks that _may_ have it on, so I'll find them and have a look later.

The encoder issue should be dealt with in all but the earliest version - every so often when turning the encoder one way they would send a value indicating a turn the opposite way, so I just wrote it to ignore any single value that was the opposite of the previous value. This only slows down the changes very slightly.

As for the MIDI port names, simply go to MAudio's website and look for this MAudio Axiom revision 2 MIDI drivers - they still work just fine under Windows 10 - and they will give you the actual port names.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:20 AM   #119
Beastmode Beats

reaper_csurf_axiomdirectlink.dylib was coded on a Mac OS using Cocoa, Apple's native object-oriented application programming interface (API) for desktop operating system macOS.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #120
Beastmode Beats

I'd like a copy
beastmodebeats@hotmail.com