COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
acf
Human being with feelings

Default no audio in playback. please help.

Hello. I no longer have sound during play back. I have signal in all my meters but no matter what I try I cannot hear playback. I am new to reaper and recording in daws in general but I have recorded several small experimental projects, using audio, midi and media and have had no problems until now. Tonight I recorded a 3 track audio project and was doing some mixing, both threw my interface with headphones and threw the computer speakers using direct out, trying to familiarize myself with the system and everything was fine, but now I have lost playback. I readily admit that I may have done something to cause the problem I just don't know what. Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by acf; 01-21-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
kachaloo2002

obvious -- but overlooked by me on occasion

plugins on master track

soloed tracks -- right click any solo button and select unsolo all, but this wouldn't seem to apply since you've tried other projects

master track assignments -- you've checked that

If the meters are showing signal I would guess you've got your interface set up correctly in options preferences

I have a babyface which has it's own mixer so sometimes that gets a little nuts . . .

others will have more / better idears

also are you using an interface and do you have other potential audio conflicts in windows (see device manager) managed?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
kachaloo2002

also reaper and / or babyface really hate my wireless networking so being online and working with the daw simultaneously is a no go for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
acf

Thanks for the reply and idea's. I am using a zoom r8 as an interface and have had no problems. The thing that I don't get is that I cant even playback with direct sound or waveout projects I've already recorded. this takes the r8 and its driver out of the equation. It seems to point to a routing error but as far as I know I have tried all configurations and still no sound. The sound card plays back with other media and software including my Cubase so that seems to eliminate the sound card or hardware issues. Its just happens in reaper. I'm out of buttons to push!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Ledge

You didn't plug the R8 into a USB 3 port by any chance?