Old 10-29-2023, 05:06 AM   #921
MartinTL
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Update to 1.06
Thank you, MPL, you are awesome! It keeps getting better and better, and thank you for being open for feature requests and feedback.

Here are some thoughts / feedback on the GUI, if you have time (aligning knobs vertically, moving all parameters past the blue line, and there is a vertical space-bug when deactivating - I like this extra space between parameters, maybe it could be the default):

Link is currently missing, and must be engaged from the Parameter Modulation window to be visible.

Docking: maybe this is a local bug for me, but the script won't dock anymore... I have tried reinstalling it, deleting it and installing it, but it won't dock. It seems to be the same docking function in SendFader, and that works fine - is it possible that I have some docking bug in a cache file somewhere?

Kind regards
Martin
MartinTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 11:23 AM   #922
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinTL View Post
Thank you, MPL, you are awesome! It keeps getting better and better, and thank you for being open for feature requests and feedback.
Try latest verion, also update Various Functions (for knob manual updates).
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 12:50 PM   #923
MartinTL

Quote:
Try latest verion, also update Various Functions (for knob manual updates).
It looks great now, this is a huge workflow / overview improvement for me, thank you so much!

A very small detail: the vertical spacing issue is still there: if you turn on Audio, LFO and/or Link, and then press 'Activate' to deactivate the modulation, there is extra space between each instance of parameter modulation. If all are engaged (LFO+Audio+Link) when it is deactivated, the space is 3x bigger.

EDIT: I deleted the cached info in reaper-extstate.ini and reaper.ini, and now the docking works.

EDIT 2: Is it possible to implement mouse scrolling? Now I can only scroll by dragging the vertical slider manually.

Last edited by MartinTL; 10-29-2023 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 12:26 PM   #924
mpl

Quote:
It looks great now, this is a huge workflow / overview improvement for me, thank you so much!
Made a few improvements for last version, see changlelog
Old 10-30-2023, 12:57 PM   #925
MartinTL

Quote:
Made a few improvements for last version, see changlelog
Nice, thank you very much!

Scrolling: the white dot on the scrollbar now moves when I scroll my mouse, but the window / view itself does not scroll.

Great that the spacing issue when deactivating is fixed! However, a little bit more (permanent) space between each instance of modulation would be nice (just a few millimeters between instances)

I like the new "clean selected tracks modulation" option. Maybe it could be relabeled "deactivate all modulation for selected track", since that is what's happening?

And this gives me ideas My biggest wish would be to be able store/recall for example a LFO setting (all parameters), and then to be able to recall it in another project. A "copy/paste LFO settings" inside a project would be great; to store/recall between projects would be amazing. But I am guessing this is close to impossible and way too much work to implement..?

Kind regards
Martin
Old 11-04-2023, 02:06 AM   #926
manthosdm

Default Variations for "List Random Impulse"

Hello mpl! Thanks for your amazing and ongoing work

Would it be easy to make two variations for the "mpl_List random impulse in directory for focused ReaVerb.lua" script?

So they would do... "List *previous/next* impulse (instead of random) for Reaverb on *selected track* (instead of focused)"

(it's obviously two commands, I fused them for brevity)

I would honestly do it myself if I knew how to get around scripting...

I aim to add them to toolbars and use them to scroll through cab IR's. Haven't found any other solution that would be more seamless!

Hope you find some time to have a look
manthosdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 05:12 AM   #927
Magnolius

Default Run Align Takes in a macro

Hello!

Thank you so much for providing this great tool!

I have a question, is it possible to run MPL Align Takes with fixed settings in a macro? I read earlier that there would be a GUI less version, but I can't find one. As of now I first have to click Yes to start the analysis and then adjust the little wheel manually. Is there a way to automate this so I can put it in to a macro?

Best regards
Magnus

I'm running Align Takes 2.27 in Reaper 7.02 in Linux Ubuntu.
Magnolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:40 PM   #928
mpl

Quote:
Nice, thank you very much!

Scrolling: the white dot on the scrollbar now moves when I scroll my mouse, but the window / view itself does not scroll.

Great that the spacing issue when deactivating is fixed! However, a little bit more (permanent) space between each instance of modulation would be nice (just a few millimeters between instances)

I like the new "clean selected tracks modulation" option. Maybe it could be relabeled "deactivate all modulation for selected track", since that is what's happening?

And this gives me ideas My biggest wish would be to be able store/recall for example a LFO setting (all parameters), and then to be able to recall it in another project. A "copy/paste LFO settings" inside a project would be great; to store/recall between projects would be amazing. But I am guessing this is close to impossible and way too much work to implement..?

Kind regards
Martin
Hopefully all mentioned things are fixed for 2.10

See mpl_Copy LFO settings from last touched FX parameter.lua / mpl_Paste LFO settings for last touched FX parameter.lua
Old 11-11-2023, 01:34 PM   #929
dna598

with the interactive toolbar is there a way to get it to behave like a regular docked toolbar tab?

For example, i tab left and right through the toolbars in the top toolbar with f1/f2.
When i arrive on the interactive toolbar, i can no longer tab through unless i manually click on a different tab.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #930
Soulshade

Hi MPL!
I have a small (i think) request:
You have a script "Rename selected tracks as first FX"
Is it possible to have it the other way around? I mean, rename the first FX as the Track name? It comes handy finding the right track in the mixer
Soulshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 06:04 AM   #931
Magnolius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolius View Post
Hello!

Thank you so much for providing this great tool!

I have a question, is it possible to run MPL Align Takes with fixed settings in a macro? I read earlier that there would be a GUI less version, but I can't find one. As of now I first have to click Yes to start the analysis and then adjust the little wheel manually. Is there a way to automate this so I can put it in to a macro?

Best regards
Magnus

I'm running Align Takes 2.27 in Reaper 7.02 in Linux Ubuntu.
Just an update on this. So I figured out that selecting a shorter area for processing would avoid the warning dialog. But I would love if there was a way to run it with a fixed "wheel"-setting as a single action. Maybe an action to run the script with the last used settings or something.

Magnus
Magnolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:41 AM   #932
Burnsjethro

I asked this question in another post. Hopefully, someone can help me here.
I open align tracks, choose two tracks, click Get Ref, click Get Dub but when U click the strengh button nothing happens. It remains greyed out. Any ideas please?
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:32 PM   #933
MartinTL

Quote:
Hopefully all mentioned things are fixed for 2.10

See mpl_Copy LFO settings from last touched FX parameter.lua / mpl_Paste LFO settings for last touched FX parameter.lua

Thank you very much for the last update, MPL, it works great! With the Modulation Editor docked and a toolbar with parameter modulation scripts, the workflow is so much better.

Only thing I am noticing, is a delay / bug when switching between tracks and effects (it takes a little while for the editor to hide / show the parameter modulation for the focused track of effect).

Kind regards,
Martin
Old 12-14-2023, 01:51 PM   #934
strachupl

I took your script:
Script: mpl_Toggle solo for selected FX.lua
and used free ChatGPT to modify it:

Code:
-- @description Cycle through and solo next FX in chain using SWS action
-- @version 1.3
-- @author MPL, ChatGPT 3.5
-- @website http://forum.cockos.com/member.php?u=70694 

function main()
    local actionID = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_S&M_SELFXNEXT")

if actionID ~= 0 then
        for i = 1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
            local track = reaper.GetTrack(0, i - 1)
            if track then
                local FX_cnt = reaper.TrackFX_GetCount(track)
                if FX_cnt > 1 then
                    -- Get the index of the currently selected FX
                    local current_selected_FX = reaper.TrackFX_GetChainVisible(track)

-- Calculate the next FX index
                    local next_FX = (current_selected_FX + 1) % FX_cnt

-- Bypass all FXs except the currently selected one
                    for j = 0, FX_cnt - 1 do
                        reaper.TrackFX_SetEnabled(track, j, j == next_FX)
                    end

-- Use SWS action ID to select the next FX
                    reaper.Main_OnCommand(actionID, 0)

break
                end
            end
        end
    else
        reaper.MB("SWS action '_S&M_SELFXNEXT' not found.", "Error", 0)
    end
end

reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
main()
reaper.Undo_EndBlock("Cycle through and solo next FX using SWS action", 0)

I wanted it to cycle through FX chain and solo next FX always and it seem to be succes. I post it here so maybe you can attach it to your ReaPack or if not somebody maybe would like to use it.

strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 01:33 PM   #935
NickT

Default Align Takes GUI?

Hi,

I was wondering why I can't get the Align Takes script to run the newest GUI?

I've tried everything I can think of. I still get a low res interface.

Running Win 10.

Thanks for your help!

NickT

MusiciansCollaboration.com
NickT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 06:46 AM   #936
PitchSlap

Default Randomize FX Parameters

I use Randomize FX Parameters quite a lot (great script!), and noticed a quirk while demoing Newfangled Recirculate.
Oddly it has UI Scale as an automatable parameter so the GUI size changes between 50-400% every time.

I went to add it to the filtered parameters, but had forgotten the list is space separated words so was wondering the proper way to handle multi-word parameters?
quotes or + don't seem to work.
In this case "ui" works (unlikely to be many other params starting with those letters), but "scale" has a lot of possible uses.

I made a quick attempt to modify it to ; separated allowing more precise filtering but still need more troubleshooting.

Also I noticed a minor typo on line 470 (3 should be 4), though I think it's only cosmetic.
local globfiltstr4 = 'Keywords3: '..DATA.extstate.CONF_filter_Keywords4str
Old 02-07-2024, 12:02 PM   #937
fourdogslong

With the Script: mpl_Create FX send from selected tracks (custom).lua
is there a way to tell it how to name the track?
Right now it names them Fx 1, 2, 3...
fourdogslong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:27 PM   #938
tkna

Default Toggle recarm on track under mouse cursor on multiple channels

Hi MPL! I want to use your "Script: mpl_Toggle recarm on track under mouse cursor.lua" with multiple channels. How can I do that?

Screencast: https://0x0.st/Hn52.mp4
tkna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:50 PM   #939
Burnsjethro

Sorry to hijack this thread (I've already asked this question before but did not get any reaction). I add align takes to a track and am told analysing will take a long time do I want to proceedand then I end up with the screen shown in picture. I have no idea what to do next.

I have three headings Ref, Dub and this horseshoe shape which is greyed out (I have the impression I was able to use the shoe in an earlier version, which was not the version you see in the picture). Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Last edited by Burnsjethro; 02-20-2024 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:13 PM   #940
Burnsjethro

I now see how I started off on the completely wrong foot.
I should have selected two tracks. This is an improvement. I now have a coloured screen with transients under the grey screen (with green colour) on the left.

All those instructions in the right-hand pane are still there, much to my mystification, with the heading "preset default" underneath which is is "settings" but I have no idea how to adjust or apply the transients!

I tried to upload another picture but apparently I have exceeded my allowance. How can I delete previous uploads?
Old 02-20-2024, 02:19 PM   #941
Burnsjethro

Found how to delete attachments but can't attach picture (which is an update version of the one I sent earlier) as it is too big, apparently!
Old 02-20-2024, 03:16 PM   #942
Burnsjethro

I see that stretch markers have been added to the second track underneath the main, so I suppose I am getting warmer. I imagine I can move them manually but that's not the purpose of the device, is it? When I open dynamic split, the transients applied to the track there are the same as the ones from align takes!
Old 02-20-2024, 09:06 PM   #943
tkna

Default Re: Toggle recarm on track under mouse cursor on multiple channels

Commenting out `reaper.ClearAllRecArmed()` seems to do what I expect.
Screencast: https://0x0.st/H5H8.mp4

I was told by MPL on the Telegram channel listed at the beginning of the thread.
If you are not getting a response, please consider this.

If you have attachment size restrictions, I recommend using https://0x0.st or similar.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:16 PM   #944
tkna

I imagine that he is using Telegram to get a stable communication environment, probably because the policy changes in his country and other countries and operators can easily make this forum page and various domains inaccessible.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:32 AM   #945
Burnsjethro

Thanks very much for replying tkna but that all looks a bit sophisticated for me.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:00 AM   #946
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I use Randomize FX Parameters quite a lot (great script!), and noticed a quirk while demoing Newfangled Recirculate.
Oddly it has UI Scale as an automatable parameter so the GUI size changes between 50-400% every time.

I went to add it to the filtered parameters, but had forgotten the list is space separated words so was wondering the proper way to handle multi-word parameters?
quotes or + don't seem to work.
In this case "ui" works (unlikely to be many other params starting with those letters), but "scale" has a lot of possible uses.

I made a quick attempt to modify it to ; separated allowing more precise filtering but still need more troubleshooting.

Also I noticed a minor typo on line 470 (3 should be 4), though I think it's only cosmetic.
local globfiltstr4 = 'Keywords3: '..DATA.extstate.CONF_filter_Keywords4str
Thanks, fixed a typo.
I also add "_" to space filter string replacement, so for 2.02 try "ui_scale" (all the filter words are always lowercased)
Old 02-24-2024, 12:11 AM   #947
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsjethro View Post
I see that stretch markers have been added to the second track underneath the main, so I suppose I am getting warmer. I imagine I can move them manually but that's not the purpose of the device, is it? When I open dynamic split, the transients applied to the track there are the same as the ones from align takes!
Hi. Usually on default preset:
- all greyed out - items aren`t selected or they are not under each other
- align points don`t shown in the script - probably the audio content is too quiet
- stretch markers are generated on dub item, but not changes - move the wheel knob (from the right side from Get Dub)
- after wheel move stratch markers are still at their initial position - probably material is already in sync or you have to change seek area (navigate for Right parameters panel - Audio Match Algorithm - Brutforce search area - increase it a bit, too high values can make CPU usage higher when calculating and worse audible results after).
Old 02-24-2024, 05:09 AM   #948
PitchSlap

Quote:
Thanks, fixed a typo.
I also add "_" to space filter string replacement, so for 2.02 try "ui_scale" (all the filter words are always lowercased)
Thanks a bunch for the multi word support. It'll help a lot!

A couple other thoughts came to mind:

I wonder about auto-loading presets when the name matches the FX name?
FX name "Diva" automatically loads a preset named "Diva" for example.

Related to above: a mode that excludes or adds parameters as they're (last) touched.
i.e. start with all parameters filtered with an init preset, quickly touch all controls you want to randomize, everything else is ignored.

Or load a generalized VSTi or FX preset, then click the unique parameters that should be excluded for that specific plugin.

This seems super fast vs. keyword filtering.
In either case a preset could be saved with that FX name and each time you want to randomize it, the desired parameters most likely to give the best results for each FX are active by default.

If getting the last touched parameter is a pain, modifier-click to remove (filter) would also be pretty helpful now that multi-word support can filter precise param names...
Old 03-06-2024, 09:58 PM   #949
Jerok

Hey MPL
Thanks for your hard work,

I’m looking at finding a way to right klick a track and add a new send track to that track
I found out about your mpl_Add receive track from selected track.lua

Now here is a question
I will this do what I’m after and can it be combined or modes so it works as follows
I right klick a track and klick on press to creat a new send to the selected track, now I want the FX browser window opens for the new send track so I can add the send fx to the new send tracks

Rock on.
Jerok is offline   Reply With Quote