Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #41
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Please tell me you are still working on this, this is the ultimate theme so far!
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #42
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Please tell me you are still working on this, this is the ultimate theme so far!
Definitely continuing on. Pan sliders and getting them positioned correctly has put a bump in the road I'm trying to climb over. These dual pans have thrown A monkey wrench at me since I know the code to adjust one pan slider where I would have thought it would have just been the same just a different defined Walter command to adjust the other of the dual pan controls but unfortunately
that would have made things too easy for a programming hack like me. ��

Below is the current obstical hold up. Looks like I got more docs to read as if the other 5 I've been referencing weren't already enough.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=257578

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-17-2021 at 06:09 AM.
Rednroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:51 AM   #43
Rednroll

Ok, MCP pan slider monkey business figured out. Should start progressing more quickly now.

Gonna put this code right here for future reference:

Code:
;----------- Pan SLIDER WIDE START ---------------------------------	
set mcp.pan.fadermode [0] ;[0]=Slider [1]=knob ; Pan Slider

set mcp.pan h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] h_der{x}>300 [5 70 79 10 0 0 0 0] [5 55 79 10 0 0 0 0] ;Pan Slider Single [med] [small]
set mcp.pan.label h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] h_der{x}>300 [31 80 41 16 0 0 0 0] [31 65 41 16 0 0 0 0] ; Pan Slider Single label [med] [small]

set mcp.pan h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] trackpanmode>=4 h_der{x}>300 [5 57 79 10 0 0 0 0] [5 42 79 10 0 0 0 0] ;Pan Slider Dual Top Slider [med] [small]
set mcp.pan.label h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] trackpanmode>=4 h_der{x}>300 [31 65 41 16 0 0 0 0] [31 50 41 16 0 0 0 0] ;Pan Slider Dual Top Label [med] [small]

set mcp.width h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] trackpanmode>=4 h_der{x}>300 [5 83 79 10 0 0 0 0] [5 68 79 10 0 0 0 0] ; Pan slider Dual bottom slider [med] [small]
set mcp.width.label h_der{x}<sml{x} [0] trackpanmode>=4 h_der{x}>300 [26 92 41 16 0 0 0 0] [26 77 41 16 0 0 0 0] ; Pan slider Dual Bottom slider [med] [small]

set mcp.pan.label.color trackpanmode==6 [117 156 125] [170 170 170] ;[TOP] [BOTTOM]

;---------------- Pan SLIDER WIDE END ------------------------
Yeah! MCP Pan Sliders
Old 09-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #44
Rednroll

Default FX Rack Expand on Select

I finished up adding Pan Sliders in the MCP Mixer section.

One thing I really dislike in the majority of the mixer options is how the FXs rack takes up so much screen space vertically when you resize the mixer vertically. I was trying to figure out a good way to limit that size of the FX rack which sits on top of the fader section in the MCP so when you resize the mixer vertically it would expand the fader/meter section more but was really struggling to come up with a good solution.

Here's what I came up with instead and am thinking of making this a default mixer load out behavior as well as modifying the other MCP layout options to do the same.

It hides the FX Rack but then expands it to the right of fader section upon selecting a track. When deselecting the track it hides the FX rack.

I was able to add this function by modifying one line of code in the rtconfig.txt file. Still need to tidy up a few other items but I'm really digging this.

Check this out and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-18-2021 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #45
Rednroll

Ok, I fixed a few things so other elements are resizing properly during expand/collapse.

Here's a comparison showing the behavior of the new expandable FX rack MCP faders compared to exact same Fader where the FX rack is on the top of the fader section.

Check this out! The Mixer now behaves much more like Vegas but with the added benefit flexibility of Reaper. #Win/Win!

I'm going to work on getting the same type of behavior for some of the other MCP's including the default and when I get that completed I'll uploaded a v.3 release for everyone to check out.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:38 PM   #46
Rednroll

v.3 is Live!
Major changes to the MCP Mixer Fader Layout options.
- Now has Pan Sliders in MCP
- Added an FX Rack Expand on Selected(EoS)Tracks Feature

The benefits to EoS is that it allows you to expand the mixer section vertically so you can get extended VU meters and Faders which I typically find more important than viewing 18 FX slots. While at the same time you can keep the width of the mixer channels narrower so you can see more faders in the mixer view while still having quick access to the full FX Rack view by just clicking on the channel if you prefer to work with the full FX rack viewable. As an added bonus, if for some odd reason 18 FX slots weren't enough for you to view on a channel at once, the FX rack is now able to expand out to 30 slots.

See image below or in Post#2 for the collection of MCP Fader options. Pan Sliders, Pan Knobs, FX Rack Always viewable, FX Rack out of your way, Long meters and Faders, short meters and faders, Long/Short Pan Sliders, Wide Channels, Narrow Channels....I think I got most preferences covered in the MCP mixer section layouts. Going to move onto the Master Mixer section and TCP layouts next to add some Pan sliders there as well.

I also fixed some Pan knobs that I broke in the MCP mixer section from the previous release.

Enjoy! Let me know your thoughts. Love it? Hate it?

v.3 Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FH...ew?usp=sharing

Highlights of this release update:

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-18-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:07 AM   #47
pipelineaudio
Mortal

KILLER!!!!
Old 09-23-2021, 11:05 PM   #48
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Something weird is happening to the track names in the MCP when there are folders
https://i.imgur.com/wiXPSIQ.png
Old 09-24-2021, 06:09 AM   #49
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Something weird is happening to the track names in the MCP when there are folders
https://i.imgur.com/wiXPSIQ.png
Thanks! I will check to see what's going on. I noticed the MCP Master were messed up and have been working on fixing those as well.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:54 PM   #50
GrizzlyAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
THEME TITLE: Commala in Vegas on Acid
"Reaper is a good program but it seems like it was designed by scientists for scientists, where only the scientific types enjoy working in it which isn't me."
"Reaper seems like a good program but it's the ugliest DAW I ever tried out so far."
"I've tried out Reaper and the theming options makes it look much nicer on the surface but once you go below that surface skin and start using it, it's still an ugly Reaper underneath where the themes I tried
are like putting lipstick on a pig." "It's nice how Reaper can be fully customized but to learn how to achieve a lot of those customizations will take much more effort than I'm willing to invest,
I just want to dig in and create music, not spend a year on eventually customizing Reaper to where I feel it should be out of the box.
HaHa. I've heard/thought/said most of this myself. Reaper is a love/hate relationship for me. Hey, yet here I am...
GrizzlyAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:12 PM   #51
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAK View Post
HaHa. I've heard/thought/said most of this myself. Reaper is a love/hate relationship for me. Hey, yet here I am...
LOL! And this evolved into my RiVOA theme deep dive development.

Getting ones head wrapped around Reaper's paradigm of how most every function and menu item inside of Reaper is tied to an underlying "Action" which is listed under multiple Actions menus is key to fully understanding Reaper's capabilities.

That's the reason I decided to create a multitude of toolbars and icons to include with the RiVOA theme since looking at 1000s of listed actions under a menu isn't a very intuitive way to work and getting to know all of Reaper's keyboard shortcuts, mouse modifiers, combined with the SHIFT, CTRL, ALT modifiers is a pretty steep learning curve as well. But making a selection and clicking on a button to perform a task isn't so bad when you're first learning the app, which will further grow into more easily identifying the keyboard shortcuts since the KB shortcut is displayed when you hover your mouse over those buttons.

At least that's my perspective of it.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:34 PM   #52
Rednroll

For anyone else finding this thread, the continuation of this has evolved here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=275596

Now 3 years in the making doing this as a part-time hobby.

Looking back at my original post, I now have to laugh at these comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
[B]
3. My intent is not to make a lot of drastic changes but more so to focus on the little things that I feel could use some improvements to make it more user friendly to the Vegas, Acid and Sound Forge user.
4. I really like the Commala 5 theme, why not start with something you already like and is already 80% complete to meet your personal preferences?

SUMMARY:
In summary, my current plan is not to make drastic changes to the original Commala 5 theme but more so along the lines of tweak enhancements as well as including a lot of other Reaper customizations which seem to be outside of a standard theming focus and .ReaperThemeZip packages.
There's still some similarities with my RiVOA theme to the Commala 5 theme but at this time 90% of rtconfig code has been re-written and 90% of the images revised.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-30-2023 at 08:45 PM.