Old 04-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #801
nofish
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirrex View Post
Automatically navigates to the selected track.

Hi guys!
When I connect my controller (iCON Platform M+) via the Ripper MCE https://i.imgur.com/XU0d6Gw.png
my faders automatically move to the track I chose.

32 tracks. Select track 16 > fader automatically move and I see this channel in Controller.

When I connect my controller (iCON Platform M+) via the Klinke v0.8. I don't have that option. There is no automatic switch.

32 tracks. Select track 16 > fader don`t move and I don`t see this channel in Controller. Only manual switching allows you to switch to the desired channel (track) - "Bank" or "Channel" button.

How can I setup this? How do I set up an automatic transfer to a track?

Thank you.
Where do you select the track, in Reaper or on your controller ?

If the first, you probably need to enable the 'Follow Reaper' option.
From the manual:

nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:27 AM   #802
Zirrex

nofish, yes. Select the track, in Reaper.

Thank you for guiding me. I'm trying to figure it out, but I don't know how to open those settings.
https://i.imgur.com/cE5n3eU.png

I am trying to translate Guguli translator instrukciju, but also do not understand.
Could you describe the step-by-step instructions, please? ;-)
Zirrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #803
LugNut

Hi,
Holding shift and option..MCU buttons...calls up that display.
Good luck.
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #804
Zirrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Holding shift and option..MCU buttons...calls up that display.
Good luck.
My iCON don`t have this button.

If I understand correctly, I can assign these keys through the menu of Actions?
https://i.imgur.com/1ke4NdN.png
Old 04-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #805
nofish

Do you have 'Shift' button at least on your controller ?
The Option button can be substituted by your computer keyboard.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #806
nofish

Quote:
My iCON don`t have this button.

If I understand correctly, I can assign these keys through the menu of Actions?
https://i.imgur.com/1ke4NdN.png
Ah yes, it works, I just tried.
Forget my above post.

Run action "Mackie Control Klinke: Shift modifier (button)" then run action "Mackie Control Klinke: Option modifier (button)" (or press the buttons / keys you've assigned to these actions) and you should see this in your display:

Then you can change the settings by moving your VPots.

Last edited by nofish; 04-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #807
Zirrex

Default I am Happy. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Run action "Mackie Control Klinke: Shift modifier (button)" then run action "Mackie Control Klinke: Option modifier (button)" (or press the buttons / keys you've assigned to these actions).
Thank you! We did it! https://i.imgur.com/4VAwG1A.jpg
It seems now I'm beginning to understand the algorithm of operation and output of these menus.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #808
nofish

Nice! Have fun.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #809
poetnprophet

Hi, is there a place to get the older 6.4 version so I can use 2 surface devices?
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #810
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi, is there a place to get the older 6.4 version so I can use 2 surface devices?
Yes.

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #811
poetnprophet

thanks!
Old 10-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #812
ZeeByeZon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Hi, I'm probably missing something obvious, but I cannot figure out how to git clone the source. I can't find the git URL...
ZeeByeZon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:41 AM   #813
Klinke

There is a button "Clone" in the upper right corner. But here are also the urls:

ssh:
git clone git@bitbucket.org:Klinkenstecker/csurf_klinke_mcu.git

https:
git clone https://Klinkenstecker@bitbucket.org...klinke_mcu.git

As far as I know the project can't be loaded in Visual Studio 2017 (but I havn't tested it by myself, I still using Visual Studio 2010 as I only use it to build the project and edit the files externally).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #814
Gass n Klang

I got my QCon Pro G2 and an EX G2 today. I'm now checking out the different scripts and their advantages (reaper, klinke, csi). Is there any chance to get klinke working with the extender? seems like that would be the perfect solution for me.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:02 PM   #815
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
I got my QCon Pro G2 and an EX G2 today. I'm now checking out the different scripts and their advantages (reaper, klinke, csi). Is there any chance to get klinke working with the extender? seems like that would be the perfect solution for me.
Funny.. I was just looking here to see the same as just added a 3rd set of 8 mcu based controllers for 24 faders

I seem to recall klinke doing a version that added a workaround for this version only supporting 1 controller. I'm looking for it too and will post if I find it again.

On the other hand, there is an older version klinke did (6.4 I think) that is pretty good still and supports multiple controllers. might be worth using that for now, that's what I'll be using if I can't get this one working with 3 controllers.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:44 AM   #816
Gass n Klang

yes I found that solution with the previous version. Is there somewhere a feature list to see the differences between both versions? I just know that folder mode won't work, which is a heavy drawback. This feauture allows to handle big projects easily but for me 8 faders aren't enough, even in folder mode. I often have much bigger projects that needed at least 2 or even 3 banks in some folders.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:54 AM   #817
Monroy

Anyone know something about new release of Klinke?
Monroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:30 AM   #818
Gass n Klang

I'm really excited. Klinke did an awesome work! In the meantime I use my second controller to show me sends and receives from the selected channel. So I get a better overview of what's going on without the need of clicking the "send" button.

One thing I didn't find out yet (I have a QCon Pro G2): The channel names are shown nicely. Is it somehow possible to show panning values in the line above?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-01-06 11.27.36.jpg (60.3 KB, 390 views)
Old 01-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #819
musicbynumbers

Quote:
yes I found that solution with the previous version. Is there somewhere a feature list to see the differences between both versions? I just know that folder mode won't work, which is a heavy drawback. This feauture allows to handle big projects easily but for me 8 faders aren't enough, even in folder mode. I often have much bigger projects that needed at least 2 or even 3 banks in some folders.
Apart from using the bank shift button to shift 8 channels so that the second unit is offset. The old 0.6 version is probably best to use.

As for managing large amount of tracks, I do this via hiding and showing items in the mixer view in reaper as you can set the mackie to follow what's visible in the mixer.

I even have lots of sws "custom actions" set up that do things like "show all child tracks of the selected parent in the mixer" and can even combine this with a SWS reaconsole search function to show say only my drum tracks (and it's parent buss track too)

Can even show just busses this way too.

I've then set up a toolbar with these show/hide actions in it for fast recall.

I use specific names though on group/buss/folder tracks to do this though.

I name my folders stuff like "=drums" or"=guitars) so that I can then quickly just show all busses by showing only tracks with "="in them.

Not perfect but pretty cool
Old 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #820
poetnprophet

Quote:
I wrote a bunch about all the different versions relative to my Qcon ProX and XS setup. After all that, I'm still using CSI because it has the most flexibility and most of the features I need. If Klinke's would be updated with extender compatibility, I might not even need to look at CSI, but it doesn't and I am.

Not only does folder mode not work in 0.6, you can't access the send feature because there is no SEND button on the Qcon and also doesn't have these functions as Reaper actions so no way to access that feature at all! SIGH!

But you can have all this in CSI, if you can figure it out. Plugins, sends, automation control, and probably anything you can dream of.

to be fair to Klinke's great work, we are all asking Geoff to incorporate some of these features, like folder mode for example. Pretty brilliant.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:02 AM   #821
PeterV

Default Extender offset: where to adjust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
No, this doesn't work. In the stock MCU support there exist already this global offset parameter, but I removed the support (and therefore the option from the Control Surface dialog) when I worked on 0.8.
Hi i searched for this, but can't find it:
I use a ICON QCOnProG2 and recently bought the EXG2 extender. But i can't find where to adjust the offset.

Hope there is a solution, because now i'm looking at 2 times the same 8 faders :-)

I've got another question too, in the display, i always see 6 stripes that change into volume when you touch it, and underneath the trackname. Is there a way to make these stripes display something else, untill they are touched? Like more fonts for the track name?

Thanks in adevance, i'm quite a noob in this so, don't get mad if i'm asking for the obvious please! :-)
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:51 AM   #822
Gass n Klang

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
But you can have all this in CSI, if you can figure it out. Plugins, sends, automation control, and probably anything you can dream of.
I didn't really find out how to get CSI working. The only thing I could use were faders, rec, solo, mute, select. I didn't find enough information about the setup.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #823
poetnprophet

I hear you, it isn't easy but once you understand it you'll see there's a lot that can be done. If you have more than 1 surface, it's really the only way to go right now.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #824
Klinke

Here are some answers to the different questions:

Quote:
You can check section 1.2 of the manual. I think the most important features are the Folder-Mode, Anchors and the Quick Jump feature. I my opinion the combination of this features allows a great navigation even with in big projects, even better then working with extenders without those features.

Quote:
One thing I didn't find out yet (I have a QCon Pro G2): The channel names are shown nicely. Is it somehow possible to show panning values in the line above?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
I've got another question too, in the display, i always see 6 stripes that change into volume when you touch it, and underneath the trackname. Is there a way to make these stripes display something else, untill they are touched? Like more fonts for the track name?

The original Mackie Control use this line to display the level meter, which isn't support by some other controllers (as the QCon Pro G2 has an dedicated level meter, this is a comprehensible design decision). You can activate the "No level meter" option in the Control Surface Settings, then it shows the dB values. But there is no way to show the panning values, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
Hi i searched for this, but can't find it:
I use a ICON QCOnProG2 and recently bought the EXG2 extender. But i can't find where to adjust the offset.

Hope there is a solution, because now i'm looking at 2 times the same 8 faders :-)
In v0.6.4 you should find the offset in the Control Surface Settings dialog (which are opened via the Reaper Preferences dialog).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroy View Post
Anyone know something about new release of Klinke?
I plan to release a new update end of this quarter, but don't expect anything big.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #825
tomo34

Hi, is any chance to make Klinke for OSX ? I'ts really great plugin.
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:23 AM   #826
Skijumptoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo34 View Post
Hi, is any chance to make Klinke for OSX ? I'ts really great plugin.
I highly recommend DrivenByMoss:-
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206610
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #827
Emelowsky

Quote:
I plan to release a new update end of this quarter, but don't expect anything big.
Does anyone know anything about the "Klinke MCU" update?
Emelowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #828
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelowsky View Post
Does anyone know anything about the "Klinke MCU" update?
I tried to create pressure on myself with this post, but failed miserable :-( I'm sorry for that, but other project (like https://github.com/klinkenstecker/CARBON) does have a higher priority for my current needs. But I still plan to do an update with some new features, it's "only" postponed (again).
Old 05-28-2019, 03:07 AM   #829
Emelowsky

Quote:
But I still plan to do an update with some new features, it's "only" postponed (again).

Ok, we are also waiting

And by the way I have one more question:
The latest update of the drivers for Icon Qcon Pro X caused that on my display, which is a two-line, the names of tracks went to the bottom row and the line which displays the volume (the one with vertical lines changing into volume) went to the top row.

It would not be a big problem if it was not for the fact that all my plugins are assigned to the controller and normally faders were assigned the bottom line and Vpots upper - now this has changed and the bottom displays parameters for Vpots and the top for faders. It is a bit annoying and confusing. The question is it possible to do something about it too?
Emelowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 AM   #830
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelowsky View Post
It would not be a big problem if it was not for the fact that all my plugins are assigned to the controller and normally faders were assigned the bottom line and Vpots upper - now this has changed and the bottom displays parameters for Vpots and the top for faders. It is a bit annoying and confusing. The question is it possible to do something about it too?
I think you should contact Icon and request to undo this change or make it optional. The MCU specification is pretty clear about what is the text for the upper and lower row, so switching the rows is IMHO not a good idea.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:30 AM   #831
Skijumptoes

You haven't hit the flip button by mistake have you?
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #832
klouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltarian View Post
does this still use the juce cross platform library or is it something new? (mac user here)
any solution for mac users ?

I've tested it on PC, it's awesome !

tks
klouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #833
themixtape

Has anyone figured out how to make the jogwheel scrub or job by bar/measure? I checked Preferences / Playback... no idea how to get it to perfectly scrub by bar. It's always in sync every 3 measures. From start (0.0.0), it syncs up at bar 4, bar 7, bar 10, bar 13, etc. Tested with X-Touch, X-Touch One, and the original Mackie Control Universal (the all-dark grey one).

Driving me nuts. There's got to be a way.... or something I have set wrong. Please let me know, thanks again!
Old 10-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #834
Zirrex

Quote:
I tried to create pressure on myself with this post, but failed miserable :-( I'm sorry for that, but other project (like https://github.com/klinkenstecker/CARBON) does have a higher priority for my current needs. But I still plan to do an update with some new features, it's "only" postponed (again).
Klinke, WOW... Cool.
You and Geoff Waddington our only hope in integrating the controllers into the Reaper.
Don't leave us, please. :-)

Last edited by Zirrex; 10-18-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #835
blumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Has anyone figured out how to make the jogwheel scrub or job by bar/measure? I checked Preferences / Playback... no idea how to get it to perfectly scrub by bar. It's always in sync every 3 measures. From start (0.0.0), it syncs up at bar 4, bar 7, bar 10, bar 13, etc. Tested with X-Touch, X-Touch One, and the original Mackie Control Universal (the all-dark grey one).

Driving me nuts. There's got to be a way.... or something I have set wrong. Please let me know, thanks again!
+1 on jog wheel by measure.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:06 AM   #836
mschnell

Quote:
You and Geoff Waddington our only hope in integrating the controllers into the Reaper.
To me it's a rather weird waste or manpower that there are two (in fact there are at least two more, e.g. "Moss") projects with more or less the same goal.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:03 AM   #837
Ad0

I could also code
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #838
Steviebone

Default Reaper, screensets and control surfaces

disregard
Steviebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:13 AM   #839
rmusmeci

Default Problems with nanoKONTROL2

Hi there,
I don't know if this issue was already been adressed, so forgive me in case.
I have a nanokontrol2 and I always have this problem. Any time I move a slider, the track becomes selected and this is an issue in case I try to move more than a slider at time, because the faders in Reaper start moving really slowly.
Is there a solution for this matter?
Thanks for helping me and thanks a lot to Klinke that made this really useful extension.

Last edited by rmusmeci; 03-12-2020 at 08:33 AM.
rmusmeci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:06 AM   #840
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusmeci View Post
Hi there,
I don't know if this issue was already been adressed, so forgive me in case.
I have a nanokontrol2 and I always have this problem. Any time I move a slider, the track becomes selected and this is an issue in case I try to move more than a slider at time, because the faders in Reaper start moving really slowly.
Is there a solution for this matter?
Thanks for helping me and thanks a lot to Klinke that made this really useful extension.
Hi,
Do you have the reaper option "auto record arm selected tracks" enabled? That may be a problem.
Also does the answer in post 801 above help at all?
Its been awhile since I used my MCU ,but I don't remember multiple fader movement on MCU selecting multiple tracks. To select a track, I would have to hit my select button on the track on my MCU.
I think you need to adjust some option in klinkes to disable track selection just by moving a fader on MCU.

Bona fortuna!

Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote