Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
6stringvince
Human being with feelings

Default Sampletank 2 not loading help

Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle! I've been using Reaper for a few months, strictly for audio recording, and I love it, but I decided to make the plunge in to the world of midi by purchasing IK Multimedia's "Total Workstation 2", and I'm about to give up on the setup process. I've loaded Sampletank 2, and I can get it to work fine as a stand alone, but Reaper is just not finding it (not in the plugins folder, and not showing up in scans). I've tried "insert new instrument on midi track", and nothing there, I've also downloaded a sample template, and that didn't help. I'm not sure if the plugin format is not recognized by Reaper? When I first loaded Sampletank 2, the installation process asked what DAW I was using, and Reaper was not on the drop down menu list, so I picked "Other". I'm suspecting I should have picked Cubase, so it would load as VST files? I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times since then, but it never leads me back to that menu!
HELP!

My setup is OSX 10.6.8, Akai LPK25 controller (working fine with Sampletank stand alone), and Line 6 Pod X3 as interface (again working fine with standalone).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Vince
6stringvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
6stringvince

Default Addictive drums gone as well

From bad to worst!!! I've been using Addictive Drums with Reaper, and now that seems to have disappeared as well!! In the middle of all this mayhem I did an update to Reaper 3.75, hoping it might fix my Sampletank installation problem, I wonder if that killed AD somehow??!
Sometimes you just can't win!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
bluefonia

First go to the IK website>user area>downloads and download/install the latest versions of all the instruments included in the bundle, - this will probably do the trick.

By the way, - is it only SampleTank that gives you problems?

EDIT 1: Open SampleTank standalone version and on the upper left side open the "I"/info tap. It should say vers. 2.5.5. - if not you need an update.

EDIT 2: Have you checked if the instruments are installed in your pluginfolder(s)?

Last edited by bluefonia; 08-21-2011 at 01:11 AM.
bluefonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
6stringvince

Thanks for your help... I've got it all solved, I deleted Reaper and reinstalled the beta version, and just like magic, everything reappeared and is working fine.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
bluefonia

Okay, and good luck with your future work