Old 02-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default Track offset visible on MCP / TCP

HI, is there any change we could get the track offset, that is now visible on the rounting window, available on the mixer (bottom) and TCP ?

I think this should be very handy when doing for example instruments alignment withou the need to open the routing window.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Klangfarben

Yup +1. Many people asked for this when it was first introduced. Really would like to see this happen.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Joe90

Agreed, that would be helpful.

FWIW, I use mpl's interactive toolbar, and he recently updated it on my request to include track offset. I keep it docked at the top of my main arrange page as it shows a whole host of useful stuff, like current grid value and swing amount, item states such as loop/preserve pitch, and, when a track is selected, it shows the current offset amount for that track (and you can alter it from the toolbar with a mousewheel scroll, without opening the routing window).

Thinking about it now, I'm not sure I could have even made the transition from Reaper without that toolbar... simple things like the global grid value and swing amount should be instantly viewable without digging through a submenu in my opinion.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #4
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Agreed, that would be helpful.

FWIW, I use mpl's interactive toolbar, and he recently updated it on my request to include track offset. I keep it docked at the top of my main arrange page as it shows a whole host of useful stuff, like current grid value and swing amount, item states such as loop/preserve pitch, and, when a track is selected, it shows the current offset amount for that track (and you can alter it from the toolbar with a mousewheel scroll, without opening the routing window).

Thinking about it now, I'm not sure I could have even made the transition from Reaper without that toolbar... simple things like the global grid value and swing amount should be instantly viewable without digging through a submenu in my opinion.
Indeed, a default well arranged toolbar should be provided at the top! But since its so customizable i agree with cockos of keeping things simple. Not a big deal.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #5
Buy One

or at least an option to expose it on the TCP like FX parameters
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
or at least an option to expose it on the TCP like FX parameters
That would be awesome too!
Old 04-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #7
smvwhite

+1 for this idea.

Scoring with sample libraries with sample delays is onerous opening up the routing window to turn negative playback offset on or off.
Running scripts to turn on and off beneath buttons works but can't see the active status of the offset.
smvwhite is offline   Reply With Quote