Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #2041
andyp24
Human being with feelings

Are there still plans for a v2.5 release of this?

Bose has gone very quiet. Hopefully he's just busy.

A.
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #2042
Stimulus

Where do I find or how do I get up the Route icon on the TCP for this theme, the one for sends? I've been though all of the track layouts. I only have Labelling and Record / Input Monitoring, FX, Track Envelopes, Panning and Track Input bar.

Thanks!

Last edited by Stimulus; 06-27-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Stimulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #2043
benf

I think the elements commonly used are in the main folder. Did you search there ?
Old 06-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #2044
Crashwaggon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulus View Post
Where do I find or how do I get up the Route icon on the TCP for this theme, the one for sends? I've been though all of the track layouts. I only have Labelling and Record / Input Monitoring, FX, Track Envelopes, Panning and Track Input bar.

Thanks!
If I understand you right it's not showing in the TCP?
If I remember right I think it's hidden by default when you have the mixer open/docked. Just use the theme adjuster to change that.
Crashwaggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #2045
Stimulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashwaggon View Post
If I understand you right it's not showing in the TCP?
If I remember right I think it's hidden by default when you have the mixer open/docked. Just use the theme adjuster to change that.
Yeah sorted thank you.
Stimulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:14 AM   #2046
fudduf

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Are there still plans for a v2.5 release of this?

Bose has gone very quiet. Hopefully he's just busy.

A.
Fully acknowledging that he owes us nothing, he is pretty active over at GS so this is likely just not a priority, with v2.1 being good enough for his own use.

I too was hoping for v2.5, as I'm a Windows user and wanted the "full experience" without jumping through any hoops. I hope he will finish it eventually, but totally understand if he just leaves it as is.
fudduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:08 AM   #2047
andyp24

Good to know he's still active in other places.... at the moment when someone disappears off a Forum suddenly, you start to worry about them a bit.

I totally agree Bose owes us nothing, and I'm certainly not complaining. If 2.1 is the last version, fine, it's still perfectly good enough for me to use daily.

I just wondered as Bose had hinted a few months back that 2.5 might be out in a couple of weeks and then all went quiet.

A.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:40 AM   #2048
Phlexter

Ok just tried to install it and make it look like on the pictures....I failed...sticking with the default LOL
Phlexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #2049
Markdude

Agreed with the comments above. I'm still pretty happy with it even though everything's a bit smaller than I'd prefer. Those screenshots with the larger elements are incredible though. By far the best looking DAW aesthetics I've ever seen! Would love to get mine looking like that.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:15 PM   #2050
zcyh_147

Thts is so good!! Thx dude!!
zcyh_147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #2051
Msf

Default play icon appears bluury

IDK why but the play,record and global automation appears blurry
Msf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #2052
Msf

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Smooth is released for free. If you use this theme and would like to say thanks/donate, I've just released my first EP (which was delayed about 6 weeks due to creating smooth, hah!), any support would be much appreciated!

There's no minimum, you can choose whatever amount you feel is right. If you enjoy atmospheric/dark/uplifting electronic (and sci-fi - read the story!), you may even enjoy it :¬)

Donate: Rozko - Iridescent on BandCamp

13/02/2020: Smooth V2.1 with standard/1080p support is released!

Please follow the 3 step installation guide (fonts, theme adjusters and theme files).

- 1080p support
- Windows versions (new/fixed fonts)
- Dark variation
- New MIDI Keyboard

*** The contents of the image list (“Image List”) contained within _LICENSE.TXT within the Smooth_6.reaperThemeZip is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License under the following terms ***

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

Note: Once Smooth 6 is 100% finished and has been out in the world for a little while, I'll change the license to allow modifications. Until then, feel free to modify for your own personal use.

Scaling/Graphic problems? Font issues? Read the FAQ at the bottom of this post

Note: Large images! Select the REAPER 5 theme in the drop down in the footer of this page for automatic scaling

Default TCP (A) :

Full 4K link

Close up:

Note the stereo and dual pan on tracks 2, 3 and 7. Tip: The pan dial always has a silver dot in the centre, and a central top dot marker. The width dial has neither for better differentiation.

Fader (B) and big meter (C):

Alternative TCP (personal favourite):

Close up:

Enable the alternative TCP design via Options > Layouts > Track Panel > 150%_A Alt TCP:

TCP Master:

Note the FX parameters also.

Alternative TCP Fader (B):

Select via Options > Layouts > Track Panel > 150%_B Alt TCP

Envelope lanes:

Default MCP:

Full 4K link

Close up, showing various element states:

- Collapsed folder (tracks 6 and 15)
- MCP separators (available via Mixer layout options)
- FX, routing, mute, solo, phase and envelope states

Coloured Faders:

Select via Options > Layouts > Mixer Panel > "150%_A red/blue/green" etc

Coloured separator icons and active transport buttons (record, play, repeat):

Full screenshot using a different Reaper layout:

Full 4K link

MIDI:

Installing/Using Smooth 6

Download: Smooth 6 V2.1.zip (Fonts, Theme Adjuster and Theme files).

(Click the Open button top right, then select Download.)

**** MANDATORY ****

For the theme to work properly, you MUST follow these steps properly.

First, extract Smooth 6 V2.1.zip. It contains three numbered folders, which correspond to the below steps:

Step 1: Install Fonts

1) Install the two fonts (four files, Regular and Bold for each) on your system. Choose the Mac or Windows folder depending on your Operating System.

Step 2: Install Theme Adjusters

1) Open Reaper, select Options > "Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder..."

2) Navigate to Scripts folder, then the Cockos folder which is contained within it.

3) Move/copy "Smooth_6_theme_adjuster.lua" and the other three files into the Cockos folder.

Step 3: Install Themes

1) In the main Reaper resources folder, navigate into the ColorThemes folder.

2) Copy the four Smooth theme files into the ColorThemes folder.

Step 4: Set Default TCP Height

The theme was designed for a specific track (TCP) height.

1) Go to Preferences > Project > Track/Send Defaults and set Default Track Height to SMALL:

Done. Go to Options > Themes and then choose Smooth (for Mac) or Smooth_Windows (for Windows). They are both light themes, and have _Dark variations.

Note: I don't like the phase button to be visible on the TCP. If you need to reveal it, just increase the track height, e.g.

Highly Recommended: Theme Adjuster Settings

If you love the look of the screenshots, copy these settings:

Note: If you use TCP meters (Layout B) make sure you use the same settings as shown above.

I've also created a default set of colours for Smooth:

Highlight tracks via MCP or TCP and click the colour on the strip to assign it.

Which translates to:

On that note...

Highly Recommended: Optimised Colours

While you can use any colours you like, the theme was designed with specific values in mind. Use a colour dropper on the SMOOTH colour palette (2 images above) to save them, or use these codes:

Code:
Colour #hex [RGB]
------------------------------
Red	#e4514e [228 81 78]
Orange	#d27831 [210 120 49]
Yellow	#beb24a [190 178 74]
Green	#529646 [82 150 70]
Teal	#45968c [69 150 140]
Blue	#437acb [67 122 203]
Indigo	#7f75e3 [127 117 227]
Violet	#a766c8 [167 102 200]
Highly Recommended: MCP Folder Icons

If you want these nice folder icons/actions:

Just click the 'i' icon on the master track and select Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children.

Big thank you to all the people who helped, especially PhelixK and synkrotron. Also Mordi, otsoa, Odys and lastly White Tie (amazing job coding WALTER, V6 theme structure and the Theme Adjuster).

P.S. If you're a fan of coloured MCP FX/send lists (I'm not, hence they're disabled by default) I've hidden an easter egg:

To enable it, you need to unpack the theme (there are guides on this forum), go to the 200 folder and remove the 'colour' extension from these files...

1) mcp_extmixbg.png.colour
2) mcp_extmixbgsel.png.colour

Remember to back the original files up first :¬)

FAQ

Does it support HiDPI?

Yes, it supports HiDPI and Retina.

Does it support 1080p?

Yes.

I'm a Windows user and the fonts are too big!

Select Smooth_6_Windows (or the Windows_Dark version) from the Options > Theme menu.

Does this theme work with the Theme Adjuster script?

Yes, the theme comes with it's own adjuster scripts that are available in Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster.

I get missing file errors when loading the Theme Adjuster

See "Step 2: Install Theme Adjuster" in the installation guide above. Make sure you place the file in Scripts/Cockos folder.

Can I hide/show TCP elements?

Yes, via the Theme Adjuster.

Does this have MCP separators?

Yes, access them via Options > Layouts > Mixer.

Any plans to replace the toolbar icons?

Maybe.

Will this work on dual screens that are HiDPI and 1080p?

Yes

The transport font is weird!

You must install the custom fonts.

How do I get coloured fader-caps layouts to automatically appear?

Use the SWS Autocolor/Icon/Layout extension; set the same shade of green used in Smooth for your drum tracks, then in the MCP Layout column of that screen, enter: 150%_A green (or whatever layout you want to use). Repeat for each colour/layout. Then under options, make sure "Auto-Track Coloring" and 'Enable Auto Track Layout" are enabled.

Thanks to PhelixK, synkrotron and Odys for the coding help. Also Mordi, glymur, otsoa and FunkyBot.

Big thanks to Ideosound for help with the 1080p conversion.
when setting the transport layout at 150% the playback,global automation,record button gets blurry
Msf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:18 AM   #2053
Migelius

Almost the same problem that was described above. Win10. Error only one file. I'm attaching a screenshot of the location of the files. I'm asking for help.

Migelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #2054
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msf View Post
when setting the transport layout at 150% the playback,global automation,record button gets blurry
No need to quote the entire first post just to ask a one sentence question.

There's no 150% layouts for this from what I recall. It's 100% or 200%. Those in between layouts will not look right.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #2055
talibanbajan

Default how to make text readable like in default theme 6

how to make text readable like in default theme 6
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (46.5 KB, 422 views)
File Type: png 1.png (47.2 KB, 351 views)
File Type: png 3.png (27.0 KB, 345 views)
File Type: png 44.png (45.5 KB, 347 views)
talibanbajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #2056
Greg Savage

Oh this nice. Can the Sequencer (both) be adjusted to a lighter color from the theme adjuster or your adjuster script?
Greg Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #2057
kmplsv

Beautiful. You're an absolute madlad.
kmplsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #2058
hardold

I finally found theme better than default, thanks man!
hardold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #2059
Rusty Falcon

Agreed. I try different themes now and then but come back to this one. It meets my needs and is easy on the eyes for hours and hours.
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:57 PM   #2060
ivansc

Still a shame that b0se seems to have moved on a bit...

I was getting ready to donate & start using smooth or clear6 & the lack of participation by b0se has sorta put me off. Shame, as it is a nice theme as-is.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #2061
vsthem

Are there any ways to make a theme's TCP tracks more narrow? The only thing I wish I could do to improve this theme would be to have an option to display more tracks at once when dealing with high track count sessions (80+)
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:19 PM   #2062
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Are there any ways to make a theme's TCP tracks more narrow? The only thing I wish I could do to improve this theme would be to have an option to display more tracks at once when dealing with high track count sessions (80+)
I modified my rtconfig file to do just that. Works great!
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #2063
vsthem

I've done some very minor tweaks on other themes, but its been more of a trial and error thing, rather than a "I understand how this works" thing. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd really appreciate it.

Right now, I have a Smooth 6 Folder, with all the pngs and whatnot, but I have a few different options for the actual theme, and I'm currently using Windows Dark. Is the windows dark theme connected to the contents inside the Smooth 6 folder? The theme file itself is only a few kb, so the content has to exist somewhere. But, changes I make inside the rtconfig (inside the smooth 6 folder) don't seem to be affecting the windows dark theme when I reload it.

Any tips on this? (trying to make tcp tracks more narrow for high track count sessions).

Thanks all!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #2064
Markdude

Wanted to bump this thread one more time and see if anyone knows if it's possible to get the layout to look like the screenshots on the first page when using Windows 10 and a 1440p monitor.

On my system, the tracks and channels are much smaller than in the screenshots and all the different scaling methods (theme configuration, Reaper UI options, Windows scaling options, selecting 150% or 200% channel styles) have glitches or drawbacks (e.g. 150% seems to use the lower resolution graphics but simply enlarged and thus blurry, 200% causes really bad issues with text).

I absolutely love the way the theme looks in those screenshots but its potential is being held back by being so small on my system.

Last edited by Markdude; 08-25-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #2065
_TIP_

Wow what a beautiful theme!!! This theme looks great but the default layout is translating weird in my 4k screen (4096x2160). Is there a workaround to make this theme look right? Thanks!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #2066
giankam

Hi, this theme looks great.
please is there a standard definition version? or is it available only for 4k monitors?
Thanks
giankam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:14 AM   #2067
andyp24

I really enjoyed using this theme on my previous computer setup, which was a 5k retina iMac and a second 1080 screen.

However I've now switched to a Windows PC with two 4k monitors and it's just not working properly at all.

I've installed the fonts etc according to the instructions, but at the default sizes the text for track names is totally unreadable (it's like it's 10x the size of the box so I only see little bits of letters). If I use the 150% scaling, it's all readable, but the tracks are too big for me.

Very disappointing if I have to abandon it and go back to another theme, but unless it's fixable I'll have to do that.

Any ideas please?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #2068
JayJSE2

Quote:
but at the default sizes the text for track names is totally unreadable (it's like it's 10x the size of the box so I only see little bits of letters)

Any ideas please?
I'm pretty sure that the theme editor still works and you can adjust font sizes there and then save over the theme.
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #2069
andyp24

Not working for me.

With the TCP layout at 100%, setting the 75% font size in the Theme Adjuster is a little too small, 125% is a little too big, and 100% is absolutely massive so all I see in the track name box is some really thick lines which are tiny parts of huge letters.

Seems like a bug somewhere.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #2070
JayJSE2

Quote:
Not working for me.

With the TCP layout at 100%, setting the 75% font size in the Theme Adjuster is a little too small, 125% is a little too big, and 100% is absolutely massive so all I see in the track name box is some really thick lines which are tiny parts of huge letters.

Seems like a bug somewhere.
Sorry, got the wrong name for what I was talking about. It's "Theme development/tweaker" in the actions menu. You should be able to set the specific font sizes for all the different fonts in the theme. [just remember to click "save theme" when you're done]
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #2071
makko

Thanks for AWESOME theme! Probable the best Retina themes out there

I would like to make insert and sends slots bigger. Now it's too small.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 19.55.58.png (8.4 KB, 221 views)
makko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:33 AM   #2072
b0se

Just dropping in for a quick update :¬)

As you know it took me *weeks* of solid work to design and update Smooth (not to mention support and maintenance), which took me away from my true passion - producing and mixing music. I had to step away for that reason.

Once the EP I'm working on is done, I'll get 2.5 released with the dark modes. The good news is that I now run Mojave so can test dark mode myself, something that was holding me back previously.

Glad people are still enjoying the theme!
Old 09-09-2020, 02:47 AM   #2073
synkrotron

Quote:

As you know it took me *weeks* of solid work to design and update Smooth (not to mention support and maintenance), which took me away from my true passion - producing and mixing music. I had to step away for that reason.

Once the EP I'm working on is done, I'll get 2.5 released with the dark modes. The good news is that I now run Mojave so can test dark mode myself, something that was holding me back previously.

your priorities are in the right place
Old 09-09-2020, 02:52 AM   #2074
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
your priorities are in the right place
It's been amazing being back into music again!

Hope all is well :¬)
Old 09-10-2020, 12:49 AM   #2075
fudduf

Quote:

Great to hear, thanks for the update!
fudduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #2076
ivansc

Glad to hear from you, B0se! I`ll be buying you a beer, then...

Just bought the album for a puny $6.50 - hope this isnt too low for ya.

Last edited by ivansc; 09-10-2020 at 12:57 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:07 AM   #2077
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudduf View Post
Great to hear, thanks for the update!
:¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Glad to hear from you, B0se! I`ll be buying you a beer, then...

Just bought the album for a puny $6.50 - hope this isnt too low for ya.
Thanks very much!
Old 09-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #2078
kindafishy

Quote:

Totally enjoying it. It's my standard from now on. Took over from WT Imperial for me. Old dual 1600 x 1200 monitors here. It is a thing of beauty.

Again, thanks so much for your work on this. You likely don't know the depth of appreciation that folks feel towards you .
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:39 AM   #2079
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Totally enjoying it. It's my standard from now on. Took over from WT Imperial for me. Old dual 1600 x 1200 monitors here. It is a thing of beauty.

Again, thanks so much for your work on this. You likely don't know the depth of appreciation that folks feel towards you .
Very kind - thank you :¬)
Old 09-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #2080
Not_Here

Quote:

Even I having put in a fair amount doubting my ability to do something as simple as installing and using this theme, LOVE IT!

I have been using it for a good few months now, and it just works and looks superb. SO much so, that I tried going back to what i thought was my favorite v5.95 setup using my "old favorite" theme and template. and i cant even near to look at it.

6.0 and Smooth all the way! Thanks to you - every time I start a new work session!