Old 12-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
tootoobee
Human being with feelings

Default Font/letter size

Hi there,

is there any way to increase the overall text size in Reaper including the FX?

I already choose all "large" options in the layout but the text (font size) remains (far too) small...

Anne

PS: 27'' Retina display
tootoobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootoobee View Post
Hi there,

is there any way to increase the overall text size in Reaper including the FX?

I already choose all "large" options in the layout but the text (font size) remains (far too) small...

Anne

PS: 27'' Retina display
Hi Anne. Are you familiar with the Theme Tweak Window? Go to the Action list and search 'tweak' in the filter box, and click on Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window. Once there you see all the tweak options available. Go down the list and any one that's for font check to see if it is one you want to enlarge. Click on it and change the font size. Note that when you customize the interface this way the font will creep out of its intended location if it gets too much larger. After you've done a few and are satisfied go to the upper right Save Theme box in the tweak window and save with a new name. You can always revert back to default.

Hope it helps. One thing you should try is to check out the free themes in the Resources area. There may be something that works better for you and have larger fonts and also enlarged to match name areas on the objects, so the text will still be in the right place.

edit: Forgot about the Advanced UI/system tweaks. In the first window of Prefs/General at the bottom left, click on Advanced UI/system tweaks. This may or may not give you what you need but it's easy to go back. Check "Scale UI elements" and change the 1 to 1.5 or 1.75 and restart Reaper. You may need to rearrange your screen. To go back just change it back 1 (or hit the reset) and restart. You don't have to restart with the basic theme tweak window or with themes, but with this you do.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 12-07-2016 at 11:22 PM.
vdubreeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #3
onno

Location: currently Mozambique but that's subject to change. Co owner of a property in England
Default Changing Font Size

Hi all

I have searched and scoured but still cannot find the answer to how to change the font size of the track number. Not the track title, that's under Action list/theme/theme dev: show theme / get drop down menu for theme color &font settings (which must be where the answer lies) but then I get Volume & pan label font after scrolling; then track title font and then Walter font 1-16. I changed all of them one by one but none changed the size of the track number.

I'm so frustrated; can anyone help? Much appreciated
onno is offline   Reply With Quote