pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #242
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
How do you update if you already paid?
Hi, and thanks for your support!
Just grab it from the Reaper Stash server, or through the Donation & Support Page.
Both downloads contain same updated files. If the fonts are already installed, only the updated CSIX ReaperTheme (rev.1.1) and the Custom Theme Adjuster script (v1.02) is needed.

– I truly appreciate any donations, and it is important to say that downloads from the donation page isn’t a paid sale, but a personal contribution to support and motivate the continuous development of CONCEPT SIX - BASIC. The theme is free to download from Stash server and also from the external page where the amount can be set to zero.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #243
Hafer

Tried. Convinced. Donated.

Keep it going, it's great.
Hafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:23 PM   #244
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Sure, it's done now. Did you get the full zip, or you want me to send it to you?
I just noticed this, thanks so much. I hope no hard feelings, I was a moron
over clicking stuff, and now I feel bad because you are such a good sport.

You don't need to send me anything, and nope, I didn't get the full zip at all.
(Didn't expect to, since I wanted a refund).

Mate you give me hopes for this humanity, that's all I can say. Bow to you.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #245
Not_Here

Just left as much as I was able as a donation. Grabbed the theme from your site.
Dayyyyyuuummm it looks killer. I have to play with it for a bit to give it a full assessment.

I cant wait to see what you'll be adding....

i was wondering though if I recieved an old .zip

inside CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC / 6_Theme_rev_1.1
is CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC.ReaperThemeZip

Is this the updated 1.1 or is it a previous BASIC version?

Just Curious...

Not complaining, just making sure I'm doing this correctly...

Peace!

EDIT: Dang.... answered my own question because "somebody" thought to put the version number displayed in the lower right corner of the Master...

2nd Ed: I like the thumbs lit up when I'm adjusting the Stock plugs - finally a bit of color there....

Last edited by Not_Here; 05-14-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: sp
Not_Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:34 AM   #246
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafer View Post
Tried. Convinced. Donated.

Keep it going, it's great.
Hi Hafer, awesome thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
I just noticed this, thanks so much.
Ok cool, you can always donate later if you feel like it
Just a quick note on refunds: This was really an exception, because ppal is charging yet another absurd fee for the new transaction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Here View Post
Just left as much as I was able as a donation. Grabbed the theme from your site.
Dayyyyyuuummm it looks killer. I have to play with it for a bit to give it a full assessment.

I cant wait to see what you'll be adding....

i was wondering though if I recieved an old .zip

inside CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC / 6_Theme_rev_1.1
is CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC.ReaperThemeZip

Is this the updated 1.1 or is it a previous BASIC version?

Just Curious...

Not complaining, just making sure I'm doing this correctly...

Peace!

EDIT: Dang.... answered my own question because "somebody" thought to put the version number displayed in the lower right corner of the Master...

2nd Ed: I like the thumbs lit up when I'm adjusting the Stock plugs - finally a bit of color there....

Thank you very much! I put a lot of effort into adding these things

And good you found the release number, also you can check the version number of the present custom Theme Adjuster. Both installations are important for the theme functionality.

Additional information can be found in the full documentation and should contribute to an overall good experience. Apart from following this forum thread intensively, remember it is possible to sign up for updates on the donation page to receive small email notifications. Not all revisions will be announced and will depend on what or how much has been changed.

How to locate CSIX version numbers

Old 05-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #247
thermos

Quote:
Hi, and thanks for your support!
Just grab it from the Reaper Stash server, or through the Donation & Support Page.
Both downloads contain same updated files. If the fonts are already installed, only the updated CSIX ReaperTheme (rev.1.1) and the Custom Theme Adjuster script (v1.02) is needed.

– I truly appreciate any donations, and it is important to say that downloads from the donation page isn’t a paid sale, but a personal contribution to support and motivate the continuous development of CONCEPT SIX - BASIC. The theme is free to download from Stash server and also from the external page where the amount can be set to zero.

I think you should update folks who donated via email or something, as currently I have no way of downloading the non basic version without paying again. Even if I enter 0 in PayPal checkout, it says 5 or 10 euros. Loving the theme!
thermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #248
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I think you should update folks who donated via email or something, as currently I have no way of downloading the non basic version without paying again. Even if I enter 0 in PayPal checkout, it says 5 or 10 euros. Loving the theme!
Hi thanks for letting me know. I only aware of one other person who had same trouble setting the value. If the mouse pointer isn't working I believe the keyboard up/down arrows should work. Anyway, the updated files on Stash are the same, just get it from there.

Because of GDPR (and my respect) only those who have actively signed up will receive notification about updates.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:23 PM   #249
Not_Here

FWIW I am really diggin the Mixer! Have it on 3440 x 1440 full screen. Its back a ways between monitors. Looks very slick and clean - like almost under black glass.
Tcp goes on the 17" laptop and is perfectly done to continue the "look".

signed up for updates too.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #250
juan_r

I was looking around for some nice alternative theme (I'm on default for lack of commitment) and I came across this. I like it a lot, but it has a couple of glitches.

1. It would be nice to have the faders in the TCP align, even for items in folders, for easy referencing at a glance.

2. The Panpot label in some cases goes off to the right. It happens when resizing the TCP.

juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #251
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
I was looking around for some nice alternative theme (I'm on default for lack of commitment) and I came across this. I like it a lot, but it has a couple of glitches.

1. It would be nice to have the faders in the TCP align, even for items in folders, for easy referencing at a glance.

2. The Panpot label in some cases goes off to the right. It happens when resizing the TCP.
Hi juan! thanks for your interest and the screenshot,

In concern of indention and alignment in the tcp panel you’re not the only one wishing for a better solution. I notice some of the skilled programmers have already made modifications and other solutions are also in the works. I will try see if I can change it for this theme as well, perhaps as a combination of different methods.
– check new Theme Adjuster (available with Revision 1.2): TCP page > > Align Controls > Extend Name

About the labels I also agree, and already tried a few things but without much better result. Would be nice if they could have a ’sticky’ behavior, always close to the adjustment.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-08-2020 at 05:31 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:04 AM   #252
grandfougue

Thank best them for v6 But i dont have a goode vision and the visual return for mute solo fx button an vue metter are to low for me. It s possible to push up the contrast for activated button an vue metter please ?
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:17 AM   #253
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Thank best them for v6 But i dont have a goode vision and the visual return for mute solo fx button an vue metter are to low for me. It s possible to push up the contrast for activated button an vue metter please ?
Hello!
If you mean the VU meter bars, you may try switch off the interlaced setting in the Theme Tweaker, this will result in stronger appearance. If you mean the blue VU readout value, then it is not so easy to change, I'm afraid.

In track controls, the solo/mute buttons are not extremely dominant and for different reasons, however in the mixer they have an extra outline for little more visibility. This is all by design and not something I will change for this theme variant.

* Remember, if you tweak the theme, and save it as a “_Tweaked” theme, you also need to duplicate the “CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC_theme_adjuster.lua” and rename the dup with the same name; “CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC_Tweaked_theme_adjuster.lua”. Otherwise it will no longer be recognized by default, or recall settings correctly. Edit: This is no longer relevant. New Theme Adjuster and Reaper themecheck function (v6.11) automatically pairs with the parent ReaperTheme.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-15-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:39 AM   #254
grandfougue

Thanks i'm going to test that, have good day.
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:00 PM   #255
talustalus

Hi

I love this theme. however I am experiencing a strange issue where I switch between my saved screensets, and while the track layout setting is 'blank' for each one, I still get a very minimalist track layout (for example, routing button disappears) for 2 of my screensets. Only one of my screensets brings it back. Please see screenshots attached.

It should have the same track layout between them, because I don't specify any other track layout setting.

Edit: attachments were too large, let me work on it. But the problem is as described above.

Edit2: resized screenshots, now attached properly.
Attached Images
File Type: png concept_track layout issue1).png (30.6 KB, 192 views)
File Type: png concept_track layout issue(2).png (28.1 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by talustalus; 05-31-2020 at 10:07 PM.
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #256
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Hi

I love this theme. however I am experiencing a strange issue where I switch between my saved screensets, and while the track layout setting is 'blank' for each one, I still get a very minimalist track layout (for example, routing button disappears) for 2 of my screensets. Only one of my screensets brings it back. Please see screenshots attached.

It should have the same track layout between them, because I don't specify any other track layout setting.

Edit: attachments were too large, let me work on it. But the problem is as described above.

Edit2: resized screenshots, now attached properly.
Hi, and thanks for the screenshots, I haven't heard of anyone having a persistent issue with the screensets like that, it sure looks kind of weird

From what I can see, the Screensets / Layouts was defined for another theme, and not CSIX, since this theme doesn't include any of the Layouts showed in your lists.

The reason for the present/not present controls in tcp, could possibly be caused by the Theme Adjuster, if you have been using that feature?

Maybe you have both the CSIX Theme Adjuster AND the Default 6 Adjuster active. In such case the settings for the theme could be mixed up when switching Screensets.

So,
I suggest to check the Concept Six Theme Adjuster, and also check that settings for Layout A, B and C are set as you want them. Be sure to close other Adjusters and see if any different.

Also if you're using Track Templates, they could have been formatted with settings from when they were saved, and for the test it is important that you instantiate fresh track inserts, to make sure they are not formatted.

I hope this could give you some ideas and hopefully solve it.
If not, I need to have an exact description step-by-step, so I can try reproduce the issue here.

Btw. tonight I will start uploading updates to CONCEPT SIX. A LOT of new stuff is going out, here and on my external Page. The update also include a new universal Custom Theme Adjuster, modified and dedicated to use only with CSIX.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #257
Not_Here

OOOOOHHHHH updates.....
[fingers at the ready]

this theme is killer!
Old 06-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #258
talustalus

Quote:
Hi, and thanks for the screenshots, I haven't heard of anyone having a persistent issue with the screensets like that, it sure looks kind of weird

From what I can see, the Screensets / Layouts was defined for another theme, and not CSIX, since this theme doesn't include any of the Layouts showed in your lists.

The reason for the present/not present controls in tcp, could possibly be caused by the Theme Adjuster, if you have been using that feature?

Maybe you have both the CSIX Theme Adjuster AND the Default 6 Adjuster active. In such case the settings for the theme could be mixed up when switching Screensets.

So,
I suggest to check the Concept Six Theme Adjuster, and also check that settings for Layout A, B and C are set as you want them. Be sure to close other Adjusters and see if any different.

Also if you're using Track Templates, they could have been formatted with settings from when they were saved, and for the test it is important that you instantiate fresh track inserts, to make sure they are not formatted.

I hope this could give you some ideas and hopefully solve it.
If not, I need to have an exact description step-by-step, so I can try reproduce the issue here.

Btw. tonight I will start uploading updates to CONCEPT SIX. A LOT of new stuff is going out, here and on my external Page. The update also include a new universal Custom Theme Adjuster, modified and dedicated to use only with CSIX.

Hi - thanks for replying! I think it probably is to do with Theme Adjuster. How can I turn off the Default Theme Adjuster? I have not messed around with theme adjusters yet.

I do have layouts from previous themes saved, have not removed them due to laziness. But the main point was the Track Layout had nothing specified - so it should have maintained the same track layout between my screensets.

Looking forward to the next update! Rockin' theme!!!

Edit: Working with the theme adjuster is really simple. It was certainly that - It had 'HIDE' on some elements by default when 'mixer is visible'. That was causing those elements to disappear. SOLVED now.

Last edited by talustalus; 06-01-2020 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #259
vicenzajay

Really nice work on the 1.2 version...

This is my default theme on all but the dedicated recording machine (for which I use Imperial - LCS mod).
vicenzajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:48 AM   #260
talustalus

Er, actually, on that theme adjuster.... settings are not being saved between sessions.

Is that a known bug for theme adjuster in general?
Old 06-02-2020, 04:03 AM   #261
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Er, actually, on that theme adjuster.... settings are not being saved between sessions.

Is that a known bug for theme adjuster in general?
Hi talustalus,
Have you updated to latest version 1.2 and also installed the new (blue) CSIX Adjuster, and found it available under the Reaper top (main) menu > Options > Themes ?

If so, and settings are not recalled correctly, I suggest you dig into the Reaper root folder and locate the file "reaper-themeconfig.ini". Discard the ini file, and restart Reaper. A new fresh settings file will then be created. From there on, Reaper should start write new settings correctly and paired with the themes you engage.

Let me know if that helps.

Keep in mind that settings will only correspond to the active theme-name, and not recall for other variants, which is good, because we can now have individual settings for various themes and even for 'child-themes' of those.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #262
talustalus

Thank you!

Great work, this is the theme I'm sticking with!
It makes Reaper look and feel classy.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:53 AM   #263
funkster1

Default WOW!!!

That's a really clean, great looking Theme.
Donated for the extended download version from your site without even trying. I'm probably going to install it tomorrow, no time beforehand ...

Big thumbs up
Win 10 Pro 21H2|AMD RYZEN 3600|32 GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 710 fanless|2x27" Full HD screen|250 GB SSD system|1 TB SSD Samples|1 TB SSD projects|2 TB HDD docs & images|ROLAND Octa-Capture|BCR2000|Nektar LX88+|Maschine Mikro MK3|ZeRO SL MkII|FCB1010|KRK ROKIT 5|
funkster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:48 AM   #264
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkster1 View Post
That's a really clean, great looking Theme.
Donated for the extended download version from your site without even trying. I'm probably going to install it tomorrow, no time beforehand ...

Big thumbs up
Hey funkster1 (is there a funkster2 too ?!)
- thanks a lot man, really appreciate your comment and I hope you will find a nice creative flow using CSIX!

To be honest, I have been completely drained of all the work and file-handling over the last few months. As I find new energy, I will make more examples and showcases to better show all details.

Once installed, you should also see the new fun (and free) skin called Pimped Up!

It has been put together using various elements from different experiments and ideas, then re-colored and prepared for 1080p + HiDPI, finally updated to fit Reaper 6.11.

Initially, the idea was a kind of bling-bling hip-hop style, then the layout changed to a kind of casino look, even with a dollar sign on the play button (!), and eventually with pimped cars in mind.

I hope some find it fun, or maybe tweak the look by using Color Control in the custom Adjuster and actually use it. In fact, I think the very deep purple can be comfortable and maybe later I will revise this theme with something else than the golden tracks.

Aside from the styling, it will be interesting for me to hear how the interface behaves on different systems because it uses a special coloring and also fairly advanced graphics on the mixer master.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-04-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #265
funkster1

Quote:
Hey funkster1 (is there a funkster2 too ?!)
Nan, there's only 1

But seriously, it's looking just so great. Will give feedback as soon as possible.

Take care, don't burn out ...
Win 10 Pro 21H2|AMD RYZEN 3600|32 GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 710 fanless|2x27" Full HD screen|250 GB SSD system|1 TB SSD Samples|1 TB SSD projects|2 TB HDD docs & images|ROLAND Octa-Capture|BCR2000|Nektar LX88+|Maschine Mikro MK3|ZeRO SL MkII|FCB1010|KRK ROKIT 5|
funkster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #266
dahya

WOW !! This looks amazing ! Going to download the free one first to see how it looks / works on my set up, will then donate if all is good ! Keep up the good work !
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:51 AM   #267
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahya View Post
WOW !! This looks amazing ! Going to download the free one first to see how it looks / works on my set up, will then donate if all is good ! Keep up the good work !
Hi and thanks for the interest!

It should work fine for most screen sizes, but I'm still not quite sure about 1440px proportions, though some use C-SIX with it. I have seen examples of the UI being stretched slightly and showing unintentional interpolation.. If you use 4k+ be ready for a real treat!

Old 06-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #268
ivansc

For some reason I cant get the fonts to install. Either by select & drag or copy & paste. Just in case it`s my memory, (been a while since I shuffled fonts) where do reaper fonts go & how is the best way to install them?
Old 06-09-2020, 07:07 AM   #269
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
For some reason I cant get the fonts to install. Either by select & drag or copy & paste. Just in case it`s my memory, (been a while since I shuffled fonts) where do reaper fonts go & how is the best way to install them?
Hi ivan! Fonts should be installed in your system. I'm not entirely sure how font installation works on all systems though. Here's from the Readme pg.8:

Installing fonts,
Windows: Double-click font files with admin permissions, the system will place them in the correct location.

macOS: Drag and drop the font into Font Book (app) or use menu ‘Add new’, to place in the correct location.

Let me know if still not working.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #270
ivansc

Never dreampt it could be that easy on Windoze! I will try it.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 AM   #271
ivansc

Didnt work...
Old 06-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #272
PhelixK

Quote:
Didnt work...
hmm, bummer,
Is the included folder with the four Roboto fonts maybe placed on your desktop as aliases, meaning not fully copied or correctly moved?

Here’s where the cross platform True Type fonts are automatically placed, and works with Reaper on my Win10 install. Local C-drive: /Users/FK/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Fonts/

This could be a hidden folder on some systems - but should work if placed manually, I guess. As you can hear I'm not really an expert in Windows, and so far I haven't heard of anyone else having trouble with the fonts.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #273
ivansc

Thanks again! I got side tracked yesterday when yet another W10 update killed off my RME totalmix setup & I had no audio for anything. Fixed now, so I will have another go at installing the fonts. The frustrating part is that I always fully unzip or unrar folders and use the actual files every time. And if I remember correctly I did already try copy/pasting them into that particular location. This time I will make sure I move them properly too. Sorry to bug you on this.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #274
Stella645

Quote:
And if I remember correctly I did already try copy/pasting them into that particular location.
Try this:

Make sure the fonts are extracted from the zip file, select them all then right click/install.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #275
PhelixK

CONCEPT SIX has been updated to revision 1.3.
- I finally managed to correct the wide margin next to the VU meters @ 1x.

This correction is primarily for 1080 / 2160px, but for all variants the meter width settings are better now.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #276
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Try this:

Make sure the fonts are extracted from the zip file, select them all then right click/install.
It worked! Now to see if the theme is running right... Thanks, Stella.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:11 PM   #277
Prenzler

Default Alternative mix layouts?

Hi, I'm a new Reaper user but CSIX basic quickly became my favourite skin. The TCP layout is absolutely spot on for me. The MCP however didn't quite work as well which is why I purchased the MC version and Integral is much better. Is there any plans to add more mixer layouts? Such as the option to have full colour panels or maybe a meter bridge version (aka Imperial style).

Fantastic work, keep it up!
Prenzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:11 AM   #278
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenzler View Post
Hi, I'm a new Reaper user but CSIX basic quickly became my favourite skin. The TCP layout is absolutely spot on for me. The MCP however didn't quite work as well which is why I purchased the MC version and Integral is much better. Is there any plans to add more mixer layouts? Such as the option to have full colour panels or maybe a meter bridge version (aka Imperial style).

Fantastic work, keep it up!
Hi and thank you!!
Have you tried using borders to make more track colors visible?
And for a more classic meter bridge style, maybe experimented with embedding a needle gauge in the extended mixer?

The example here is probably not what you have in mind and is just a suggestion that could get you a little closer right away. This uses JS: VU Meter and CSIX PimpedUp!, but can be used for any BC/MC variant.

About additional mixer layouts, it is possible to create variations that does not show the vertical vu meters and top-down colored like old Reaper, but unfortunately I am not able to make them fully dynamic (as A,B and C layouts) which to me is one reason not to do it. I know the included channel strips also have very limited layout options, however they still have an eligibility and solves a problem, especially if using high track counts on single or small screens.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-17-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #279
Prenzler

Thanks PhelixK, I'd forgotten about the embedded UI, I'll give that another go.

Another question, how hard is it to move the mute and solo buttons to a centered horizontal layout rather than vertical in the MCP? Is it just a matter of changing values in the rtconfig (set mcp.mute and set mcp.solo)?
Prenzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #280
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenzler View Post
Thanks PhelixK, I'd forgotten about the embedded UI, I'll give that another go.

Another question, how hard is it to move the mute and solo buttons to a centered horizontal layout rather than vertical in the MCP? Is it just a matter of changing values in the rtconfig (set mcp.mute and set mcp.solo)?
Hey, to be honest I've never tried to change that since I actually prefer the vertical position, so can't really tell.
I see that user @BennyG made a nice approach on how to do this. Check out this second thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=238363

I believe you will have to rebuild most of the mcp because of the dependency of the elements. In the case of CSIX, I have tweaked some sizes and spaces and probably not so easy to rearrange.