Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 05-25-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
lerian
Human being with feelings

Default 6.11 Color Controls / Tint - cool but weird / Separate RGB sliders?

I was really excited to see the global theme color controls options in theme adjuster but things got really weird using the Tint sliders because of their implementation.

I think is more useful to have separate R / G / B sliders so mute and solo buttons dont change colors when i change overall colors. Or, to have the option to exclude certain elements from the tint effect. This way i can change the overall color without affecting certain colors like mute, solo, fx_dis, rec, meters, etc.

Last edited by lerian; 05-25-2020 at 08:35 AM.
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:36 AM   #2
PhelixK

Hi, what do you mean by R/G/B sliders won’t affect the button colors in your example?
The HSV (or HSL) color-adjust is also using rgb values for tinting (hue).

I believe this global feature is foremost to correct for lighting environments or old monitors, and can also be used by people with color blindness where a global adjustment can be helpful. The implementation works on the entire UI level.

As an alternative, Amagalma has released an interesting script ‘amagalma_Adjust theme colors.lua’, that has effect only on the user UI colors, and not the png’s, more info here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232639

Btw, among the latest changes to the Theme Adjuster, the new theme-check function in Reaper 6.11 is really great. I.e. if you make a series of V6 themes, it is now possible to have only one single customized Adjuster script working for all of them as it is able to pair with the theme-config.

It will also save and recall individual settings for each child of the correspondent mother-theme, so users won’t have to manually duplicate and rename Adjusters when saving new settings as ReaperThemes.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:13 AM   #3
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hi, what do you mean by R/G/B sliders won’t affect the button colors in your example?
The HSV (or HSL) color-adjust is also using rgb values for tinting (hue).

I believe this global feature is foremost to correct for lighting environments or old monitors, and can also be used by people with color blindness where a global adjustment can be helpful. The implementation works on the entire UI level.

As an alternative, Amagalma has released an interesting script ‘amagalma_Adjust theme colors.lua’, that has effect only on the user UI colors, and not the png’s, more info here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232639

Btw, among the latest changes to the Theme Adjuster, the new theme-check function in Reaper 6.11 is really great. I.e. if you make a series of V6 themes, it is now possible to have only one single customized Adjuster script working for all of them as it is able to pair with the theme-config.

It will also save and recall individual settings for each child of the correspondent mother-theme, so users won’t have to manually duplicate and rename Adjusters when saving new settings as ReaperThemes.

Thats cool, will check out Amagalma script.

What i mean is separate tint slider for each R/G/B channel. Say, i want to only change the dark blue tint into dark red tint without affecting the greens and the reds in the interface. Mainly to keep the red color of mute and disabled fx while changing the other colors.
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
hwhalen

The color controls are very cool...thanx
hwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
James Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerian View Post
I was really excited to see the global theme color controls options in theme adjuster but things got really weird using the Tint sliders because of their implementation.

I think is more useful to have separate R / G / B sliders so mute and solo buttons dont change colors when i change overall colors. Or, to have the option to exclude certain elements from the tint effect. This way i can change the overall color without affecting certain colors like mute, solo, fx_dis, rec, meters, etc.

Hey Lerian, I love the look of the theme your working on there. The color's and the joy division vibe. Will you be uploading it anywhere? I'd love to use it! Thanks!
James Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jams View Post
Hey Lerian, I love the look of the theme your working on there. The color's and the joy division vibe. Will you be uploading it anywhere? I'd love to use it! Thanks!
there is a dedicated thread for it.
It's called ClearView

::