Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 05-15-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Pando
Human being with feelings

Default Where is the MIDI CC data editor color set?

In the default R6 theme, the color for CC editor (Mod Wheel for example) is green, so it's easy to see.

However, if I load any v5 theme (WT for example) in Reaper v6, the CC editor color turns to dark red. It's not easy to see, just awful to work with. In Reaper v5 they were green bars.

I've gone thru the Theme development areas in Action list, element finder, etc., but I can't find where this color is set. I love the WT themes but I have to change the theme back to default to work with CC data.

Can anyone help how I can turn this from red to green when using a theme?

Thanks

Last edited by Pando; 05-15-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Pando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:28 AM   #2
Janne83

Its in the MIDInotecolormap.png image in theme folder.Its the second vertical pair-selected/unselected(from the inside out) on the right side of the image
Old 05-16-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

That's done with the midi_note_colormap.png image. Read this sticky to learn how to unpack a theme, then you can copy that image from one theme to another.

I don't think that is one of my themes. Up until v6 having dark colours in the midi editor was a bad idea. Perhaps its one of the mods of Imperial? Try the real thing.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
Pando

Thanks WT, it is also in your original, although due to the background being a bit lighter, it's not as jarring. This only really shows up in Reaper 6, I guess R5 never used it? My main theme is the LCS_Imperial-mod-dark-v3. And I know how to change the background, but looks like the color for that is shared with the ruler background as well.

I'll see if I can edit the midi_note_colormap image, thanks for pointing this out, and to Janne83 for ID of the exact location. I guess the colormap is needed (rather than just a static color) because Reaper uses different colors for CC data in MPE mode, and when multiple tracks are displayed?

WT_Imperial (original):

Last edited by Pando; 05-16-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
Pando

Fixed!! I used the same color (RGB:4,233,184) from the default theme and used a lighter gradient of that; it's much brighter than any existing bit strips in the colormap file. It works great now.

Attached is the edited midi_note_colormap.png file in case anyone wants to repack theirs.

Thanks everyone, and especially White Tie for the amazing original theme.

Attached Images
File Type: png midi_note_colormap.png (3.8 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by Pando; 05-16-2020 at 01:18 PM.