Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
esosotericmetal
Human being with feelings

Default ReaGate vs FabFilter Pro-G - Opinions?

I have the opportunity to get this for $80 as they are having a 50% sale and I own some of their other stuff as well.

Ideally i'd demo it extensively but i'm not sure if i'll have time to really put it through it's paces before the sale ends so i'm curious what other people think.

ReaGate is awesome and I use it a lot. What can Pro-G do that ReaGate can't? How does the sound of the different algorithims? ReaGate as the ability to send MIDI notes on gate open/close, which is pretty unique and useful.

Happy to pick it up if it's a significant step up and will get used regularly, but in general i've been avoiding buying plugins these days as I have pretty much what I need already.
esosotericmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Not familiar with the Pro-G, but FabFilter plugins look and sound great. If there's something in that one you need or you just like the interface, go for it. Otherwise, $80 is a lot for a utility plugin, imo. My rec is to demo it and see for yourself if it's worth getting. ReaGate does everything I need a gate to do so I wouldn't even consider it. Though I do realize you want to hear from someone who has compared them....