Old 06-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
soundchaser59
Human being with feelings

Default Friends In The Sky - New Mix!

http://www.soundchasermusic.com/sc/a...nTheSky_CD.mp3

Here is an updated mix of my song Friends In The Sky. It’s an instrumental jam at this point, but lyrics may come later.

The main thing this tune needed was a top shelf bass line, and CameronDye came thru with flying colors for the task. We talked about the tune several times and ended up with a melding of my own parts with some tracks that Cameron reworked for me with new instrument voicings. I provided the melody, rhythm guitar and keys, guitar solo, and midi for the drum track. (the harmonica and flute solos are canned from an Elastik plugin)

Cameron added new voices to the keys from Spectrasonics Keyscape, revoiced and mixed the drums using the awesome updated Superior Drummer 3, and recorded that killer bass track using I believe an Ampeg PF-50T amp thru a 12" Ampeg speaker, with a U47 fet condensor mic, combined with a second track for the A-Designs Reddi D.I. signal. He's playing a real Lakland Skyline DJ bass on this.

We uploaded all of the respective track stems to a dropbox and Cameron was nice enough to mix it all together for me. I think the mix sounds very spacious and cohesive. Give it a listen.

here is a link to the original thread about this tune….
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=205992

Last edited by soundchaser59; 06-18-2018 at 10:05 PM.
soundchaser59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
camerondye
Human being with feelings

It was great working with Soundchaser...nice guy and great musician on top of that. I think it turned out great and I had a blast working on it.
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote