Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #81
Grim Jim
Human being with feelings

Default New Update: 23/December/2020

Hey all. I have a new update. The following themes have been updated...

Apollo indent to version 1.22

Tronic 5 Dark to 1.13

and Tronic Light to 1.03

For Tronic (both versions), I have added a new track layout that has both a volume fader and a pan knob. As for Apollo, I've simply fixed some issues with the "minimal vertical" layout.

These themes and more can be found in the link in my signature as always.

Also, have a merry Christmas & a happy new year.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #82
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27/December/2020

Hello again. I have updated the following themes (again)....

Apollo indent to 1.23

Tronic Light to 1.04

and Tronic Dark to 1.14

For Tronic (both versions), I have fixed & improved the "Volume & Pan knob" track Layout. For Apollo, I've just corrected some track label colors.

Download these updated themes from the link in my signature. Enjoy.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:03 AM   #83
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27//December/2020

Hey all, I have a new update again. This time, I have updated the Realax Extended theme to version 1.07.
For this one, I have added a new mixer layout which is simply a slim FX Rack. Also I have made the existing Sidebar mixer layout a tiny bit less wide. And I've made some visual improvements to the MIDI Editor.

You can download this updated theme and more by going to the link in my signature.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #84
permeke

loving your Instrument 4 edit .
However , I would like to be able to change some font colors to pure white instead of the greyish.
Som can be changed in theme tweaker but not all.
Input/pan/volume etc.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #85
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
loving your Instrument 4 edit .
However , I would like to be able to change some font colors to pure white instead of the greyish.
Som can be changed in theme tweaker but not all.
Input/pan/volume etc.
Hi. To change the colors of the input label, volume & pan labels, you would need to unpack the theme and go into the theme's config file (a text file named rtconfig) and edit the numbers next to the lines where the label colors are.

Luckily for you, I have uploaded an attachment in this post with a rtconfig file with the changes already made. Just replace the themes original rtconfig file with the one attached to this post.

Let me know of you see the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtconfig.txt (37.4 KB, 236 views)
Old 03-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #86
permeke

Jim , you are my hereo.
I will try it out right now .
Old 03-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #87
permeke

It works !!
Thanks Jim.

can I ask another one : all of the "instrument " themes have like a kind of mist stain over them.
Is it possible to get rid of this too ?
Old 03-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #88
Grim Jim

I think the "Mist" look is due the theme's aesthetic & color scheme. The colors & style apply to every element of the theme from the track buttons to the panels, the toolbars, the transport buttons, the windows and everything. All of it designed by the original theme's creator from scratch.

If you want that much of the theme to be reworked visually then you can find the following thread by the theme's original creator https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=246860

You can contact him (or her, or whatever) in that thread and make requests related to the theme there.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #89
gxray

Thanks for maintaining this, such a massive collection of themes!

Easiest way to quickly find something you like IMO, there's bound to be a few in your pack =)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #90
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Jim View Post
I think the "Mist" look is due the theme's aesthetic & color scheme. The colors & style apply to every element of the theme from the track buttons to the panels, the toolbars, the transport buttons, the windows and everything. All of it designed by the original theme's creator from scratch.

If you want that much of the theme to be reworked visually then you can find the following thread by the theme's original creator https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=246860

You can contact him (or her, or whatever) in that thread and make requests related to the theme there.
yes I already subscribed
Old 03-12-2021, 09:36 AM   #91
Grim Jim

Default New Update 12/March/2021

I have updated both the Light & Dark versions of the Tronic 5 theme (Dark to 1.15 and Light to 1.05).

The Alternative Transport layout (named Alt Transport) has been fixed. I forgot I even had that one. Also, the track numbers have been made bold for more visibility.

Both updated themes can be found in my signature along with all the others.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:47 AM   #92
permeke

I like your instrument Theme 4.
I only wish there was a volume fader option on the TCP.
Any idea ?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #93
Grim Jim

Quote:
Any idea ?
I'll see what I can do and I will let you know if I can do it or not.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:24 AM   #94
Rhonin

Default procrastinator annonymous

well i know what ill be doing all day
(not making music)
ill be checking out all these themes

thanks for all the hard work
Rhonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #95
Grim Jim

Default New Update - 15th/March/2021

Quote:
Quote:
Any idea ?
Quote:
I'll see what I can do and I will let you know if I can do it or not.
Okay! The Instrument 4 theme has been updated to v.1.03 which now has an optional track layout with a volume fader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonin View Post
well i know what ill be doing all day
(not making music)
ill be checking out all these themes

thanks for all the hard work
Thanks. Feel free to tell me which ones you like the most
Old 03-21-2021, 08:04 AM   #96
Rhonin

personally i love white ties design,..it just needs beveled edges

i have a laptop so im using
Default Commala Less Dark Edition v1.04
whch is 96% awsome

there are some dark versions of the default theame that could be really cool i think

using grey scale, and high contrast red seems good for fonts
the tricky part is getting enough contrast on the waveforms

thx again
Rhonin
Rhonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #97
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 21st/March/2021

Hey all. I have a new update with two NEW additional themes and more.

The two new ones are mods of Alternate 4 and Paulienesia.

Both have new track & mixer layouts as well as some improvements.

Also, I have updated some existing themes including the following...

LCS Ringer Blue to 1.17 which has some new track layouts and some small visual improvements.

And there are now Two versions of the Tracks Extended theme, version A and version B (both updated to 3.0). Version A has a lighter arrange view while version B has a much darker one. So you can decide which one suits your tastes more.

Full details of the changes can found in the included text file. That and the themes can be found in the link in my signature. Enjoy
Old 03-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #98
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 23rd//March/2021

Hello again. New update again. Firstly, I have updated Paulienesia to v1.03 which I've tweaked a few visual elements in including the Alt Transport buttons in their "on" state and the track name background.

Secondly, I have also added a Tinted version of Paulienesia for those who like tinted track panels.

Download them and try them out by going to the link in my signature. Enjoy
Old 03-24-2021, 07:23 PM   #99
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 25th/March/2021

Hey again. Just a quick update here. The following themes have been updated...

WT Brawn Flat HDNoise to v.1.06

And all 4 versions of LCS Luna have been updated with fixes made to the "Reduced Long Name" track panel layout and other small fixes.

All the latest versions can be found in the collection by going to the link in my signature.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:42 AM   #100
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27th/March/2021

Hey all. It's new update time & I've added a new theme to the collection and updated some existing themes.

The New theme is a mod of the recent rLive theme (original can be found here -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=230905 )

For this one, I have added a new optional compact track layout that is suitable for smaller laptop screens (like mine).

Also, the Paulienesia theme (both versions) have been updated to 1.04 which now have some extra track layouts with vertical meters.

Finally, at the request of X-Tech, I have updated Grayground X-Tech Edition to version 2 with has changes made to the X-Tech track layout to fit his needs more closely.

These themes and all my other ones can be found by going to the link in my signature. Also in there is a text file with full details of the changes.

Enjoy
Old 03-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #101
permeke

Love the Grayhound theme's as well.
Only wish there was a volume fader option on TCP and green VU meters.Meters could also have a narrow look option.
and .... and .... Sorry man.

Last edited by permeke; 03-28-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:06 AM   #102
Grim Jim

Default Announcement

Hey all. Recently, I've developed Tinnitus and it's affecting how I hear music. That means my musical aspirations are in serious doubt so this means a few things going forward.

Firstly I can't see myself continuing with REAPER all that much so I won't be editing reaper themes anymore. I've been doing that for long enough anyway.

Secondly, I won't be taking requests anymore.

Anyway, I hope you all liked my work. My stuff will still be there in my signature as always for you to download whenever you want.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #103
pbognar

I'm really sorry to hear that. I remember having fluid in one ear and it caused music to sound out of tune with itself - everything sounded like steel drums! But that lasted for 3 days, so really nothing compared to what you're going through.

I hope something can be done for your hearing. Thanks for all the theme mods.
pbognar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:06 PM   #104
Pink Wool

Grim Jim! Thank you for all the hard work you've done over the years! Sorry to hear about the tinnitus! Hopefully you can still enjoy music! 💖

All the best,
PW.
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #105
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Grim Jim! Thank you for all the hard work you've done over the years! Sorry to hear about the tinnitus! Hopefully you can still enjoy music! 💖

All the best,
PW.
Well, I can still enjoy music with clean guitar , piano and sparse arrangements etc. However, when it comes to rock & metal songs (one of my favorite genres) the rhythm guitars get masked by tinny, pitchy whistley noises which makes them unlistenable. It's rather heartbreaking for a guitar player like myself. The same applies to songs with dense arrangements.

So I will stick to just listening to clean & calm music and not on headphones anymore.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #106
Grim Jim

Default New Update - October 12th 2021

Hi all. It has been a couple of months since I first got tinnitus (and still have it) but nowadays I have become so used to it that my brain just pushes it into the background rather than the foreground. And so it doesn't interfere as much when I listen to music.
So now I'm starting to enjoy music again (but god knows how long that will last though, life can be unpredictable) and so I've went back into Reaper and edited & updated some of my themes with fixes and improvements.

The following themes have been updated...

LCS Ringer Blue to 1.18

Paulinesia (both tinted & untinted versions) to 1.08

And Tronic 5 Light version to 1.06

For Paulinesia, I have added a Sidebar layout for the Master mixer and I've made a bunch of visual improvements (lines on track panels, tweaked the toolbar etc) so now the theme has a more "finished" look and feel to it.

For LCS Ringer Blue, I've fixed the colors of the MIDI note names on the keys and changed the mixer fxlist arrows to a light color for better visibility and the track names are bigger for easier readability.

And For Tronic 5 Light, I've only just made the mixer fxlist arrows slightly darker for better visibility and contrast. A small change but still an improvement.

Also, I have added a new theme too. A modded version of the Echolot theme. I haven't really done anything to overall look of the theme. I've only changed the sidebar on the Exended mixer layout down to a more reasonable width (the ones in the original version were ridiculously wide) and I've fixed & changed the mixer fxlist arrows for better visibility. Also, I added a new master mixer layout called "Compact Master" (or something like that) which is something more suitable than the others for smaller screens.

So all of these themes (and the updated text file) are available to download in my signature as always.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #107
mawi

Quote:
Also, I have added a new theme too. A modded version of the Echolot theme. I haven't really done anything to overall look of the theme. I've only changed the sidebar on the Exended mixer layout down to a more reasonable width (the ones in the original version were ridiculously wide) and I've fixed & changed the mixer fxlist arrows for better visibility. Also, I added a new master mixer layout called "Compact Master" (or something like that) which is something more suitable than the others for smaller screens.
Hi, you have implemented some cool ideas. I made the extended mixer layout extra wide to embed the GUI of the Reaper FXs. But if you don't use this feature, the extended mixer area is indeed a bit too wide. Where can I find the fxlist arrows you fixed? I also like the new master mixer layout. Greetings
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:04 AM   #108
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawi View Post
Hi, you have implemented some cool ideas. I made the extended mixer layout extra wide to embed the GUI of the Reaper FXs. But if you don't use this feature, the extended mixer area is indeed a bit too wide. Where can I find the fxlist arrows you fixed? I also like the new master mixer layout. Greetings
Hi there. You can find the mixer fxlist arrows by unpacking the theme. Then in the image folder, look for one called mcp_arrowbuttons_ud.png and it should be there.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:14 AM   #109
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 19th/October/2021

Hey all. I have added a new theme and updated some existing themes.

Firstly, the new theme. There are many Janne mods out there and one that caught my eye was one called "EFJmodDark" or some thing like that.
Anyway, I liked the very flat aesthetic that it had but it was flawed so I made many fixes & improvements as well as a bunch of new track, mixer and transport layouts making the theme more flexible and complete.
Since the theme has a look that is soft & flat like a pancake, I renamed the theme to Janne Pancake.

Also, the following themes have been updated...

Paulinesia (both versions) to 1.11

Janne Albinos to 1.24 and the Untinted version to 1.14

and R Live to 1.02

For Paulinesia (both versions), I've added some new track and mixer layouts as well as changing the look of the track & mixer i/o route buttons a little bit to look a bit cleaner.
For R Live, I've added a new transport layout called "Instrument Transport" which is basically the transport taken from the Instrument theme adapted to fit this theme.
And For Janne Albinos (both versions), I simply corrected the name alignments on some of the mixer layouts and then some subtle visual improvements to the rest of the theme.

All of these (and the updated text file) can be found in my signature below.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #110
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 25th/October/2021

New update again. The Following themes have been updated..

Grayground Extended to 1.30

Janne Albinos to 1.27 and the Untinted version to 1.17

Paulinesia (both versions) to 1.12

For Grayground, I've added a new meterbridge mixer layout as well a a narrow version too. For Janne Albinos, I've added new narrow sidebar mixer layouts and made the track names slightly brighter. For Paulinesia, I've made it so that the the track & mixer panels go darker when selected which makes it easier to tell which track is selected.

All of these updates can be found in my sig as usual.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #111
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 5th/November/2021

Hey all. I have just updated Janne Pancake to version 1.02 which for this one, I have fixed a folder last icon display issue on the Narrow Sidebar mixer layout. Also, I have made a few subtle visual tweaks & improvements to make the theme look more consistent and cohesive.

You can download it from the link in my signature as usual.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #112
pbognar

Quote:
Hey all. I have just updated Janne Pancake to version 1.02 which for this one, I have fixed a folder last icon display issue on the Narrow Sidebar mixer layout. Also, I have made a few subtle visual tweaks & improvements to make the theme look more consistent and cohesive.

You can download it from the link in my signature as usual.
I made myself a portable install and copied all your themes into there so I could easily see all of them using <ctl><alt><page up> and <page down>.

Great stuff.
pbognar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #113
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 6th/November/2021

Back again. I have just updated Alternate4 to version 1.02

This time, I've added some new mixer layouts as well as subtle tweaks to improve the theme a little.

You can download it from the link in my sig as usual.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:36 PM   #114
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 24th/November/2021

Hey all. I have updated my mod of LCS_Ringer-Blue to version 1.19.

This time, I've made the tcp buttons a shade lighter for more clarity as well a other subtle visual improvements.

You can download it from my signature below as usual.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:47 AM   #115
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 8th/December/2021

Realax Extended has just been updated to version 1.08.

I discovered when using ReaSamplomatic, This theme would display weird vertical sliders instead of knobs. That made it impossible to make fine adjustments. It was a real head scratcher trying to figure out what caused this but I eventually found a solution and now there are proper knobs this time. Now you can properly use reasamplomatic with this theme.

You can download it from my signature as usual.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #116
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 13th/December 2021

I have just updated Realax Extended to version 1.09

The Pan knob on the track panel layout was a bit messed up previously So I've fixed this issue. Hopefully there won't be any more issues popping up again.

I have also updated the one on the stash too.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #117
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27th December 2021

Hope you all had a merry Christmas. Anyway, a new update.

I have updated both versions of Paulinesia to 1.13

This time, I've changed the position of the track panel phase button so that it sits underneath the track name for the "Janne Style" track layouts.

You can download both themes from my signature as usual.

Have a happy new year.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:00 PM   #118
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 3rd/April/2022

Hey all. I haved just updated my mod of the Echolot theme to 1.04

This time, I have taken some elements from FeedTheCat's recent mod (input fx on track panels etc.) and I've integrated them with my own mod. These changes can be seen in the new track layouts with "FTC" in their names.

As usual, this new update can be found in the link in my signature.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:37 AM   #119
scatman84

Wow! I am astonished to see your work Jim! Thanks a lot for your wonderful work.
scatman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:47 PM   #120
jnorman34

hi - thanks for posting all your fine work! since you hinted that you were open to suggestions, would you consider trying to tweak the mixer in I Logic free V1.2 to add bevels around, or simply dividers between each of the mixer track panels (like the protools theme), and make the mixer track panels dark silver (like the UA Luna DAW) instead of black? thanks again.
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote